Barners McFarlane Primaris Intercessor

sbarnby71

Oh man! That head is awesome, however it does need to be a bit bigger. What scale is the head? 6” or 7”? I know the marines are 7” tall but they are actually 1:12 or 6” scale. The transhuman thing messes with the scale. Part of why I’m hesitant to get the sister of battle. I posted pics on one of the threads with these guys with a Star Wars black series figure. The scale was spot and the black series is 1:12 or 6”

That said. Quit teasing! It’s so amazing show us the damn thing painted already!!!

Oh man! That head is awesome, however it does need to be a bit bigger. What scale is the head? 6” or 7”? I know the marines are 7” tall but they are actually 1:12 or 6” scale. The transhuman thing messes with the scale. Part of why I’m hesitant to get the sister of battle. I posted pics on one of the threads with these guys with a Star Wars black series figure. The scale was spot and the black series is 1:12 or 6”

That said. Quit teasing! It’s so amazing show us the damn thing painted already!!!

Yeah the head was perfect in features, not in size.  Not sure what scale it is, just did a search on ebay for WWE Heads (this was the suggested size from others) and went for the one that looked like Sean Bean. :wink:  Size wise it's about 25mm from the top of the head to the chin.  Just checked in on another post from someone doing a Blood Angel conversion and he is using a 1/10 scale head, I think this is more like a 1/6.  Might have to do some more shopping.

Still have a few more bits to add to it before the painting starts, but it's coming!

Edited by sbarnby71

Can you find a Boromir action figure from the old LOTR movie era? That would be as Sean Bean as you can get!

It would be a great head, but I think it will be too small, 1:12.  I've looked into 1:6 scale heads and there are some amazing sculpts on EBay, but they will be too big - about 5cm from chin to the top of the head, the helmet that comes with the kit is just over 2.5cm.  I've seen folks discussing 1:10 scale to fit this, but annoyingly it's an odd size and I've only seen full figures for sale, not just the heads, so looking at spending £20-£30 just to get the head!

Added more detail to the thigh armour:

And then played around with the backpack, I had put some gothic spikes on initially, but thought they did not look Wolfy enough, so opted for a cast taken from the Venerable Dred' Shield:

I've also been re-working the left shoulder pad as I was not happy with some of the detail, that should be finished tomorrow.  Also I have applied some paint at last, the legs have their base coat and base of Fenrisian Grey applied and the Bolter has been primed and casing painted red.

I now have the left shoulder pad looking how I want...

I took a cast from a Dwarf axe to get a diamond and knot work:

Then by removing the Diamond I was able to create a rough row of knot work and then a final diamond at the end on the raised edge of the pad:

I added small wolf skull to the triangle at the top of the pad and diamond on the opposite edge, you can also see when I've added a wolf head to the left edge:

Also added the knot work to the ball bearings at the left and right edges:

Now with the diamond and triangle at the top and bottom of the pad, this closes down the area to fill with the Great Company symbol, which should mean I can get away with a Wolf Head cast from the FW Impulsor doors.

• 1 month later...

Before Christmas I started thinking about the pose for this and looking for different heads and stuff, well one of the bits I ordered from China arrived today, this moohassive axe:

It's made of pewter so is pretty heavy, I'm starting to think about ditching the bolt-rifle and going more feral, could add a shield in one hand or pose him with a double handed grip.

OMG this is so awesome, I saw the Macfarlane model and that got me back to the hobby after nearly 6 years away, think last time i played was 4th or 5th edition,

I ordered mine which is in pieces at the moment waiting on some bits but yours looks amazing,  The mold you have done really will make your model look amazing.  Mine is a bit more basic literally.

Cant wait to see your completed.