So I have recently acquired a bunch of Space Marine Heroes Series 1 figures, namely these:
So I thought to myself, this might be the start of something new - how about a small, manageable project to paint something different from my Blood Angels oldmarines and Imperial Fist primaris (which, to be honest, I just started painting). I started looking online for an interesting color scheme. Darren Latham's Silver Skulls with their red boltgun casings was my first choice, but then I decided I don't want to paint metallics.
I then found myself gravitating towards a chapter I once fancied as a candidate color scheme for my primaris: Mantis Warriors. I fired up impcat and put together a simulated test scheme using Vallejo paints and Army Painter washes; here is what I came up with:
Ok, that looks cool as hell to me, honestly. Then I remembered I once did a test model for Death Guard colors using nearly the same paint schene as above, and that quick experiment had turned out like this:
It's not a GW figure but bear with me - I am jut showing it as a proof of concept not as a display piece (though if it is still against the board rules I can remove it). Obviously I will have to be more subtle with layering and highlights, but I decided it would work out pretty well. I also decided to start a WIP thread for this project, so here we are.
Time to assemble a simple oldmarine with boltgun and some bling for a real test model.
Edited by appiah5, 21 October 2020 - 10:55 AM.