Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sunday Preview: Warcry Goes Underground

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts

MxWwgB25Ok8Lh4XW.jpg

WarCom Article.

House of Iron is finally on pre-order next weekend, alongside Crucible of Retribution, the Deathwing Companions and the new novels.
  • Cactus and Kierdale like this

mkbKIlr.png

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Finally get the Deathwing Companions, that was not a reasonable schedule at all.

Going to get the Luther novel I think, I am interested to see what happens with that. Been interested in that since it was announced.

• Kierdale likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 423 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
Still no Night Lords terminators. It’s a bit silly at this point because I’m pretty sure after this week all the dark angel stuff will have been released

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,681 posts
Man, I need prices for a lot of this stuff.
  • RikuEru likes this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,244 posts
AT book with no models, is a bit of a surprise but will be picking that up.

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,659 posts

Nice Orlock stuff! Gotta get those dice and cards before the scalpers

gallery_48988_15094_3577.pnggallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.pnggallery_48988_15094_7762.pnggallery_48988_15094_8206.pnggallery_48988_15094_7830.pnggallery_48988_15094_4892.png

'Show me one who mocks the Harlequins as Clowns, and I shall show you a corpse in the making'

- Autarch Antelyth Thyllian Of Craftworld Saim-Hann.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts
Those DA would make sweet Bladeguard Veterans

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,521 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

I'm very confused by Inferno Vol. 5 being listed for preorder, since I've got a copy sitting on my shelf right here.

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts

Warhammer horrors is a great series, it has so much pontential. Cannot wait to read this new one.

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

When on earth are they going to release the MP Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard? 

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,758 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I'm just here for The Reverie.

Might grab the new Titanicus splat whilst I'm at it though. The Orlock dice are almost identical to the ones I already have so I'll probably give those a miss - I think the tint is more brown as opposed to the silvery blue they had before.

Warhammer horrors is a great series, it has so much pontential. Cannot wait to read this new one.

I strongly recommend you grab Requiem Infernal in the mean time. It's a Warhammer Horror title in all but imprint and will very likely be connected to The Reverie in at least some references (as all of Fehervari’s stuff is).

AT book with no models, is a bit of a surprise but will be picking that up.

To be fair the turnaround time on this has been lightning quick after Defence of Ryza I think? 

Edited by Lord Marshal, 18 October 2020 - 06:39 PM.

• Alby the Slayer likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,528 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
I like how they're making the open engine war cards for AT with "you never have to play the same mission twice" . Like, do they even know that the matched play mission and tertiaries make for an experience where neither player is ever playing the same mission as each other and will be very hard to play again?

I didn't think that consistently random missions were lacking in AT, let alone a part of the game that needed to be doubled down on.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,249 posts
Finally the Deathwing companions :D

It’s going to be an expensive release week for me, deathwing companions, Luther book, AT book and orlock stuff!

Cactus

Cactus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,073 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I like how they're making the open engine war cards for AT with "you never have to play the same mission twice" . Like, do they even know that the matched play mission and tertiaries make for an experience where neither player is ever playing the same mission as each other and will be very hard to play again?

I didn't think that consistently random missions were lacking in AT, let alone a part of the game that needed to be doubled down on.

I don't play AT but the way I read the article it soundeds like a set of cards that replicate existing tables. Faster than flicking through books and rolling dice, but not new.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,040 posts

When on earth are they going to release the MP Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard? 

You've had multiple weeks of Marines stuff, on the back of an edition launch that also had a load of Marine stuff. Be patient. It's what every non-Marine player or fan of other GW game has to do.

• Firedrake Cordova, Marshal Loss, stretch_135 and 7 others like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,885 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Obviously we don't know until they tell us, but it looks increasingly likely that model releases will be accompanying the Codex supplements as they come out, so it might well be December or even early next year before all the revealed SM kits get released.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

Dont play or intend to collect DA.

But those Companions are so pretty that I might get a squad just for the eye-candy.

• Scribe likes this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,422 posts

You've had multiple weeks of Marines stuff, on the back of an edition launch that also had a load of Marine stuff. Be patient. It's what every non-Marine player or fan of other GW game has to do.

I think it's more at this point they're just dragging out the releases as much as possible.

Especially since one of the kits (Assault Intercessors) is an important one for a lot of Chapters.

• Mmmmm Napalm likes this

Kenzaburo

Kenzaburo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

I'm good with the Assault Ints I got. I was rather hoping for the dope Eradicator kit and maybe Heavy Ints, Speeders and the Gladiator. But yeah, seems like it's another one of the dragged out releases. Which is no surprise, given how much stuff from all the previews this year needs to be released overall.

• Redrandy93 likes this

Visit my painter profile on Instagram: https://www.instagra...gfused.painter/

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png gallery_48988_15465_5251.png gallery_48988_16045_16337.png

My Titanicus Plog  My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,233 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Oh its definitely a filler release, but the core AT matched play scenario has some glaring balance problems, it would be handy to have a simple alternative, especially with some random environmental effects for fun.

But yeah filler is kinda good, id guess they would release minis if they could be at least we are getting something, which shows SG still care :D 

Orlocks sooner than id suspected is good too :) 

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,528 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Oh its definitely a filler release, but the core AT matched play scenario has some glaring balance problems, it would be handy to have a simple alternative, especially with some random environmental effects for fun.

But yeah filler is kinda good, id guess they would release minis if they could be at least we are getting something, which shows SG still care :D

Orlocks sooner than id suspected is good too :)

Hey some harmless/easily ignored support that includes new legios is better than none. I just find it funny how they're trying to sell the mission cards.
  • Noserenda likes this

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

There's no need to be passive aggressive. Like Gederas said, my complaint is that they're dragging it out. I am simply expressing my irritation that they're waiting to release these two kits in particular. I'm sympathetic to the plight of non-marine players; I think that SM get too much attention, and I would be perfectly happy if Primaris never received another release wave. I also understand that this has happened with Xenos stuff, like the Banshees and Incubi. Ghazkgull should've received a standalone release months ago. 

Obviously we don't know until they tell us, but it looks increasingly likely that model releases will be accompanying the Codex supplements as they come out, so it might well be December or even early next year before all the revealed SM kits get released.

That would be somewhat frustrating. I understand steadily releasing kits, but holding them back just so they release alongside supplements (that not everyone will use) is a bit much.

• Gederas likes this

Borgias

Borgias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

They are dragging those SM releases so they don’t compete against each other. 

• Gederas, Antarius and Detjan like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

They are mostly focusing on Necrons right now, with some smaller kits for SM. Especially with Deathwatch and Space Wolves in November, that will likely be where we see many of the kits.

Most of what they've rolled out for SM is the 'pre-release' wave that has points in CA. My guess is there was to be a small teaser release for SM, then the two codices and the Necron release, then the SM release, but the first two were merged together due to timeline constraints.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 19 October 2020 - 12:10 AM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

Well... I now suspect that BA and SW wont be getting anything outside of some repackaging out of this (and likely the edition). Kinda severely let down but thems the breaks (before I get devoured, I am talking among SM releases, I know alot of other factions really need the space). 

Combine this with the fact that the DA got a later release and the fact that they cant possibly still be releasing vanilla Primaris by then, it looks like they will be the big winners from the odd chapters this edition I think.

Hmm... combine it with Luther, the HH timing and the Lion's fairly recent novel...

I sense the robed eunuchs (my favorite of their insetting nicknames) are going to get some really shiny toys soon. I dont think the Lion (because at this junction, I dont think another loyalist Primarch is coming back for at least five more years), but they are definitely getting something. 

EDIT: The brightest side for me in this is that a repackaged Ragnar would at least mean a 360 of him on GW, which works for me since I have been agonizing on him out of uncertainty.

Edited by StrangerOrders, 19 October 2020 - 12:50 AM.

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users