Brothers of the 2nd company unite!

TempestBlade

My suggestion is to agree with your opponent that every DW unit has Inner circle and every RW unit has Jink

I think that will be the rule in Supplement

BTW i already play wth my friends giving +1 W to CSM/DG/TS/GK as a home rule  so they have no problem giving to DA the special rules they deserve

The Index strikes me as being a sloppy rush job. The Pennant of Remembrance specifically mentions being a bespoke Deathwing Ancient relic, but there's no Deathwing Ancient in the Index, despite the fact GW remembered to put in all the other DW/RW Elite-slot characters, even the RW Ancient, whose banner no one really wants.  That's just one of many glaring oversights.

The Index strikes me as being a sloppy rush job. The Pennant of Remembrance specifically mentions being a bespoke Deathwing Ancient relic, but there's no Deathwing Ancient in the Index, despite the fact GW remembered to put in all the other DW/RW Elite-slot characters, even the RW Ancient, whose banner no one really wants.  That's just one of many glaring oversights.

You think that's bad? The Talonmaster can't even take their specific relic. Because the Relics section says VEHICLE units cannot take Relics.... And the Talonmaster is a VEHICLE....

Edited by Gederas

I highly doubt that, as there are plenty of edge cases where this doesn't pan out, especially with things like part of the Deathwing command squad being in the base codex.

Well, consider this:ç it is possible tha plan is to make BK and DW termies really paragons in their class but to give support to other DW/RV units ( bikes, Bladeguard, speeders) with stratagems tied to the keyword.

I highly doubt that, as there are plenty of edge cases where this doesn't pan out, especially with things like part of the Deathwing command squad being in the base codex.

Well, consider this:ç it is possible tha plan is to make BK and DW termies really paragons in their class but to give support to other DW/RV units ( bikes, Bladeguard, speeders) with stratagems tied to the keyword.

Yeah, I mean, you can still use all Ravenwing Stratagems on a Ravenwing Bike or a Ravenwing Landspeeder.

I mean.... It'd suddenly change several editions worth of gameplay. Consistent abilities mind you.

That and I think a lot of people would be annoyed because it'd mean that Ravenwing (outside of the ones in the FAQ) basically don't benefit from either the Dark Angels Chapter Tactic or Ravenwing Jink, so why even take them?

Edited by Gederas

I mean.... It'd suddenly change several editions worth of gameplay. Consistent abilities mind you.

That and I think a lot of people would be annoyed because it'd mean that Ravenwing (outside of the ones in the FAQ) basically don't benefit from either the Dark Angels Chapter Tactic or Ravenwing Jink, so why even take them?

Because their stratagems are still the best in the chapter.

Because they still have the best toughness, wounds, mobility amd maneuverability of the entire chapter.

Because they still have Bolter Discipline.

Because they still pack the best amount of Plasma around.

I mean, c'mon... Ravenwing IS the best wing of the Chapter, regardless of Jink. That hasn't changed.

That's because the rule isn't in Codex: Space Marines and we have a temp index. If in a few weeks we see Space Wolves apply the Blood Claw ability to all base units with the blood claw keyword, then we know how it'll work in our book.

That's because the rule isn't in Codex: Space Marines and we have a temp index. If in a few weeks we see Space Wolves apply the Blood Claw ability to all base units with the blood claw keyword, then we know how it'll work in our book.

If they give the jink to some units they will give it to all including firstborn units too cause they all get RW keyword in the base SM codex

And the same goes for the units that get DW keyword in base SM codex and the Inner circle rule

If they will give jink only to outriders who will ever buy them that are 3 men fixed squads without option compared to the much more versatile RWBK that they unlock you slot free characters and are an elite unit meaning they dont enter in competition for the much more useful DS for FA slots? the reply is nobody

Invaders and Storm Speeders can be a decent JINK sosbstitute compared to the firstborn LS and Attack Bike but the Storm Speeder has a big competitor in RW with the LSV that is the same kind of unit (one speeder single model unit) and had a very good upgrade in rules with the new wargear (enhanced HB and Plasma Battery) and having less than 10 W it will not suffer the decrease of its stats when starting to lose wounds

so in the new RW units only the Invader would be a real winner in case the firstborn RW units will not get JINK

But i am pretty sue that in the final supplement the JINK rule (and IC rule for DW) will be written along these lines:

"if a model of your Dark Angels army has the ravenwing keyword it also gains the JINK rule"

I'd be surprised if we get an Errata to our FAQ index.  I don't think the image in the WHC article for the January codices is our new codex cover, instead it was a generic Imperial and non-Imperial image.  Hopefully we get our supplement in January, but February or March won't kill me.  Once we have our codex supplement, I believe that most all of our concerns will be addressed.  And we will have the best fast attack army composition in the game.