Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Kill Team - Pariah Nexus

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts

unknown.png

They mentioned stuff for KT back during the 9E intel drops - it's nice to see the game getting more love. The trailer has what appears to be Primaris and Flayed Ones?
  • firestorm40k and ranulf the revenant like this

mkbKIlr.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

Remember the rumored Necrons vs Deathwatch box set?

• matcap86 likes this

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos

if it is a DW vs necrons boxset, does anyone think we'll get custom DW primaris sculpts, or will it just be some assault intercessors and the upgrades sprue? hoping for the former

• Felix Antipodes and Doctor Perils like this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,827 posts
A tease of a tease.
But KT news is always welcome!

if it is a DW vs necrons boxset, does anyone think we'll get custom DW primaris sculpts, or will it just be some assault intercessors and the upgrades sprue? hoping for the former

Would not mind regular sculpted, if we get some proper 3D Zone mortalis type of terrain, that can also be used for, shockingly, zone mortalis games.

Edited by Sete, 17 October 2020 - 05:59 PM.

• Doctor Perils and Brother Cruoris like this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts

And the trailer now that it's available on Youtube.

mkbKIlr.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

Pretty sure it would be existing sculpts.  They’d save anything new for an expansion box in regards to kill team.

i know flayed ones are going to be new sculpts, but they’re an existing unit.

Lord Commander Vulkus Dorn

Lord Commander Vulkus Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Yes!

"They shall be MY finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to ME. Like clay I shall mold them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns shall they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are MY bulwark against the Terror . They are THE Defenders of Humanity. They are MY Space Marines and they shall KNOW NO FEAR!

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts
I knew the trailer was bothering me - it started with the new logo, and ended with the old.
  • Firedrake Cordova, PJ1933, armarnis and 1 other like this

mkbKIlr.png

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,394 posts

Maybe this is part of the reason why the Start Collecting Deathwatch box has gone No Longer Available on the GW Webstore?

• Detjan likes this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Might be getting reboxed - the primaris SW box is the same way, and both have books coming out next month.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,920 posts
Colour me excited. Wild dream would be catacomb scenery. Can't see it happening but support for delving into the tomb worlds could be fun :)
  • Arch69 likes this

RA-sig.jpg

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 712 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Okay, for those of you who have seen my posts, you'll know I've slowed down and stepped back a bit, because this is a period in GW's release schedule where they aren't sharing much information about the factions and/ or game elements that are of interest to me personally. Continuing to be active at such a time in GW's release cycle would lead me to be negative enough that I would burn some bridges and exhaust some good will, and generally bring divisiveness to an online environment about which I care a great deal.

So today's post, while it will contain some disappointing hypotheses toward the end, will hopefully not be too negative.

Let me start by saying that ANYTHING for Kill Team is better than nothing, and that I am ecstatic that GW has made an announcement that includes an actual timeline. Let me also say that my primary faction, Sisters, is likely to feature strongly in any expansion set in the Pariah Nexus, so again, sheer delight at this announcement. And finally, Kyria Draxus is awesome, and her involvement in the sector bodes well for the Inquisition as a whole, as well as other Imperial Agents. Knowing that the Deathwatch dex will be out by the time this expansion drops, plus the fact that Kill Teams have ALWAYS been a part of DW lore, plus their connection with the Ordo Xenos makes me hopeful for them as well, so again... Just awesome news.

But...

I fear that a disproportionate amount of oxygen in the KT reboot will go to the more vanilla Marines and Necrons, and I'm at maximum saturation for that kind of development right now. It's been almost 4 months of nothing but Space Marines and Necrons. I was hoping the hype would exhaust itself after the first six months. I was hoping that all the dexes, supplements and model releases would be enough to satiate those parts of the player base so that we could get a month or two where we're allowed to hear about other things- and actual details about other things. If they had actually told us what the early 2021 xeno faction dex was, rather than just hyping the Space Marine supplements and other dexes that we already knew about, maybe I wouldn't have needed to post the "but" section of this post.

Again, all speculation. They could achieve Balance between support for the factions that dominate the Pariah storyline, which I would not mind at all. Even better, they could use it to promote the factions that are involved in the story that didn't receive super massive hype from the indomitus box as a way of restoring some balance to the release schedule as a whole, rather than striving for balance within the KT release itself.

For example, will the models in the KT box be more of the vanilla marines and Necrons released with Indomitus repurposed, or will it contain, Deathwatch, Templars or Sisters vs Necrons. If it's Pariah Nexus, the bad guys pretty much have to be Necrons. If the good guys are Sisters or Deathwatch, I'll buy it. Having one KT worth of Crons might inspire me to make a small Cron detachment for use as antagonists against my various Crusade armies. But if the good guys are just more vanilla marines, there will be no point to buying that box for me. If the marines turn out to be Templars, I won't buy it, but I won't be upset about either, because even though it's more marine spam, I get that Templars getting some love would be nice for a lot of other players.

PS- I hope this post was positive enough not to promote enough hate response to lock the thread, which is what happened the last time I thought I respectfully voiced legitimate concerns about space marine spam. It's really not my intention to troll. Honest. Peace B&C; I really do have enough love and respect for this board and it's members that I don't want to pee in anyone's Kool-Aid.

• Kheotour and Doctor Perils like this

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,313 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

I knew the trailer was bothering me - it started with the new logo, and ended with the old.

It started with the logo for Warhammer 40,000 (9th edition) and ended with the logo for Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, which incorporates the old logo. This isn't a case of screwing up logos.

This makes it seem likely (to me) that this isn't the hoped-for reboot of Kill Team, which I assume would update to incorporate the new WH40K logo.

Whether or not we get a boxed set out of this is anyone's guess. Elites, after all, was just a book. This might be nothing more than a (hopefully) large expansion that adds the new stuff (e.g., Bladeguard and other stuff that appears in the shiny new 9th edition WH40K codices) and some other stuff that isn't represented in the current KT rules; and potentially refines some stuff that was released in the 2019 Annual. A new boxed set would be great, but I'm keeping my expectations low (in terms of cost/content quantity).
  • Inquisitor Eisenhorn and Nemesor Tyriks like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Harald Fairmane

Harald Fairmane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts

Kill team is a bit clunky - up to 4 dice rolls per attack, hit - wound - armor save - flesh wound..  But the concept is just amazing.  Great entry point to the hobby, can have smaller factions not in the big brother 40k game, great flexibility for using smaller terrain, can fight inside spaceships etc.  Its simply an amazing concept.

I hope for a re-release with updated rules, not sure how it should have been done though.  And please emperor almighty let me bring my fenrisian wolves in my kill team!

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,865 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
We've likely just seen the forces that will be in the box - IF there's a box. Looking forward to more info on a new Kill Team starter! Hopefully would contain some cool scenery as well.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
Curious to see how this pans out. The previously previewed new flayed ones look neat, and while I hope it won’t be more standard assault intercessors (since I’ve acquired a small stockpile of them already) I won’t exactly be disappointed (time for a new chapter lol).

I really want to see what the terrain will look like, though. Unless this turns out to be more structured like the Rogue Trader expansion, which I wish they’d do more of, as I really liked the concept and look of.

Ragnar69

Ragnar69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
I bet it will be 5 multipart assault intercessors and 5 flayed ones in the box
  • Aarik and Dank_Angle like this

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,357 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

I hope this post was positive enough not to promote enough hate response to lock the thread

Honestly, it seemed pretty even-handed and constructive to me. smile.png (whilst I like Space Marines as much as the next person, I also like Orks, Genestealer Cults, Necrons, ... everyone needs their time in the sun, or things go downhill msn-wink.gifsmile.png)

It started with the logo for Warhammer 40,000 (9th edition) and ended with the logo for Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, which incorporates the old logo.

True, but I find it a little jarring once I noticed it ... I'm kinda surprised they didn't "silently" update the Kill Team logo to incorporate the new 40K one smile.png

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 17 October 2020 - 04:27 PM.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,828 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

They are going to force me to buy a box set for the Flayed Ones, arent they.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

I hope this new release for KT will come with updated datasheets and rules to refelct the changes that the 9th edition brings

• Inquisitor Eisenhorn, Boyadventurer and Arch69 like this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,082 posts
  • Faction: Forces of the Imperium
Seems like they are sticking with this edition which I’m fine with. All I’m looking for out of this release is: profile updates for marines and an expansion of units available in the game. Inquisition as a faction would be great, with Draxus as a good excuse to do so.
  • Lysimachus and Arch69 like this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

Seems like they are sticking with this edition which I’m fine with. All I’m looking for out of this release is: profile updates for marines and an expansion of units available in the game. Inquisition as a faction would be great, with Draxus as a good excuse to do so.

Your Dude(tte)s, please. I know that GW's named characters will always be better, in any rules set. But let us have our own Inquisitorial retinues and Rogue Trader crews.
  • Inquisitor Eisenhorn and Sete like this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,786 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

That's my concern as well. I guess we'll find out soon enough

Edited by Marshal Loss, 17 October 2020 - 06:16 PM.

• Scribe likes this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,827 posts
Inquisition KT when Geedubs?
  • Inquisitor Eisenhorn, Joe and BladeOfVengeance like this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,793 posts

That's my concern as well. I guess we'll find out soon enough

Not necessarily, they may follow the Necron warriors logic and charge £30 for a box of flayed ones and £33 for the kill team starter with the flayed ones, marines, scenery and rules 😆
  • Firedrake Cordova likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users