Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Animation Announcement: Dare CWE hope?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 652 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

So I feel like GW's media arm is likely to promote model development; that's good news for Blood Angels and Sisters players. But after spending a lot of time in today's preview looking at the Scorpions, it might be good for CWE as well.

If new plastic Scorpions come, it gives us 3 plastic Aspects- the same 3 that have KT rules (Dire Avengers, Banshees and Scorpions). If we get Scorpions, we're likely to get Karandras to go with them, though none of the other Phoenix Lords currently have KT rules. I just say it's likely because they chose to update JZ along with her Banshees, so it's kind of a pattern.

They also teased an Avatar, which would likely be the CWE supreme commander or LOW model.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,286 posts

You're reading into it way too much

• Marshal Loss, StraightSilver, Doctor Perils and 4 others like this

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 540 posts

On a quick first scroll through the article, I got excited for some plastic Striking Scorpions. That's my "now I'm collecting Eldar" condition, so I always dread/am excited for signs of it...

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,736 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I think you have how GW works incorrectly, Penitent One.

It'd be great to get new Craftworld models (I've been hoping for more Aspect Warrior releases in plastic for a long, long time), but I don't think animation is signaling new models. We don't even know if GW actually has interest in developing old aesthetic models any more - it seems to be mostly up to interest from the model artists.
  • WrathOfTheLion likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,809 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
This is exactly why the community at large often feels it's expectations aren't being met; because people cannot help but take unrelated points of information and speculate that they mean something. In a year's time somebody will be enraged because GW "promised" plastic Striking Scorpions.

It's a teaser trailer featuring some iconic Eldar units. That's it.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,169 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
For those that are wondering, this topic follows (I think), the animation showreel that appeared in this morning's preview, and which can also be found on (YouTube).
  • Dread likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 652 posts

I think you have how GW works incorrectly, Penitent One.

It'd be great to get new Craftworld models (I've been hoping for more Aspect Warrior releases in plastic for a long, long time), but I don't think animation is signaling new models. We don't even know if GW actually has interest in developing old aesthetic models any more - it seems to be mostly up to interest from the model artists.

You are most likely correct about the animation not being a signal; that probably is wishful thinking, and thanks are due to both you and Hal for reminding me to temper my expectations.

But there's ample evidence that GW has an interest in old aesthetic models, particularly for CWE Aspects; it is one year exactly since the release of JZ and Banshees, which were VERY MUCH in keeping with their previous aesthetic; we've seen Lelith and the SOB palatine previewed, both of which are retro and true to aesthetic, though Lelith is wearing pants. In fact, the entire SOB army, with the possible exception of Repentia are very true to the original Aesthetic, and they are less than a year out of the gate.

Really, the only new aesthetic we've seen in any faction is Marines due to Primaris. You could also argue Admech, I suppose.

• N1SB likes this

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

I've only got two questions- Granted I'm more interested in the shows themselves than what new models they might imply:

-When? We've been seeing trailers so long.

-Can anyone tell the guy making the Blood Angels series to render the damn thing in full colour? This black&white&red is every first year art student's idea of doing something really artsy, but in fact it's distracting and unnecessary.

For a poster or a music clip? Ok. For an entire TV series? Nope.

Dwango

Dwango

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
  • Faction: 30k dark angels
I for one would love to see a full rework of aspects and associated pheonix lords...........but I have been hoping for that for many years (as have others). Whether this is a prompt for that to happen, I doubt it but we can dream!
Link to my thread - http://www.bolterand...dwangos-thread/

gallery_48988_15094_1349.pnggallery_48988_15094_13707.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_7593.pnggallery_48988_15094_13896.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_16967.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_1138.pnggallery_48988_15094_1786.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

Past event badges
Spoiler

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 652 posts

I for one would love to see a full rework of aspects and associated pheonix lords...........but I have been hoping for that for many years (as have others). Whether this is a prompt for that to happen, I doubt it but we can dream!

It's been exactly a year since the last Aspect and Phoenix Lord got done, so while you've been waiting many years for ALL of them to be plastic, you've only been waiting one year since the last time progress toward the goal was made. That's one of the factors that gave me enough hope to post this thread in the first place.

Like maybe GW intends to do 1 Aspect and 1 Lord per edition. Even though it would be awesome if they did more than that, even I can't dare to dream for more. Although I will say this: while the Dire Avengers are already plastic, Asurmen is not. So if we did get more than one Lord and and one Aspect this time, Plastic Asurmen would take us to 3 Aspects with plastic Lords and Squads, and that would get us almost halfway to the goal.

The other thing is, they'd have to actually make Lords for the Warp Spiders and Shining Spears from scratch to really complete the picture. Shadow Spectres are complete as is- they'll NEVER become plastic because Forgeworld.

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,246 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
I used to ask the questions about the Phoenix lords myself. Now somewhere back in the fluff the spiders and spears were formed after the fall so no PL for them. Don't know where that was but something to do with forming these were off shoots as well as the Crimson hunters, they're shrines came after.
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users