Possible changes in the new codex.

Gundric

Can charge after advancing or falling back, and can advance and shoot assault no penalty. That would help drones, melee plague marines, terminators, Daemon Princes and more. Morty would love it.

That's a cool idea and I can see some synergies with units that haven't gotten played too much - for example, it would make noxious blightbringer (bell guy with the advance rules) very good since he gives your infantry a boost to their advance rolls. Cool idea

That is the current white white scars chapter trait. It was an example, can't take credit for creating it haha. It just needs to be similar in scope and power to loyalist ones.

This not is not the possible category but in the change for the codex one, new terrain.  GW previewed the new terrain piece today, and it is interesting.  But the question is what would be kept back to benefit from it as things play really aggressively now.  Also don't have the model could a PBC fit wholly within 6" of it?

UVknJDFZCHWTDt5Z.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/11/new-death-guard-terrain-sighted/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=40K&utm_content=40kdeathguard11112020

The terrain makes me wonder, will MBH keep the cover aura if this also gives it out? My thought is that it wouldn't but I could be wrong.

MBHs are built to be a unit to move up with infantry which is slow but their statline is way better at being aggressive and holder the midboard early. Something benefitting an aggressive playstyle would be really cool IMO

The terrain makes me wonder, will MBH keep the cover aura if this also gives it out? My thought is that it wouldn't but I could be wrong.

MBHs are built to be a unit to move up with infantry which is slow but their statline is way better at being aggressive and holder the midboard early. Something benefitting an aggressive playstyle would be really cool IMO

Unless they also produce that same buff. S thematically creating a rolling fog of plague and death. This covers your deployment, the Fart Karts carry it to the enemy.

I hope the Karts get this rule to cos imperial fists (my main opponent) ignores their cover save. At least if I AM in cover then I get the minus 1 to hit

This not is not the possible category but in the change for the codex one, new terrain.  GW previewed the new terrain piece today, and it is interesting.  But the question is what would be kept back to benefit from it as things play really aggressively now.  Also don't have the model could a PBC fit wholly within 6" of it?

Wouldn't matter, given PBC is not INFANTRY as specified in the rule.

Unless they also produce that same buff. S thematically creating a rolling fog of plague and death. This covers your deployment, the Fart Karts carry it to the enemy.

I hope the Karts get this rule to cos imperial fists (my main opponent) ignores their cover save. At least if I AM in cover then I get the minus 1 to hit

I dont think you get the -1

The rules state if you were recieveing the benefit of light cover and IF remove your benefit from light cover

Wouldn't matter, given PBC is not INFANTRY as specified in the rule.

I missed that part, so yeah it is looking like par-for-the-course when it comes to the new terrain kits.

Depending on the cost and rules of the rest of the army but this terrain piece could make a 5 man terminator squad virtually immpossible to move off an objective.

I'm guessing it deals a mortal wound to every unit within 7'' on a roll of 4+ so meh. If it's something like d3 mortals tgen it would be a great defensive piece.

Tbh i've been away from the hobby for about 10 years and got given the books. Was going to do a 1500pt list based on the Ferrymen but have put everything on hold until the new Codex comes out, like a previous post said i'm sure there will be some twists and turns still to come.

I saw a screenshot that looked like it could be from the new codex on Facebook.

Appears Disgusting Resilience could be going to a 6+

I have seen the image pop up on more than once FB DG group and the majority  say that it is fake.  Also if you read it, it says "Deamons of Nurgle" and nothing of DG. 

P.S. at the end of the text it also says "made ya look lol"

Edited by Kervin40k

Did any deathguard stuff get previewed in the Decadance and DECAY preview today?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/21/warhammer-preview-online-decadence-decay/

No models, nothing of the Codex, just an announcement that the new Warzone Charadon campaign book would have 'new rules' for 4 factions including Death Guard.

Which hopefully means narrative rules specifically for the Charadon setting, and doesn't mean that after buying the new Codex next month, you got to buy another book to get all the rules for the army. Hopefully.

...but, we're talking GW here, so who knows - I'm hoping for good news in that regard, but bracing for bad...

Edited by firestorm40k