Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible changes in the new codex.

- - - - - speculation

• Please log in to reply
526 replies to this topic

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 764 posts

Can charge after advancing or falling back, and can advance and shoot assault no penalty. That would help drones, melee plague marines, terminators, Daemon Princes and more. Morty would love it.

That's a cool idea and I can see some synergies with units that haven't gotten played too much - for example, it would make noxious blightbringer (bell guy with the advance rules) very good since he gives your infantry a boost to their advance rolls. Cool idea

That is the current white white scars chapter trait. It was an example, can't take credit for creating it haha. It just needs to be similar in scope and power to loyalist ones.

Kervin40k

Kervin40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

This not is not the possible category but in the change for the codex one, new terrain.  GW previewed the new terrain piece today, and it is interesting.  But the question is what would be kept back to benefit from it as things play really aggressively now.  Also don't have the model could a PBC fit wholly within 6" of it?

UVknJDFZCHWTDt5Z.jpg

https://www.warhamme...thguard11112020

• Putrid Choir likes this

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,132 posts

The terrain makes me wonder, will MBH keep the cover aura if this also gives it out? My thought is that it wouldn't but I could be wrong.

MBHs are built to be a unit to move up with infantry which is slow but their statline is way better at being aggressive and holder the midboard early. Something benefitting an aggressive playstyle would be really cool IMO

Wolf Lord Loki

Wolf Lord Loki

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts

The terrain makes me wonder, will MBH keep the cover aura if this also gives it out? My thought is that it wouldn't but I could be wrong.
MBHs are built to be a unit to move up with infantry which is slow but their statline is way better at being aggressive and holder the midboard early. Something benefitting an aggressive playstyle would be really cool IMO

Unless they also produce that same buff. S thematically creating a rolling fog of plague and death. This covers your deployment, the Fart Karts carry it to the enemy.

I hope the Karts get this rule to cos imperial fists (my main opponent) ignores their cover save. At least if I AM in cover then I get the minus 1 to hit
Battle Tracker for my White Scars (Swindon 2008): Games this year 5 - Wins 2, Losses 2, Draws 1

Opponents:
Grey Knights 0/ 1/ 0 Imperial Guard 1/ 0/ 0
Eldar - 0/ 1/ 0 Crimson Fists 0/ 0/ 1
Tau 1/ 0/ 0

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts

This not is not the possible category but in the change for the codex one, new terrain.  GW previewed the new terrain piece today, and it is interesting.  But the question is what would be kept back to benefit from it as things play really aggressively now.  Also don't have the model could a PBC fit wholly within 6" of it?

Wouldn't matter, given PBC is not INFANTRY as specified in the rule.

#ConvertEverything!

30k / 40k / Epic: Truescale Death Guard / Mechanicum project http://www.bolterand...s-with-the-xiv/

AT: Legio Favilla walks, Ashen Gods unleashed http://www.bolterand...gods-unleashed/

gallery_48988_16045_17820.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_8658.png

jgascoine011

jgascoine011

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 323 posts

Unless they also produce that same buff. S thematically creating a rolling fog of plague and death. This covers your deployment, the Fart Karts carry it to the enemy.

I hope the Karts get this rule to cos imperial fists (my main opponent) ignores their cover save. At least if I AM in cover then I get the minus 1 to hit

I dont think you get the -1

The rules state if you were recieveing the benefit of light cover and IF remove your benefit from light cover

• TrawlingCleaner likes this

Zombs

Zombs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts

There are a lot of missing infos yet to come, but as right now I think it's pretty bad. Maybe if it can deepstrike and it's cheap I can see use for it. We'll see.

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
As is, I'm not seeing much use for it if I am honest. We shall have to wait and see what the rules are like when the codex comes out. As of now...it's not on my to purchase list

Edited by happyslugger, 11 November 2020 - 07:16 PM.

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Kervin40k

Kervin40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Wouldn't matter, given PBC is not INFANTRY as specified in the rule.

I missed that part, so yeah it is looking like par-for-the-course when it comes to the new terrain kits.

Plague _Lord

Plague _Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts
  • Faction: CSM
Depending on the cost and rules of the rest of the army but this terrain piece could make a 5 man terminator squad virtually immpossible to move off an objective.

I'm guessing it deals a mortal wound to every unit within 7'' on a roll of 4+ so meh. If it's something like d3 mortals tgen it would be a great defensive piece.

Armies:

40k: Deathguard, Steel Legion, Word Bearers, Space wolves, Necrons

WFB: Night goblins, Empire, Dark Elves

Kaltz

Kaltz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Ok, don't all shout at once, but I assume that the new Codex will render the 'War Of The Spider' obsolete?

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,008 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Ok, don't all shout at once, but I assume that the new Codex will render the 'War Of The Spider' obsolete?

Yep.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Kaltz

Kaltz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Figured it would be but thanks for confirming.

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,563 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Not interested in the terrain at all unless they are holding back loads of good rules for it. 

40kDGBanner

aberrant_unc

aberrant_unc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
Now is the time to sell your war of the spider, there are bile players, custodes, sisters who may want it. And DG players waiting for a cheap copy.

Kaltz

Kaltz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Tbh i've been away from the hobby for about 10 years and got given the books. Was going to do a 1500pt list based on the Ferrymen but have put everything on hold until the new Codex comes out, like a previous post said i'm sure there will be some twists and turns still to come.

Gundric

Gundric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Faction: White Scars, Death Guard.

Does anyone think they will port duty eternal over to all chaotic hellbrutes? Or will we get DR on ours instead?

jgascoine011

jgascoine011

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 323 posts

I think we will get duty eternal with the option to pay CP to get it DR, thats if DR stays the same (which i think it will).

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,078 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
What's duty eternal again
Haven't seen any of the loyalist rules
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Gundric

Gundric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Faction: White Scars, Death Guard.

What's duty eternal again
Haven't seen any of the loyalist rules

It's -1 damage taken per attack allocated, to a minimum of one. Pretty sweet.

• Plaguecaster likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I saw a screenshot that looked like it could be from the new codex on Facebook.

Appears Disgusting Resilience could be going to a 6+

Edited by Ishagu, 17 November 2020 - 01:05 AM.

-~Ishagu~-

Kervin40k

Kervin40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

I saw a screenshot that looked like it could be from the new codex on Facebook.

Appears Disgusting Resilience could be going to a 6+

I have seen the image pop up on more than once FB DG group and the majority  say that it is fake.  Also if you read it, it says "Deamons of Nurgle" and nothing of DG. 

P.S. at the end of the text it also says "made ya look lol"

Edited by Kervin40k, 17 November 2020 - 04:15 AM.

• Marshal Loss, Ishagu, TrawlingCleaner and 1 other like this

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 764 posts
I'm so over speculating and just want the book already haha.
  • Marshal Loss, Kervin40k and MegaVolt87 like this

jgascoine011

jgascoine011

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 323 posts

Did any deathguard stuff get previewed in the Decadance and DECAY preview today?

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,083 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus

Did any deathguard stuff get previewed in the Decadance and DECAY preview today?

https://www.warhamme...ecadence-decay/

No models, nothing of the Codex, just an announcement that the new Warzone Charadon campaign book would have 'new rules' for 4 factions including Death Guard.

Which hopefully means narrative rules specifically for the Charadon setting, and doesn't mean that after buying the new Codex next month, you got to buy another book to get all the rules for the army. Hopefully.

...but, we're talking GW here, so who knows - I'm hoping for good news in that regard, but bracing for bad...

Edited by firestorm40k, 21 November 2020 - 10:28 PM.

My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speculation

8 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Castle Wolfenstein, Sarges, RolandTHTG, Raktra, Atrus