Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial Armour Compendium Speculation/ Spoilers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
391 replies to this topic

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

191 Data sheets is pretty big. I wonder what we will get- any surprises?

What I'm hoping for is that the Avenger becomes usable for Adepta Sororitas again (and gets a plastic kit- a naked variant for use with IG with an upgrade sprue for use with Sisters). I'm also hoping for an Inquisition Land Raider, just so the faction can have a vehicle in an Inquisition detachment.

My dream scenario is that the Kharon Pattern Acquisitor gets a 40k datasheet, but I really doubt that one. Jenitia Krole/ generic Knight Commander would be nice in 40k too.

Hoping a table of contents pops up online soon.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
Honestly, I'm betting that if anything there's less options
  • Hollenweger, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and SufficientAnonymity like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I just want good rules for the Death Korps of Krieg... Anything else good in the book will just be a bonus really... C'mon GW dont do the Krieg dirty... 

• Charlo and Angry Banana like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts
Still no mention of Custodes in the forge world compendium. Why? I am head scratching wondering why one of the most popular fw selling things is not mentioned or implied.

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 248 posts

Still no mention of Custodes in the forge world compendium. Why? I am head scratching wondering why one of the most popular fw selling things is not mentioned or implied.

GW, strangely, sometimes just doesn’t want our money.

Wonder if we will ever see rules for those HH admech units in 40k. I’m sure they’d sell.
  • Magos Takatus, templargdt and Angry Banana like this

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts

Wonder if we will ever see rules for those HH admech units in 40k. I’m sure they’d sell.

Probably never, since they look awesome and I'd buy a bunch.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,222 posts

I'd just like balanced units that people take because they like the models or they offer interesting alternatives to the standard Codex stuff. FW has had a bad rep for over/underpowered stuff. If the new codex lays that to rest, I will be happy.

• Alcyon, Black Blow Fly, Waking Dreamer and 3 others like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Imperial Knights
Make FW knights great again or at least useable. :-D
Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Anyone know how many sheets there were in the old books that this Compendium is replacing?

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,319 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

I just want the Malcador to not be a steaming pile and get the love it deserves!

• Noserenda, Ldorte and Slave to Darkness like this

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,599 posts

Because most of them are either horrendously ugly* (which is not helped by terrible FW paint "job" that resembles corroded, cheap brass, not gleaming, well maintained gold they are in fluff), pointlessly duplicate GW plastics, and only sell well thanks to completely broken rules? ermm.gif I really like concept of custodes, but seeing every tactics thread in past 4 years pretty much say 'lol ignore the plastics and slap some recasts on table, you will autowin' really turned me off from them.

*seriously, just look at FW terminators, and imagine were wearer has to have eyes to look out of helmet's lenses. Probably in his ears. And the less said about the utter failure and complete disaster that is Valdor, especially compared to his FW illustrations, the better...

• Slave to Darkness and Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla like this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Anyone know how many sheets there were in the old books that this Compendium is replacing?

I need to remember where I put a couple of my FW index's, but I just did a quick count of how many data sheets got points values in the 2019 munitorum field manual.
That came to 343 data sheets, and is probably a better way to check anyway as it includes the more recent data sheets.

343 down to 191, I really want to see the index pages for the new book as 152 sheets are AWOL.
  • MrSpoon and MegaVolt87 like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

A lot of kits were taken out of production, those won't be in the index anymore.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Brother Lame

Brother Lame

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts

Is it reasonable to hope the FW Dreadnoughts get similar treatment to the new SM Codex and get Duty Eternal slapped on? Would really love to be able to continue to use as many of mine as possible so as long as they make it in at all (and aren't going to the great Legends catalogue in the sky), I'd be happy.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,329 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Yeah anything OOP will be legends for sure, just hoping some of the Sisters stuff or Mechanicum bits get sheets tbh, legends or whatever tbh.

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,319 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

Is it reasonable to hope the FW Dreadnoughts get similar treatment to the new SM Codex and get Duty Eternal slapped on? Would really love to be able to continue to use as many of mine as possible so as long as they make it in at all (and aren't going to the great Legends catalogue in the sky), I'd be happy.

In theory they should if the "written by the same team" statement is true

• Karhedron likes this

Lord_Ikka

Lord_Ikka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 481 posts
  • Faction: DA/Knights/Eldar/Inq

Looking at what possibly could be going into Legends (due to no longer being in production that I can see), here's what I come up with for Astra Militarum, which I believe should have a large amount of cuts. Taken from the list of Astra Militarum from the Imperial Armor Index of 8th, which I believe is the most recent list of available FW IG stuff. I could be completely wrong, feel free to correct me :D

Atlas Recovery Tank

Salamander Command Vehicle

Centaur Light Carrier

Gryphon-pattern Chimera

Salamander Scout Vehicle

Tauros Assault Vehicle

Tauros Venator

Griffon Mortar Carrier

Hydra Battery

Manticore Battery

Sabre Weapons Battery

Sentinel Powerlifters

Leman Russ Annihilator

Stygies Destroyer Tank Hunter

Arkurian Pattern Stormsword

Aquila Lander

Imperial Fortress Walls

Primaris Redoubt

DKoK Centaur Light Assault Carrier

DKoK Storm Chimera

DKoK Quartermaster Cadre

DKoK Death Rider Commissar (could be kitbashed with the DKoK commissar, but isn't sold as a model anymore)

Elysian Drop Troops entire model line - 10 datasheets in total

So overall, just from Astra Militarum that my quick check-through shows, that is 42 datasheets going away.

• N1SB likes this

Nerd, wargamer, know-it-all
tn_gallery_94427_16628_19045.pngtn_gallery_94427_16628_12663.pnggallery_48988_15094_2398.png

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,965 posts

I did see a while back the Badab War Chapters were going to get suggested Chapter Traits, not sure if it'll be in there with the other stuff.

• Kheotour likes this

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,145 posts

A while back, someone posted a screenshot of the table of contents from the preview video for the FW book. Forgot who it was. It was here on B&C.

Anyways, have been hoping for Thousand Sons psychic or rubric Contemptor but in that screenshot they posted, Thousand Sons were absent as a faction so since this is speculation, I will speculate that it won't be in here.. Despite it being the #1 thing [most] Thousand Sons players have been clamoring for since they even teased the Serpent & the Wolf teaser once GW came back to FB. If you remember that, it was something like "if we get X amount of Likes, we'll share something cool." Anyways, now's the time to do it, and doesn't look like they're doing it. Oh well. Not gonna lie, a little surprised.

Hellforged is a garbage rule and I also speculate that it will change. 

Edited by Archaeinox, 26 October 2020 - 12:46 AM.

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,563 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Hopefully we get rules for Tyberos the Red Wake so he's still a bad ass beat stick like he's supposed to be.

• Black Blow Fly and Archaeinox like this
40kDGBanner

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,734 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I'm shocked we haven't really had proper leaks from recent books yet right up till now. I think if GW keeps the English editions as printed in UK and releases the other languages ones AFTER the English ones launch, this all but eliminates book leaks IMO. 

• Black Blow Fly likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors

I did see a while back the Badab War Chapters were going to get suggested Chapter Traits, not sure if it'll be in there with the other stuff.

Holding out hope this is the case. Half the Badab characters we have now only have one unique piece of wargear anyway and could be turned into relics with minimal work--which of course means they'll never see the light of day again.
  • walter h likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Looking at what possibly could be going into Legends (due to no longer being in production that I can see), here's what I come up with for Astra Militarum, which I believe should have a large amount of cuts. Taken from the list of Astra Militarum from the Imperial Armor Index of 8th, which I believe is the most recent list of available FW IG stuff. I could be completely wrong, feel free to correct me :D

Atlas Recovery Tank
Salamander Command Vehicle
Centaur Light Carrier
Gryphon-pattern Chimera
Salamander Scout Vehicle
Tauros Assault Vehicle
Tauros Venator
Griffon Mortar Carrier
Hydra Battery
Manticore Battery
Sabre Weapons Battery
Sentinel Powerlifters
Leman Russ Annihilator
Stygies Destroyer Tank Hunter
Arkurian Pattern Stormsword
Aquila Lander
Imperial Fortress Walls
Primaris Redoubt

DKoK Centaur Light Assault Carrier
DKoK Storm Chimera
DKoK Quartermaster Cadre
DKoK Death Rider Commissar (could be kitbashed with the DKoK commissar, but isn't sold as a model anymore)

Elysian Drop Troops entire model line - 10 datasheets in total

So overall, just from Astra Militarum that my quick check-through shows, that is 42 datasheets going away.

Sororitas Repressor was once in the MFM, but was absent in the latest release, so that's at least one guaranteed unit dropping away.

There's also quite a few characters that never had models - just rules, like Lias Issodon.

Alcyon

Alcyon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,528 posts
  • Faction: Revenants Chapter

Here's hoping Y'vahra flamers go to 12". I'd also really like to see Relic Contemptors and Leviathans be a pricey but powerful option as opposed to a must-take tournament staple - I don't think that's especially fluffy.

• Waking Dreamer likes this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,734 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Here's hoping Y'vahra flamers go to 12". I'd also really like to see Relic Contemptors and Leviathans be a pricey but powerful option as opposed to a must-take tournament staple - I don't think that's especially fluffy.

Loyalists could never really fit more than two most times and CSM needed them to prop up a weak codex. I wouldn't worry, 2-3 FW dreads even if they are busted won't win you a sure game in 9th ed wich is all about the objectives game. 8th ed killhammer is dead.
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users