Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Kill Team - Pariah Nexus

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

They are going to force me to buy a box set for the Flayed Ones, arent they.

That's my concern as well. I guess we'll find out soon enough

Not necessarily, they may follow the Necron warriors logic and charge £30 for a box of flayed ones and £33 for the kill team starter with the flayed ones, marines, scenery and rules

Either way, we should probably know by tomorrow. If they don't get released alongside the new crypteks, its a good bet they're either coming at some much later time or part of a box.

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

Not necessarily, they may follow the Necron warriors logic and charge £30 for a box of flayed ones and £33 for the kill team starter with the flayed ones, marines, scenery and rules 😆
Didnt they get pantsed/fleeced/burned by people buying (out) the KT starter just for the scenery so people who wanted to play killteam lost out or could settle for cheap rulebooks...so next KT starter could be scenery light and/or much more expensive?

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 17 October 2020 - 06:38 PM.

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,049 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
I'm looking forward to this - I was expecting another Kill Team annual that would have the rules for some of the new Marine and Necron units; so apparently getting a new set with some minis (and hopefully terrain???) is a real bonus.

I'm sure there's fault to be found with whatever GW puts in the box (new Flayed Ones? Old Death Watch?); I won't be drawn in to any of that as I'm too busy making mocking laughter in my head at all the naysayers who have been saying Kill Team is dead :lol: :D ;)

Edited by firestorm40k, 18 October 2020 - 06:00 AM.

My new Kill Team project - http://www.bolterand...dothese-sector/ (Updated 26/03/19: Marines Malevolent painting in progress)

My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,793 posts

Not necessarily, they may follow the Necron warriors logic and charge £30 for a box of flayed ones and £33 for the kill team starter with the flayed ones, marines, scenery and rules 😆
Didnt they get pantsed/fleeced/burned by people buying (out) the KT starter just for the scenery so people who wanted to play killteam lost out or could settle for cheap rulebooks...so next KT starter could be scenery light and/or much more expensive?

If the cost of the scenery heavy Necromunda Set is anything to go by then I think you’re right in expecting a price increase, especially if it is in a similar zone mortalis theme.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 712 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

I agree with Brother Ty though that we don't know for sure we're getting a box at all. I'd say it's likely, but there are no guarantees. But GW did tell us loudly and clearly back in July that they had plans for KT. They may have even said big plans, but I can't remember. That's why the announcement instantly made me think boxed set until BT kindly reminded me to manage my expectations.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,828 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Not necessarily, they may follow the Necron warriors logic and charge £30 for a box of flayed ones and £33 for the kill team starter with the flayed ones, marines, scenery and rules

I'd take the Flayed Ones at 15 instead. I have enough unused junk around here. :P

• MARK0SIAN likes this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,054 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I think a large part of the "space marine spam" was caused by covid messing up all their timelines.
  • Kierdale and Dark Shepherd like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,802 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I hope the new rule set is good.
  • Arch69 likes this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

I hope the new rule set is good.

I dont see a new ruleset coming but just an expansion to include models for SM and necron introduced in indomitus and the new codexes

Maybe they will upgrade SM stats lines too but it's not sure they will do that

Only time will tell cause from what we can get from the announcement is that this supplement (that could be just a new book or new starter box or even both) will be out early 2021 so i can bet January or February

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,285 posts
If I’ve understood correctly they have already revealed that next weeks pre orders include the new Warcry starter. It’s probably another week for more 40k stuff.

I’m kind of hoping if this is deathwatch that it’s new models and not bundles of existing stuff. I’ve long wished that 40k kill teams were unique boxes like the underworld war bands. The existing business model has always felt like a minimum effort cash grab to me.
  • Black Blow Fly, Centurion Jay, Inquisitor Eisenhorn and 1 other like this

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,209 posts
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Agreed with several others, don't need a total reboot, I'd be quite happy with updated SM and cron lists, maybe updates for universal weapons (like flamers, etc) that have changed for everyone, and a few new missions. Inquisition KTs would be icing on the cake.
  • Inquisitor Eisenhorn likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
I'm hoping for a campaign expansion book instead of a new edition. New missions, units and campaign rules please.
  • Inquisitor Eisenhorn likes this

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 962 posts

If I’ve understood correctly they have already revealed that next weeks pre orders include the new Warcry starter. It’s probably another week for more 40k stuff.

I’m kind of hoping if this is deathwatch that it’s new models and not bundles of existing stuff. I’ve long wished that 40k kill teams were unique boxes like the underworld war bands. The existing business model has always felt like a minimum effort cash grab to me.

I'd like for them to follow the warcry model, more than the underworlds if they reboot it. I don't like the lack of customization or the cards with underworlds. A set up like warcry where you have some new gangs and the option to use some of your existing models would be better.

That said I doubt it's a reboot and more set of campaign rules and missions.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

I'm hoping for a campaign expansion book instead of a new edition. New missions, units and campaign rules please.

Yes a better campaign system would be appreciated

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,936 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
I'm mostly hoping they give all factions a proper update to reflect the ones in 9th - and give them all a decent amount of model options, I was endlessly frustrated by CSM only having CSM and cultists at the begining where my AdMech opponent had 4 or 5 options
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,357 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders
Didnt they get pantsed/fleeced/burned by people buying (out) the KT starter just for the scenery so people who wanted to play killteam lost out 

That sounds more like the release of Shadow War: Armageddon, which saw the first appearance of the Sector Mechanicus terrain, and sold out on the first day of pre-orders, if my memory is correct. 

Of course, it could also have applied to the initial Kill Team box, which saw the first appearance of the Sector Imperialis terrain, along with some of the Killzone expansions (the Sector Mechanicus one was particularly good value-for-money), although they stayed available for a lot longer. smile.png

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 20 October 2020 - 02:23 PM.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

Didnt they get pantsed/fleeced/burned by people buying (out) the KT starter just for the scenery so people who wanted to play killteam lost out

That sounds more like the release of Shadow War: Armageddon, which saw the first appearance of the Sector Mechanicus terrain, and sold out on the first day of pre-orders, if my memory is correct.

Of course, it could also have applied to the initial Kill Team box, which saw the first appearance of the Sector Imperialis terrain, along with some of the Killzone expansions (the Sector Mechanicus one was particularly good value-for-money), although they stayed available for a lot longer. smile.png

Ah that could be it!

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,144 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Honestly, I just want to be able to play Warcry in space. I want those dedicated skirmish game statlines, streamlined abilities and the subfactions you don't necessarily see on the main battlefields.

Right now, KT looks like it's stuck at least an edition behind WH40k, or saddled with updating stats and weapons and points values faction by faction as the codexes appear. That's not very encouraging either way, really. I guess we'll have to see what's actually in this update, though.
  • Marshal Loss likes this

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts

Honestly, I just want to be able to play Warcry in space. I want those dedicated skirmish game statlines, streamlined abilities and the subfactions you don't necessarily see on the main battlefields.

Right now, KT looks like it's stuck at least an edition behind WH40k, or saddled with updating stats and weapons and points values faction by faction as the codexes appear. That's not very encouraging either way, really. I guess we'll have to see what's actually in this update, though.

FTW. WarCry in space would be amazing.
  • Sandlemad, Marshal Loss and Aramis K like this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 345 posts

FTW. WarCry in space would be amazing.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't Warcry a mixture of Necromunda with Kill Team. Awesome dedicated models, but also with the ability to bring mainline faction s into a skirmish game.

Either way, it would be sick to have Killteam go more into the Warcry route. I think thats what the Rogue Trader expansion was trying to do in a way, but I don't think that ended up being very popular compared to something like Blackstone Fortress. (Danm you GW for no Rogue Trade BSF crossover rules)
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Tonius

Tonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels & Deathwatch
I’m looking forward to this « new Kill team »:
skirmishes in 40k make for great games but none of GW attempts seduced me. I was really disappointed by KT and I am now a Deadzone fanatic (Mantic SciFi skirmish game).

I would love a great GW 40k skirmish ruleset !
Maybe I should try Necromunda, but I wouldn’t be able to field my beloved Termies ...

Edited by Tonius, 21 October 2020 - 02:26 PM.

" Better to die for a cause covered in blood than in your bed, covered in piss."
Alexandre Dumas

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts
Combat Patrol games of 500 points seem to be almost merging with high point Kill Team games with elites and commanders

Anecdotally/locally it seems like Kill Team lost popularity the bigger it got (points wise)

Warcry in space would be awesome. Would be a good gateway drug into 40k too

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,313 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Let's keep this discussion about the Pariah Nexus release for Kill Team. Any other discussion about the Kill Team game should be taken to the Kill Team sub-forum.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)