BattleScribe Update?

Dracos

This has already been brought up in the Amicus Aedes forum (despite the OT comments about the official app and what-not).

Also relevant is my reply to a July question in the same vein (though directed at 9th edition as a whole):

Have you asked the people that develop the files? I've found BSData, but there might be others. Those are the people that have the definitive answers - all we can do here is speculate (unless one of us is one of them). If I understand the way Battlescribe works, there probably isn't a single answer. Each file/faction will be finished when the developers finish them, so we'll see them ready for 9th edition at different times.

My understanding from Battlescribe minions volunteers is that various files are at different stages, with some still in progress and others at/past the QA stage. I'm an outsider, though, so I recommend checking the BSData site linked above.

Thanks yeah I assumed as much but my codex is back ordered and I’m eager to get it in my grubby paws. 9e looks to have some really fun stuff despite feeling Raven Guard arent as powerful they are just as fun.

I maintain the SM catalog for Battlescribe and part of the reason it has taken so long is that it has really been a complete overhaul of the codex. Many things were changed and how GW is doing the points on a unit per unit basis means that I had to verify and change them all for each entry in the codex! So it has been a long process for me and those that maintain BA, DA, DW and SW. However! We are in the final stages of it, doing QA and bug fixes before our initial release. We really appreciate your patience and we will have it out to you as soon as we are able!

Thanks!

Brother Acebaur you do the Emperors work.

Is the interaction between the data tables as horrific as I imagine? Coding and highly structured numbers in general are magic to me.

Amazing!! Thanks for those who have participated in the process! In support I bought the supporter version :)

Notes on Marines:

- The Plasma Inceptors seem to be overcosted on Battlescribe. They are costing me 50pts/model (10pts/model to upgrade from bolters). Aren't the upgrade only 5pts/model in the new codex?

Amazing!! Thanks for those who have participated in the process! In support I bought the supporter version :smile.:

Notes on Marines:

- The Plasma Inceptors seem to be overcosted on Battlescribe. They are costing me 50pts/model (10pts/model to upgrade from bolters). Aren't the upgrade only 5pts/model in the new codex?

The upgrade is two plasma exterminators, which cost 5 points each, for a total of 10 more points.

Only flaw I've spotted so far is command squad units (Company Vets, Apothecary, etc) still taking up Elite slots even when they shouldn't.

The only thing I’ve seen is that you’re not allowed to take a 3 man Eradicator squad with a multi melta as it looks like it’s telling you you’ve got to have at least 2 regular men with the sergeant.

Only flaw I've spotted so far is command squad units (Company Vets, Apothecary, etc) still taking up Elite slots even when they shouldn't.

That's not wrong - you can choose, in the "No Force Org Slot" section, units that qualify.

I can confirm that in the lists I've been making - with a Company Veterans squad, I can slap in the Company Command characters there outside of Elites.

Edited by Kallas

That's not wrong - you can choose, in the "No Force Org Slot" section, units that qualify.

I can confirm that in the lists I've been making - with a Company Veterans squad, I can slap in the Company Command characters there outside of Elites.

Good to know. I didn't think to try that