Idea for Necrons-only campaign

de Selby

I'm not gaming at the moment, but perhaps someone out there is part of a large gaming group or club with several Necron players. 

I really like the Vassal Kingdom rule on p54 of the new codex, in the way that it highlights the strict hierarchy of the Necrons.   I suggest setting up the following mini-campaign or tournament over a weekend:

1. Every Necron player chooses one of the six named dynasties or a vassal kingdom of such.   Ideally all different.   

2. Then pair up and play a series of games, either randomly or by the Swiss system.

3. After each game, the loser becomes a vassal kingdom of the winner's dynasty, if they weren't already. edit: this means any bits of the list that are dynasty-specific (special characters etc.) will have to be removed from the list in subsequent games if the dynasty changes.   Risky to include them in the first place!

4. Repeat until one dynasty has conquered all!   Truly this dynasty has proved its supremacy!!   The player who won the most games is declared Hand of the Phaeron.

5. Either keep playing as that dynasty thereafter (it's the best, after all...) or just go back to usual rules.   It's just a bit of fun.

If anyone ever tries this I'd love to hear the results.

Edited by de Selby