Possible changes in the new codex.

Gundric

Thanks for the share. Not that I ever summon, but it's nice to know that (as it's worded for now) summoning will remove the mono bonus, not the Detatchment bonus though.

Also think it is funny that only 1/3 of the lists even have troops. My first list I want to try out has 3 groups of 10 PM with some Daemon engine love. I'm excited to play. I like how they emphasize trying to get 8-12 per secondary instead of trying for that 15. Much more realistic.

It's possible that there could be vehicle + demon engine buffs for matched play in the upcoming campaign book for DG.

Be damn annoying if there was having to buy dlc to improve what should of already been in the codex to start with.

True, though it seems meaningful vechicle buffs are a noticeable absence in the base codex, so its what could be in the campaign book. I like that tank list, would love to run something like that for my IW's.

Summoning causing the loss of Contagions is unfluffy as hell. A 40K DG force without nurglings? Come on!

I get the idea of restricting soup and boosting pure DG marine armies, but summoning should not be affected. Hell, Nurgle daemons should get contagions too!

Summoning causing the loss of Contagions is unfluffy as hell. A 40K DG force without nurglings? Come on!

I get the idea of restricting soup and boosting pure DG marine armies, but summoning should not be affected. Hell, Nurgle daemons should get contagions too!

Yeah, I don't like it either, but it is a design choice in 9th edition and it was always going to be like this, so no surprise.

It's going to be like this across all armies, they are punishing soup all over with a heavy hand. The only soup left will be Ynnari probably. But indeed, I would love to run my scrivener, herald and 30 plaguebearers and 6 nurglings with my Death Guard, but contagions are too good to give up.

Gotta agree with both of you about the loss of daemons but do Nurgle daemons currently lose anything by adding a DG detachment(besides command points)? It does seem to discourage soup but as a Nurgle daemon player I’m still stoked to combine them.

Where do you see summoning hinders our stuff?

The goonhammer review says it. The contagions of nurgle says "if every unit from your army has the <death guard> keyword (excluding unaligned units), this unit gains the following ability:" I think it means nurgle daemons don't have the keyword so when you summon one you lose the contagion.

In goonhammer they said

"Something players definitely need to be aware of is that while I think there are opportunities to build soup armies that combine Death Guard and Chaos Daemons or other flavors of Heretic Astartes, is that, with the rules as they are currently written, summoning will break your army-wide bonus. While it doesn’t break your Detachment special rules, summoning a unit will turn off your Contagions of Nurgle powers. So think carefully before you sit down to draw that summoning circle and bring Epidemius onto the field."

Edited by Putrid Choir

A far, far better article than yesterday from Nick Nanavati

Some interesting perspectives in here, I quite like the idea of the LoC with Fugaris' helm + On Droning Wings + Living Plague.

Edited by Marshal Loss

Where do you see summoning hinders our stuff?

The goonhammer review says it. The contagions of nurgle says "if every unit from your army has the <death guard> keyword (excluding unaligned units), this unit gains the following ability:" I think it means nurgle daemons don't have the keyword so when you summon one you lose the contagion.

In goonhammer they said

"Something players definitely need to be aware of is that while I think there are opportunities to build soup armies that combine Death Guard and Chaos Daemons or other flavors of Heretic Astartes, is that, with the rules as they are currently written, summoning will break your army-wide bonus. While it doesn’t break your Detachment special rules, summoning a unit will turn off your Contagions of Nurgle powers. So think carefully before you sit down to draw that summoning circle and bring Epidemius onto the field."

In the current FAQ summoning doesn’t affect Legion Traits, so I assume we will see something along those lines.

Q: If I take a unit of Daemons in a Chaos Space Marines Detachment, do I lose my Legion Trait?

A: Yes. However, if you summon a unit of Daemons and add them to your army, doing so does not affect your Legion Trait.

Edited by McElMcNinja

I was going to rip arms off tonight to add the spewers, but after his video I’m going to stick with the reapers for a while.

I've been thinking I want both ! I guess you can save 10 points, but it seems to be worth it overall to me. I may regret it later on when I build lists and lack 10 points of course !

I’m one that like to come in and shoot something besides what I plan on charging, so I figure I will have extra range with the Reapers to do so. Then again I might just start 10 on the board and depending on the character support I bring, mix the unit.

I’m one that like to come in and shoot something besides what I plan on charging, so I figure I will have extra range with the Reapers to do so. Then again I might just start 10 on the board and depending on the character support I bring, mix the unit.

I understand that (but you know you can have two reapers and two spewers, right ? or 1 spewer and 1 reaper in a 5 man), personally I am probably going to play a few games trying to forward deploy them and just walk them. 5 inch move is low but not horribly so and if you throw in a blightbringer we are starting to get respectable movement.

I have a question regarding the rule for blighbringer. Do we know of his rule allow to add +1 to move AND +1 to advance adding an extra 2" when advancing or is it only +1 total?

It's +1" to move AND advance, only to core units and the elite characters. Does not help HQ. That's what I've read from two sources I believe.

I have a question regarding the rule for blighbringer. Do we know of his rule allow to add +1 to move AND +1 to advance adding an extra 2" when advancing or is it only +1 total?

It's +1" to move AND advance, only to core units and the elite characters. Does not help HQ. That's what I've read from two sources I believe.

I've had the dex since Wednesday.  It's +1 to a "move" OR "advance" because it only affects the unit's move characteristic. Choir is right about the "core" and "foetid virion" being the types effected.

"Each time a unit is selected to make a normal more or advance, until the end of the phase, add 1" to the move characteristic of models in that unit.

So it's not a "+1 to move characteristic and +1 to advance rolls" like say, Evil Sunz Orks are.

I've had the dex since Wednesday. It's +1 to a "move" OR "advance" because it only affects the unit's move characteristic. Choir is right about the "core" and "foetid virion" being the types effected.

"Each time a unit is selected to make a normal more or advance, until the end of the phase, add 1" to the move characteristic of models in that unit.

So it's not a "+1 to move characteristic and +1 to advance rolls" like say, Evil Sunz Orks are.

Ahhhh thanks for clarifying.