Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial Armour Compendium Speculation/ Spoilers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
391 replies to this topic

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)
I’m guessing with it being said before it’s all four of the IAI books’ datasheets from 8th ed getting updated, it’s going to have only updated datasheets from those four books, and possibly not all of the datasheets from them as there’s thoughts a number of those datasheets are getting Legend out.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

SirVulkan

SirVulkan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

GW current policy is to only write rules for models they make, the rest go to legends.  Even the rules themselves have to match the model for the most part.  So I expect a lot of stuff to go to legends or simply disappear like Hareth Shen and other things we have had in the past.  I mean should we expect anything else?  Im mostly interested in what they do with land raiders and dreadnoughts.

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,531 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
https://www.warhamme...mpendium2602020

BDzG8VVfFgcV5Dfp.jpg

MiRrEfAbLqGNN8LL.jpg

UkFxFnlC6p1anMsb.jpg

Edited by Jolemai, 26 October 2020 - 01:18 PM.

• Montford, Noserenda, templargdt and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

Brother Yroc

Brother Yroc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 389 posts

Looks like this is goodbye to my Siege Dreadnought :( Or  more to the point, hello "counts as", assuming I ever get to play, that is.

There is no excuse for failure to playtest a design thoroughly before putting it on the market; it indicates either gross ignorance, total egotism, or an absolute lack of interest in giving the gamer his money's worth. - Steve Jackson, 1981

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,701 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
RIP Death Korps Grenadiers
  • Castellan Cynebald likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
Death korps looks absolutely gutted if you don’t play with legends options.

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

Interesting that the Land Raider Achilles is listed. 

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,366 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Looks like this is goodbye to my Siege Dreadnought :( Or more to the point, hello "counts as", assuming I ever get to play, that is.

I've been using mine as an Ironclad for some time now.
  • Brother Yroc likes this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,725 posts
  • Faction: Confessors
Well, it says if it doesnt have a datasheet-- its getting one in legends. So, ill be able to take stuff like my chinork out for a spin in narrative games at least.
gallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.pnggallery_74802_15827_10034.jpggallery_48988_15738_19809.pnggallery_30308_9518_8597.jpg

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
They kept the Whirlwind Scorpius and the Vindicator Laser Destroyer, but left out the Deimos Predator Executioner and Infernus? sigh... If they don't turn up in Legends, I'm brewing up my own rules for 'em.
  • Squike likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Really sad to see the Maynarkh characters consigned to oblivion. And Sonic Dreadnoughts gone...

Edited by Marshal Loss, 26 October 2020 - 01:42 PM.

• Angry Banana likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

Shame they didnt include the Sabre tank

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts
Oh wow, the Guard list has been gutted. Bye bye Leman Russ Conqueror and Annihilator. I assume the Death Korps will use the regular Guard datasheets from the Codex for any overlaps. Still, that's a lot of stuff lost. Even the named Marshall is gone.

That new doctrine for them doesn't look particularly great either. :-/
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts
I knew it was coming, but if is bittersweet to see the Repressor officially gone for Sororitas.
  • Charlo and Sir_Gaea like this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Some of the dropped sheets may also be transitioning to 40k proper. It's doubtful, but it's possible; I had thought the Avenger would be a good candidate for plastic, but it looks like it's still in the compendium so I guess not.

• Montford likes this

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,033 posts

Contemptor Mortis is gone, which is a shame as that's a good unit - and I've got one. Guess I'll need to get some new arms for that guy unless the Relic contemptor can still take quad guns.

I was also vaguely thinking of converting a Land Raider Prometheus. Won't do that, since it no-longer exists.

The basic rule seems to be that things they sell get to go in the book (mostly - the Achilles seems to have slipped through). I can see the logic in this. The things that FW no-longer sells are often being offered by recasters, and you can see why they might not like that.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,767 posts

I wonder if Death Guard can no longer take the majority of options from Chaos Marines, as the Greater Blight Drone (p. 120) is repeated in their section as "Death Guard Greater Blight Drone" (p. 145).

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,701 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
This has me convinced Imperial Guard won’t be getting their revamp anytime soon.
  • Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,068 posts
  • Faction: November Warriors

Well, I'm gonna say I'm a pretty unhappy camper. Lack of rules for the sabre has stopped that purchase, lack of Mechanicus kills that idea, missing dread and pred rules annoy me from the perspective of previous purchases, no mention of Badab War CT or strats. I've got so many invectives for the fumble that this is.

Edit: It was pointed out there may be a spot for Badab CT under chapters of Renown, here's to hoping Firehawks get their hand flamers back.

Edited by NovemberIX, 26 October 2020 - 10:25 PM.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Oh damn, literally nothing i hoped for got in... While Corsairs might make it to legends you know the Sisters of Silence or Mechanicum stuff wont :/ 

Glad Death riders and all their command bits are still in there though!

Edited by Noserenda, 26 October 2020 - 02:08 PM.

lansalt

lansalt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts

I don't get the logic behind leaving out the Deimos Predator. It's not out of production.

Were they worried the new weapon rules made them too overepowered for competitive games?

• Harleqvin, ThatOneMarshal, Aeternus and 1 other like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,648 posts

Man, lotta lost datasheets. RIP Contemptor-Mortis and Mortis Dreads.

Interesting that the Land Raider Achilles is listed. 

Iirc, someone asked Forge World's Facebook page about the Achilles being removed from the website and they said it was a mould retool/fix.

They kept the Whirlwind Scorpius and the Vindicator Laser Destroyer, but left out the Deimos Predator Executioner and Infernus? sigh... If they don't turn up in Legends, I'm brewing up my own rules for 'em.

Might just be listed under the Relic Predator? Which is.... What it was in 8th Edition?

Well, I'm gonna say I'm a pretty unhappy camper. Lack of rules for the sabre has stopped that purchase, lack of Mechanicus kills that idea, missing dread and pred rules annoy me from the perspective of previous purchases, no mention of Badab War CT or strats. I've got so many invectives for the fumble that this is.

Notice there's a two page entry for Marines listed as "Chapters of Renown". That might be the Badab War Chapter Tactics.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, 26 October 2020 - 04:35 PM.
removed personal attack

• Shadow Captain Vyper, ThatOneMarshal, Slave to Darkness and 2 others like this

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 471 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors
I knew it was coming, but RIP Ahazra Redth. You were never particularly good, but it felt good to know you were specifically ours.
  • RolandTHTG and spinitron like this

Paturabo

Paturabo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

Might just be listed under the Relic Predator? Which is.... What it was in 8th Edition?

There is no Predator listed in the table of contents, Relic or otherwise. The forgeworld predator variants are strictly 30k units now.

The only datasheet with "Relic" in the name is the Loyalist Contemptor.
  • LucidNinja likes this

SirVulkan

SirVulkan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

Contemptor Mortis is gone, which is a shame as that's a good unit - and I've got one. Guess I'll need to get some new arms for that guy unless the Relic contemptor can still take quad guns.

I was also vaguely thinking of converting a Land Raider Prometheus. Won't do that, since it no-longer exists.

The basic rule seems to be that things they sell get to go in the book (mostly - the Achilles seems to have slipped through). I can see the logic in this. The things that FW no-longer sells are often being offered by recasters, and you can see why they might not like that.

Relic contemptors can take guns on both arms.  So they are basically stuffing every contemptor into the Relic Contemptor data sheet I assume, except for the SM Codex version which is plastic and not "Relic"  I am curious if the Relic rule is even there now.   I noticed the Leviathan is no longer "Relic".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users