Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Assault marines and Vanguard vets, new codex
Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:00 PM
2) Eviserator. To sarge or not sarge? 5 man squad, jump packs, and eviserator is a buck ten- not bad for a Str 7 AP-4 high damage weapon with 10 effective wounds and fly. If not sarge, you can add more oomph with another weapon- but you lose an attack.
Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:35 PM
1) If points aren't listed, the item is free. Dual chainswords are definitely still on the menu.
2) If you're taking an eviscerator, give it to the sergeant, or give the sergeant a different weapon upgrade. The sergeant's extra attack is a 50% boost to whatever weapon he's carrying in the first round of combat, so you want him to have the best weapon in your squad to maximize it's effectiveness. Unless you're giving him a power fist or something, the eviscerator is best given to the best melee fighter in the squad, the sergeant.
- Black Blow Fly and Detjan like this
Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:16 PM
To some extent it depends on the composition of the rest of your army. You may have heavier weapons elsewhere and plan to use the assault squad as chaff clearers. Personally I like scatter my heavy weapons about a bit so I don't get stuck if my last surviving anti-tank unit it on the wrong side of the battlefield.
- Black Blow Fly likes this
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.
Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:06 AM
Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:34 AM
I think jump pack guys are better off on foot. Deep strike charging is never reliable due to the 9" distance. Where people do make it work it's generally by using a single large unit that they support with stratagems to make it charge further - for example the bloodletter bomb. A MSU approach will inevitably see multiple failed charges.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users