Wrath's Word Bearers - Revenge for Monarchia

Hello all,

Starting a thread for my WB for both 30k and 40k.

Been working mainly on 30k recently. Today I finished a heavy support squad and a tactical support squad that were sitting around about halfway done.

RMudrmw.jpgO16laNX.jpg

Thanks!

They're just a little less evil... but not much. All of the traitor legions in 30k aren't quite chaos yet, although the WB have units like this:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Word-Bearers-Legion-Gal-Vorbak

Since WB are the most Chaos of the traitor legions at the time, you can get away with mixing in some CSM-style bits in.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I really do like the scheme. But it is actually just the standard Word Bearers paint scheme for HH. FW made a really striking scheme for them, even when doing a more muted look, it really tends to stand out. Because of their traditional painting style, they tend to break up models with colour like this quite often, since they wouldn't do edge-highlighting.

I love the dark, burgundy-wine colour that it has over the brighter reds that are more typical in 40k.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Next should be a Dark Apostle, although necrons are up to get that vow completed for their competition as well as some Dreadwing destroyers for the 1st legion.

Might build some ashen circle as well, think I'll do those after the Dark Apostle.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 1 year later...

Been a while, but a bit of an update here. Been working on some Land Speeders I converted up from the plastic kit to use for 30k. Close to done on the painting, just need to block out a few more colors, put some washes on and then do a little highlighting and it should be ready for decals.

IHslGgq.jpg

• 3 months later...

A couple of rhinos done as far as painting goes. Will add a few decals to them later and then put a coat of varnish on them.

No more resin Deimos rhinos after this :biggrin.:

I'm very much looking forward to never having to deal with this FW kit ever again.

AucyONC.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 8 months later...

Been a while, but I have been working on a few things. Recently, I've been painting this Maulerfiend, who's coming along pretty nicely. Besides his shoulderpads and all, close to just putting some washes on and a few highlights.

0fCeemc.jpg

VPLDttG.jpg