Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible changes in the new codex.

- - - - - speculation

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts

Been eagerly awaiting this article

Thanks for the share. Not that I ever summon, but it's nice to know that (as it's worded for now) summoning will remove the mono bonus, not the Detatchment bonus though.

Also think it is funny that only 1/3 of the lists even have troops. My first list I want to try out has 3 groups of 10 PM with some Daemon engine love. I'm excited to play. I like how they emphasize trying to get 8-12 per secondary instead of trying for that 15. Much more realistic.
  • Marshal Loss and Iron Sage like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,868 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

It's possible that there could be vehicle + demon engine buffs for matched play in the upcoming campaign book for DG.

Be damn annoying if there was having to buy dlc to improve what should of already been in the codex to start with.

True, though it seems meaningful vechicle buffs are a noticeable absence in the base codex, so its what could be in the campaign book. I like that tank list, would love to run something like that for my IW's.
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

lansalt

lansalt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts

Summoning causing the loss of Contagions is unfluffy as hell. A 40K DG force without nurglings? Come on!

I get the idea of restricting soup and boosting pure DG marine armies, but summoning should not be affected. Hell, Nurgle daemons should get contagions too!

"Infinite power cannot be overcome. We are finite, limited by law. So, deception. You will cheat them. You will cheat all of them. And us."

Iron Sage

Iron Sage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts

Summoning causing the loss of Contagions is unfluffy as hell. A 40K DG force without nurglings? Come on!

I get the idea of restricting soup and boosting pure DG marine armies, but summoning should not be affected. Hell, Nurgle daemons should get contagions too!

Yeah, I don't like it either, but it is a design choice in 9th edition and it was always going to be like this, so no surprise.

It's going to be like this across all armies, they are punishing soup all over with a heavy hand. The only soup left will be Ynnari probably. But indeed, I would love to run my scrivener, herald and 30 plaguebearers and 6 nurglings with my Death Guard, but contagions are too good to give up.

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
Gotta agree with both of you about the loss of daemons but do Nurgle daemons currently lose anything by adding a DG detachment(besides command points)? It does seem to discourage soup but as a Nurgle daemon player I’m still stoked to combine them.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Where do you see summoning hinders our stuff?

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts

The goonhammer review says it. The contagions of nurgle says "if every unit from your army has the <death guard> keyword (excluding unaligned units), this unit gains the following ability:" I think it means nurgle daemons don't have the keyword so when you summon one you lose the contagion.

In goonhammer they said

"Something players definitely need to be aware of is that while I think there are opportunities to build soup armies that combine Death Guard and Chaos Daemons or other flavors of Heretic Astartes, is that, with the rules as they are currently written, summoning will break your army-wide bonus. While it doesn’t break your Detachment special rules, summoning a unit will turn off your Contagions of Nurgle powers. So think carefully before you sit down to draw that summoning circle and bring Epidemius onto the field."

Edited by Putrid Choir, 22 January 2021 - 09:36 AM.

• Iron Sage likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,294 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

A far, far better article than yesterday from Nick Nanavati

Some interesting perspectives in here, I quite like the idea of the LoC with Fugaris' helm + On Droning Wings + Living Plague.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 22 January 2021 - 12:57 PM.

• Iron Sage and Putrid Choir like this

bRxSYDV.png

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,131 posts
I think I may of missed it but what do the chimes for deathshroud do as well as the orb thing on the lord of Contagion
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

The goonhammer review says it. The contagions of nurgle says "if every unit from your army has the <death guard> keyword (excluding unaligned units), this unit gains the following ability:" I think it means nurgle daemons don't have the keyword so when you summon one you lose the contagion.

In goonhammer they said

"Something players definitely need to be aware of is that while I think there are opportunities to build soup armies that combine Death Guard and Chaos Daemons or other flavors of Heretic Astartes, is that, with the rules as they are currently written, summoning will break your army-wide bonus. While it doesn’t break your Detachment special rules, summoning a unit will turn off your Contagions of Nurgle powers. So think carefully before you sit down to draw that summoning circle and bring Epidemius onto the field."
In the current FAQ summoning doesn’t affect Legion Traits, so I assume we will see something along those lines.
Q: If I take a unit of Daemons in a Chaos Space Marines Detachment, do I lose my Legion Trait?
A: Yes. However, if you summon a unit of Daemons and add them to your army, doing so does not affect your Legion Trait.

Edited by McElMcNinja, 22 January 2021 - 06:22 PM.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,294 posts

Are people considering putting the Plaguespewer on their deep-striking Blightlords?

Also:

Edited by Marshal Loss, 22 January 2021 - 06:32 PM.

bRxSYDV.png

Iron Sage

Iron Sage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts

Are people considering putting the Plaguespewer on their deep-striking Blightlords?

Also:

I am. I ripped off two weapon arms with a tong yesterday. So my squad is now 2 flails, 2 reaper, 2 plaguespewers for 430 points which seems like the best load out on a 10 man squad to me ! :)

• Marshal Loss likes this

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts
I was going to rip arms off tonight to add the spewers, but after his video I’m going to stick with the reapers for a while.
  • Marshal Loss likes this

Iron Sage

Iron Sage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts

I was going to rip arms off tonight to add the spewers, but after his video I’m going to stick with the reapers for a while.

I've been thinking I want both ! I guess you can save 10 points, but it seems to be worth it overall to me. I may regret it later on when I build lists and lack 10 points of course !

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts
I’m one that like to come in and shoot something besides what I plan on charging, so I figure I will have extra range with the Reapers to do so. Then again I might just start 10 on the board and depending on the character support I bring, mix the unit.

Iron Sage

Iron Sage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts

I’m one that like to come in and shoot something besides what I plan on charging, so I figure I will have extra range with the Reapers to do so. Then again I might just start 10 on the board and depending on the character support I bring, mix the unit.

I understand that (but you know you can have two reapers and two spewers, right ? or 1 spewer and 1 reaper in a 5 man), personally I am probably going to play a few games trying to forward deploy them and just walk them. 5 inch move is low but not horribly so and if you throw in a blightbringer we are starting to get respectable movement.

angrom

angrom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
I have a question regarding the rule for blighbringer. Do we know of his rule allow to add +1 to move AND +1 to advance adding an extra 2" when advancing or is it only +1 total?

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts

I have a question regarding the rule for blighbringer. Do we know of his rule allow to add +1 to move AND +1 to advance adding an extra 2" when advancing or is it only +1 total?

It's +1" to move AND advance, only to core units and the elite characters. Does not help HQ. That's what I've read from two sources I believe.

Dark Legionnare

Dark Legionnare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

It's +1" to move AND advance, only to core units and the elite characters. Does not help HQ. That's what I've read from two sources I believe.

I've had the dex since Wednesday.  It's +1 to a "move" OR "advance" because it only affects the unit's move characteristic. Choir is right about the "core" and "foetid virion" being the types effected.

"Each time a unit is selected to make a normal more or advance, until the end of the phase, add 1" to the move characteristic of models in that unit.

So it's not a "+1 to move characteristic and +1 to advance rolls" like say, Evil Sunz Orks are.

• Marshal Loss and Iron Sage like this

9th Ed. "Star Phantoms" (SM, Primaris Units Only) - Record: W|1 D|0 L|0

9th Ed. "The Inexorable Demise" (DG) - Record: W|4 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "The Dark Legion" (DKoK) - Record: W|1 D|0 L|0

9th Ed. "Adeptus Custodes" - Record: W|1 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "Orkz" (Warboss Metul-'ead's Waaagh!) - Record: W|2 D|0 L|0

9th Ed. "Vlka Fenryka" (SM) - Record: W|2 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "Crimson Fists" (SM, First-born Only) - Record: W|1 D|0 L|0

9th Ed. "Farsight Forward Scouting Force" (Farsight Enclaves, Tau) - Record: W|1 D|1 L|0

9th Ed. "Luna Wolves" - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0 (WIP, force mustering)  

30k.     "Luna Wolves" - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0 (WIP, force mustering)

Iron Sage

Iron Sage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts

I think I may of missed it but what do the chimes for deathshroud do as well as the orb thing on the lord of Contagion

Didn't notice this question before now. They add 3 to contagion range. The orb is 3D3 grenade with Ap-1 and 2 Dam

• Plaguecaster likes this

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts

I've had the dex since Wednesday. It's +1 to a "move" OR "advance" because it only affects the unit's move characteristic. Choir is right about the "core" and "foetid virion" being the types effected.

"Each time a unit is selected to make a normal more or advance, until the end of the phase, add 1" to the move characteristic of models in that unit.

So it's not a "+1 to move characteristic and +1 to advance rolls" like say, Evil Sunz Orks are.

Ahhhh thanks for clarifying.

Wolf Lord Loki

Wolf Lord Loki

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 924 posts
Hey guys. Anyone know where the stats for blight grenades are to be found?
Battle Tracker for my White Scars (Swindon 2008): Games this year 5 - Wins 2, Losses 2, Draws 1

Opponents:
Grey Knights 0/ 1/ 0 Imperial Guard 1/ 0/ 0
Eldar - 0/ 1/ 0 Crimson Fists 0/ 0/ 1
Tau 1/ 0/ 0

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,294 posts

Hey guys. Anyone know where the stats for blight grenades are to be found?

Look at the weapon profiles section of the codex, it's towards the back of the book

bRxSYDV.png

Crix

Crix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts
Has anybody had their preorders ship?

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts

Has anybody had their preorders ship?

I pre-ordered the codex, cards, lord and terrain from a 15% off retailer in the U.S. from Florida and got it yesterday in Michigan. Might be a few days behind some people but I'm sure I paid less. Did you order from GW directly or?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speculation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users