Novamarines - Supplement

WrathOfTheLion

Hello guys,

I'm looking at making a small standard Codex force at some point next year and thinking of doing some Novamarines.

How much of the Codex Supplement publication for Ultramarines is necessary for playing a successor chapter? I'm thinking of waiting for the next one to roll out instead of acquiring the current one. Do Codex marines need the supplement to play a successor, or can they use just the base Codex? Not certain what all the options are there.

Okay, I'll look at picking it up sometime then, not certain I want to go for the application yet.

What all contents in one of the Codex supplements are available or applicable to successor chapters? Do they have access to particular units like Victrix Guard, or are there any lore sections devoted to the second founding ones?

If you’re really wanting to do it then why wait? There’s no telling when the next supplement for Ultramarines will drop plus our FAQ is pretty tight imo. If you like infantry heavy armies you are going to have a good time.

Will have to wait a few months to finish some other projects, but yeah, will just grab it then. Still trying to find out how the supplements work for the more traditional Codex: Space Marines. For Unforgiven chapters, almost everything in the book is available to successors, so a bit of a change figuring out how much of the book is good for it.

A bit apprehensive with books right now, just worked past the block of how quick they're invalidated to keep moving forward with the plan for some Novamarines and some Lamenters as further 40k projects.

Got some infantry remaining that I can allocate to them as well. Should be fun to paint, really enjoying similar schemes like Angels of Redemption.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion