Blood Angels Successor Chapter Fluff

• 2 months later...

Ok...so to give me an excuse to put together small SoB and AdMech forces I thought about having my chapter seek guidance from Dante about taking the lead and coordinating the subsector's forces and creating a small citadel subsystem sort similar to how Baal and its system are becoming a system wide fortress.

Would that be too cheesy?

Ok...so to give me an excuse to put together small SoB and AdMech forces I thought about having my chapter seek guidance from Dante about taking the lead and coordinating the subsector's forces and creating a small citadel subsystem sort similar to how Baal and its system are becoming a system wide fortress.

Your Chapter Master should take the initiative, approach the AdMech Archmagos and Adepta Sororitas Canoness- and if necessary, humble himself before them- propose their factions pool resources to better defend the star system. That will make him seem active, and more heroic as a direct result.

Dante may be too busy to offer your Chapter Master guidance.

Your Chapter Master should take the initiative, approach the AdMech Archmagos and Adepta Sororitas Canoness- and if necessary, humble himself before them- propose their factions pool resources to better defend the star system. That will make him seem active, and more heroic as a direct result.

Dante may be too busy to offer your Chapter Master guidance.

i guess by guidance I was thinking more like blessing/protection/authority to do so, as some in the inquisition may see a chapter master doing so on his own as heresy or at the least pre-heresy, and that way any questions about authority and CoC would be quashed.

i guess by guidance I was thinking more like blessing/protection/authority to do so, as some in the inquisition may see a chapter master doing so on his own as heresy or at the least pre-heresy, and that way any questions about authority and CoC would be quashed.

Then the Inquisition will think Dante is attempting to rebuild the IX LEGION. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Then the Inquisition will think Dante is attempting to rebuild the IX LEGION. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
they can think that, but Dante is officially like the #3 dude in the imperium at this point lol they can't do :cuss about it without suffering girlyman' wrath lol

• 2 weeks later...

The chapter master's personal Stormraven is the opal petrel.

According to the Wikipedia article:

Historical superstitions

In the Middle Ages, opal was considered a stone that could provide great luck because it was believed to possess all the virtues of each gemstone whose color was represented in the color spectrum of the opal. It was also said to grant invisibility if wrapped in a fresh bay leaf and held in the hand... Following the publication of Sir Walter Scott's Anne of Geierstein in 1829... people began to associate opals with bad luck and death...

Even as recently as the beginning of the 20th century, it was believed that when a Russian saw an opal among other goods offered for sale, he or she should not buy anything more, as the opal was believed to embody the evil eye.

Which meaning does the Stormraven's name embody? The Lucky Petrel That Embodies All Virtues? The Invisible Petrel? The Unlucky Petrel That Embodies the Evil Eye?

The chapter master's personal Stormraven is the opal petrel.

According to the Wikipedia article:

Historical superstitions

In the Middle Ages, opal was considered a stone that could provide great luck because it was believed to possess all the virtues of each gemstone whose color was represented in the color spectrum of the opal. It was also said to grant invisibility if wrapped in a fresh bay leaf and held in the hand... Following the publication of Sir Walter Scott's Anne of Geierstein in 1829... people began to associate opals with bad luck and death...

Even as recently as the beginning of the 20th century, it was believed that when a Russian saw an opal among other goods offered for sale, he or she should not buy anything more, as the opal was believed to embody the evil eye.

Which meaning does the Stormraven's name embody? The Lucky Petrel That Embodies All Virtues? The Invisible Petrel? The Unlucky Petrel That Embodies the Evil Eye?
It could embody both the lucky and unlucky.

An omen of hope and luck to imperials, and an omen of death to xenos, traitors, and demons.

I plan on doing the chapter master in the same opal armor style as well.

It could embody both the lucky and unlucky.

An omen of hope and luck to imperials, and an omen of death to xenos, traitors, and demons.

This is a great opportunity to add to your Chapter's history. Say a Space Marine Chaplain once gifted an opal rosarius to an Astra Militarum general, in gratitude for the latter's help. The general later conquered a planet and became planetary governor, leaving the rosarius for his descendants; the planet's inhabitants come to view opals as symbols of good luck, as the opal rosarius made their governors invincible in battle. Centuries later, the general's descendant attempts to secede from the Imperium, and your Chapter is called to bring the rebellious planet back into compliance. The rosarius' conversion field generator fails when the rebellious governor faces your Marines in battle, resulting in his gruesome death; the planet's inhabitants come to view opals as symbols of bad luck, once the planet rejoins the Imperium.

• 6 months later...

Update.

I realized the bulkiness of gravis armor kinda resembles old school diving gear so my gravis heavy army is still kind of thematic, and I’ll be buying a box of aggressors, adding 2 to the 3 I currently have and using the last to kit bash a gravis captain (with a trident instead of a sword.)

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

Update.

I realized the bulkiness of gravis armor kinda resembles old school diving gear so my gravis heavy army is still kind of thematic, and I’ll be buying a box of aggressors, adding 2 to the 3 I currently have and using the last to kit bash a gravis captain (with a trident instead of a sword.)

Good idea. Maybe the trident can incorporate a boltgun, like Custodes guardian spears? Minigiant also explored this idea, for his H. P. Lovecraft-inspired Chapter.

Update.

Good idea. Maybe the trident can incorporate a boltgun, like Custodes guardian spears? Minigiant also explored this idea, for his H. P. Lovecraft-inspired Chapter.
naw no bolter on the trident, just a nice old school trident.

I’m excited about the thought of a 5 man aggressor squad and a new captain.

• 4 weeks later...