Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Returning to the Fang

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Brainpsyk

Brainpsyk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

Trying to get back into the game, so this is my 1st list:  Any advice is welcome:

The List (999 points):

• Ragnar Blackmane    
  • WGBL on Thunderwolf   - Warlord
    • Power Sword  (The Burning Blade from C:SM)
    • Storm Shield
  • Grey Huntersx5    
    • 1xPower Fist
    • 4xChainswords
  • WG Pack Leader    
    • Power Fist
    • Storm Shield
  • Grey Huntersx5    
    • 1xPower Sword
    • 4xChainswords
  • WG Terminator Pack Leader    
    • Power Fist
    • Storm Bolter
  • 3xBladeguard Veterans    
  • 5xThunderwolf Cavalry    
    • 5xStorm Shields
    • 4xAstartes Chainswords
    • Power Fist
  • 3xEradicator Squad  

The WG Pack Leader and WG Terminator pack leader are interchangeable, I was thinking the GHs with the WGTPL sit on a backfield objective and plink away with bolters.  The terminator is to soak wounds and help with any reinforcements.  The 3 wounds and 2+/5++ or 2 wounds a 2+/4++ is really a toss-up.  The 9-14 bolter shots on a unit sitting in the back is what tipped me towards the Termie.

Everything else pushes up the board.   Ragnar+BG+GHs for his strong side, then TWC come in from outflank on his weak side.  The 2nd GH squad and the Eradicators are for sitting on 2nd & 3rd objectives.

I'm planning on outflanking the TWC + either the Eradicators or the WGBL.  If my opponent has fast-moving melee, I'll outflank the eradicators so my WGBL can HI and my eradicators can still shoot.  If it's a shooting army, I'll flank the WGBL to tie up his shooting.

Once I get some intercessors, I'll probably swap the backfield GHs for Intercessors with Bolt Rifles.

I don't know what WL Trait to give the WGBL.  I'm thinking 'Rites of War' to make the TWC ObSec, but I intend to use him as a vehicle killer so Beastslayer is really tempting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users