Possible changes in the new codex.

Gundric

I hate this change to our terminator armour. It's not like blightlords were invincible or anything. Their main strength was toughness (if no to for flails their damage output would be meagre) and now I see they are taking that away. There are a lot more DMG 3 weapons in the game now and I'm betting we are just goin to see more.

What I do like is the change to the MBH - I used them solo anyway so if they lose trilobed but gain a native 3+ bs I will be a happy camper indeed!

I hate this change to our terminator armour. It's not like blightlords were invincible or anything. Their main strength was toughness (if no to for flails their damage output would be meagre) and now I see they are taking that away. There are a lot more DMG 3 weapons in the game now and I'm betting we are just goin to see more.

What I do like is the change to the MBH - I used them solo anyway so if they lose trilobed but gain a native 3+ bs I will be a happy camper indeed!

If Deathshroud and blightlords go to 5++, I'm fine with it if it is reflected in the point cost, because they were over costed for most of last edition. It's too early to doom and gloom, our new legion trait could be strong and the old 4++ would have been too much. Typhus will stay at 4++, like every other chaos lord minus Lucius.

Daemon engines going to 3+ is very nice, considering most vehicles lose the core keyword.

Yeah as usual I agree with PC. In isolation, this sounds like a horrible change, and one I'm less than thrilled with (to put it mildly). But the switch from 8th to 9th is turning out to be rather tumultuous in terms of its impact, broadly speaking; other abilities may well make up for the nerf, and ultimately at the end of the day points decide whether a unit is going to be useful or not. We've gotta sit tight and hope for the best.

In principle though, I am very unhappy that they have removed what made Cataphractii unique.

All we know is that Typhus has a 5" move, with the amount of mistakes the space marine and Necron lot had it wouldn't surprise me that his move has not changed.

The relic terminators changed because they combined the two types, I don't see why ours would change as they're (supposedly) only Cataphracti

Until we've seen te actual codex entries I'll be taking everything with a healthy dose of salt

All we know is that Typhus has a 5" move, with the amount of mistakes the space marine and Necron lot had it wouldn't surprise me that his move has not changed.

The relic terminators changed because they combined the two types, I don't see why ours would change as they're (supposedly) only Cataphracti

Until we've seen te actual codex entries I'll be taking everything with a healthy dose of salt

The actual number of errors in the SM & Necron boxsheets tend to be wildly overblown. By and large they were overwhelmingly accurate and from memory none of the statlines were wrong, only a few of the weapon profiles.

Our new Lord of Virulence is in Indomitus (edit: just checked, definitely Indomitus), so we're no longer just "the Cataphractii Legion", which may well be reflective of our Cataphractii being changed to be in line with the SM book. Expecting suits of armour to do different things in different books is like expecting a vanilla CSM boltgun to be different from a vanilla SM boltgun; possible, but very unlikely.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on the change to a 5++/+1M/no halving advance, but we'll just have to wait and see for now

Edited by Marshal Loss

The actual number of errors in the SM & Necron boxsheets tend to be wildly overblown. By and large they were overwhelmingly accurate and from memory none of the statlines were wrong, only a few of the weapon profiles.

Our new Lord of Virulence is in Indomitus (edit: just checked, definitely Indomitus), so we're no longer just "the Cataphractii Legion", which may well be reflective of our Cataphractii being changed to be in line with the SM book. Expecting suits of armour to do different things in different books is like expecting a vanilla CSM boltgun to be different from a vanilla SM boltgun; possible, but very unlikely.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on the change to a 5++/+1M/no halving advance, but we'll just have to wait and see for now

Errors are errors IMO, it's easy enough to make a mistake in these boxes. For me I won't get too excited until we've seen the codex. Hype is the mind killer after all(even though I'm incredibly hyped for the codex).

He's definitely in Indomitus and the Blightlord kit is majority mixed marks, I'd much rather they had a rule called "Armoured bulk" or something similar instead of a Cataphracti rule but still did the same thing.

I imagine we'll get a preview a week before it goes on pre-order as they've done with all others and are doing with BA atm

The Blightlords are all Cataphractii, some have a single Indomitus shoulder but every leg/torso/arm etc is all undoubtedly Cata. Doesn't meet the criteria for mixed pattern (if we go by the lore in HH's black books). The bulk rule you describe would be really cool though & makes sense.

But yeah, that's fair. Either way, the datasheets from the boxes don't tell us any of the things we really want to know :P (what's happening to DR, Terminator saves, etc). Just have to hope that GW announce this Sunday we're getting a December 5 preorder

SaNAnkm.png

+1 WS & BS, +1 Attack, -1 Wound (no degrading stats)

Weapon changes
Fleshmower -1S (no idea on bonus attacks due to simplified sheet)
Heavy Blight Launcher +1AP, 2D instead of D3
Plaguespitter gets 12" range and fixed S6

Probe (its default melee weapon) lowered from D3 damage to 1D

Edited by Marshal Loss

Interesting, depending on point cost, we will see how it turns out. Still happy there is some incentive on taking anything other than spitters now.

Mmm, spitters needs help and has needed help for quite some time I would argue. I run two spitters, or have tried to run two several times and they simply don't do enough for the points. 3 more range while helpful, is still not enough since it is not dangerous enough for current point cost compared to other drone variants (little use having a distraction carnifex if it is not dangerous enough for the opponent to bother with targeting).

To be frank, I do not expect to be running my two spitter drones this edition. Not unless they have some new bonus rule or a significantly lower points cost (155 is obscene when you compare it to the tresher and blight luncher, both of which do a lot, lot more for the points) compared to the other variants. I agree that the spitters were good in 8th though.

But in 9th they need either a big points help or some new rule. I don't think they will get either personally. Currently it is tanky, but not killy enough for the points to force opponents into shooting at it it as it stands, and +1 WS and +1 attack will do little for the spitter variant, as the unit will lose most CCs badly without the tresher anyway.

Would possibly make 2 of them viable if arch contaminator is still a thing. They would actually (just) be able to kill a rhino now....amazing

It'll only be the new hq that will affect them now not arch contaminator since they won't have the core keyword

So it all comes down to what actual aura he will have

Would possibly make 2 of them viable if arch contaminator is still a thing. They would actually (just) be able to kill a rhino now....amazing

It'll only be the new hq that will affect them now not arch contaminator since they won't have the core keyword

So it all comes down to what actual aura he will have

Well it all comes down to if arch contaminator uses the core keyword too. It might not still.

This weekend the preorders for the BA codex and all the Christmas boxes go up, DG might go up for preorder next weekend (they would tell us on this Sunday if that were the case)

They said it'll go up for preorder in December, they're likely to get some of the other game systems preorders up next weekend then DG the weekend after.

This weekend the preorders for the BA codex and all the Christmas boxes go up, DG might go up for preorder next weekend (they would tell us on this Sunday if that were the case)

They said it'll go up for preorder in December, they're likely to get some of the other game systems preorders up next weekend then DG the weekend after.

There are two articles that a have gone up on WarCom today about Warhammer Underworlds, one explicitly states that that will be up for pre-order in December; given the focus they're giving that game now, I expect that'll be the preorder announced this Sunday evening (29th, preorder 5th December).

Based on that, the Death Guard 'dex should be up for preorder 12th (all being well). This makes sense to me, as I can see how GW would want to alternate releases for systems, seeing as BA are this weekend.