Inq28/Inquisimunda Support at the B&C

At it's core, Inq28 [and Inquisimunda] is just Inquisitor played at 28mm scale vice 54mm scale. If we see sufficient discussion about Inq28 here in Other Games, there might be a need for a separate sub-forum. As it is, I think that the vast majority of Inq28 "discussion" I've seen [here at the B&C] is focused on the models, mostly in The Forge.

I'm inclined to add Inq28 to the Other Games Resources Index if that helps promote the community here at the B&C (with links to 28 Magazine and Yaktribe for inspiration).

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see more Inq28 discussion here. For those that didn't know, Inq28 came up a lot during our special project development of rules for the Inquisition and Rogue Traders in Kill Team, especially the "unchained" versions of those rules (Inquisition/Rogue Traders). We deliberately toned things down quite a bit from what the Inquisitor game (and, by extension, Inq28) would allow in order to keep the rules reasonable from the perspective of the official rules and the other factions.

Thing with INQ28 is that there isnt a fixed set of rules for it. Some use modified Necromunda, Kill Team, or even Mordheim rules, other use the old Inquisitor rules. Now there are various projects of people creating their own rules, think of stuff like Planet28.

This is actually exactly why I would love to see an Inq28 sub-forum, because there is a lot to discuss, regarding modeling, lore, and different approaches to running sessions including what rules or adaptations of rule sets people use and how. Anyways, just a thought to clarify more what I was envisioning for a sub.

If we see sufficient sustained discussion of Inq28/Inquisimunda (using the Inq28 and Inquisimunda tags) there might be an impetus to create a dedicated sub-forum. Until that happens, though, the Other Games forum already exists to support these variants.

+EDIT+

Note that I split this line of discussion from the poll/discussion about support for GW's older games. Inq28/Inquisimunda are popular homegrown variants and support for them here at the B&C is fair, but they're not quite within the scope of that other discussion.

Edited by Brother Tyler

Would definitely like to see more Inq28/Inquisimunda stuff at the B+C!

For me, I've played inq28 and found it quite complex, with gameplay getting a little bogged down in rules checking? (That may have been more to do with my lack of experience though...)

I think Inquisimunda is a great compromise, the new Necromunda rules are simple but because of the 'extra' stats (Cool, Intelligence, etc) there is a way to include the psychological and role-playing aspects of inq28/54. We actually worked out a few rules for making freeform Inquisition warbands to play using the Necromunda Skirmish Games system, available for download in the Vault over on Yaktribe. https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/inquisimunda-unleashed.909/

• 4 months later...

I'm going to add entries for Inq28 to our Resources listing, including both a description (such as here) and links (such as here).

What I'm looking for at this point is a brief summary of the game (along the lines of what you see at the first link) as well as internal and external links. For example, 28 Magazine will be linked, as well as Yaktribe and external sites about Blanchitsu.