Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial Armour Compendium Speculation/ Spoilers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
391 replies to this topic

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 110 posts

Poor, poor DKoK. At this point they should just roll them into the Guard codex, no need to pretend anymore. I find it especially strange that the regimental doctrine pushes players to even more Leman Russ cheese instead of massed infantry. Does it imply that the extra WS is gone?

SirVulkan

SirVulkan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

Oh neat, the Hellforged word is gone from a lot of chaos stuff.  If that rule is gone then hopefully Chaos can even out point wise.  I never liked the Hellforged rule.

• Black Blow Fly and Juggernut like this

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 932 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
Loss of the Chaplain Dreadnought, Siege Dreadnought, and both Mortis Dreadnoughts. Glad I magnetized my Contemptors.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Screw you GW screw you... 

• Castellan Cynebald, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and Angry Banana like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,030 posts

Contemptor Mortis is gone, which is a shame as that's a good unit - and I've got one. Guess I'll need to get some new arms for that guy unless the Relic contemptor can still take quad guns.

I was also vaguely thinking of converting a Land Raider Prometheus. Won't do that, since it no-longer exists.

The basic rule seems to be that things they sell get to go in the book (mostly - the Achilles seems to have slipped through). I can see the logic in this. The things that FW no-longer sells are often being offered by recasters, and you can see why they might not like that.

Relic contemptors can take guns on both arms.  So they are basically stuffing every contemptor into the Relic Contemptor data sheet I assume, except for the SM Codex version which is plastic and not "Relic"  I am curious if the Relic rule is even there now.   I noticed the Leviathan is no longer "Relic".

Maybe. We don't know for certain that they'll allow relic contemptors to have a gun on each arm.

I wonder if my Deredeo's guns will change, to bring them in line with autocannons having 3 shots each. Probably not, but it's something to hope for.

I'm a bit annoyed this comes from FW and not GW. Means placing a FW order. There are a few other bits I need, mostly for AT, so I'll try and get in there right away on Friday.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,145 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
So Eldar corsairs are definitely dead 😭
Such a waste of money and time.

And the grey knights doomglaive isn't coming back either it seems. Sad times

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts
Well Salamanders characters without models are dead, no legend datasheets even. I also didn't see Necrosius on the table of contents.

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 439 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
I’m actually really hoping that they don’t give the Badab chapters a set tactic. I greatly prefer the flexibility of being able to pick whatever successor rules I enjoy to build the play style I want for my Charcharadons. I’m glad the named characters still get rules but I don’t want Locked chapter tactics because they clearly aren’t also giving 6+ pages of relics, stratagems, and warlord traits that I would loose out on.
  • Black Blow Fly, RedFox and Detjan like this

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,921 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
You realize all successors except for BT get access to inheritors rules? Only rhing you lose is Chapter Relic access but you get retain special issue wargear access
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

* If a unit exists but doesn’t have a datasheet in this book, don’t worry! It will be getting a Warhammer Legends datasheet so that you can continue to use it in your games.

I would assume this means the missing characters, vehicles, units and so on will receive a Legends datasheet in short order. It's a pity so much was lost, but it is what it is.

mkbKIlr.png

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 439 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
If they assign me a trait I loose the ability to customize that trait. If they assign me a gene-line I loose access to the other lines. I would rather have the flexibility and use the great system that GW has created than roll the dice on FW assigning me crap rules.
  • Grand Master Laertes, AenarIT and Detjan like this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

If they assign me a trait I loose the ability to customize that trait. If they assign me a gene-line I loose access to the other lines. I would rather have the flexibility and use the great system that GW has created than roll the dice on FW assigning me crap rules.

To be fair, this wouldn't be FW assigning you rules - this would be GW, as they wrote the rules for the IA Compendium.

mkbKIlr.png

SirJyo

SirJyo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts
  • Faction: Black templars,
Big rip to corsairs
Who?

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

This. So much this.

I'm a bit worried that my dear Red Scorpions will receive a set of chapter tactics, but I can't imagine anything else to be in those two pages of the new book. I hope it's a decent one at least. Luckily, they don't have known progenitors so I should be able to retain some kind of flexibility anyway.

• Angry Banana likes this

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts

Such a shame about Thulsa Kane... Loved his concept to bits. 

• Naryn likes this

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

As an Ork player this book will bring rules to some fun conversions such as the Warboss on bike and grot tanks.

And I want to see the rules for the Leviathan dreadnought and if its decent I´ll get one for my Deathwatch.

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts

Poor, poor DKoK. At this point they should just roll them into the Guard codex, no need to pretend anymore. I find it especially strange that the regimental doctrine pushes players to even more Leman Russ cheese instead of massed infantry. Does it imply that the extra WS is gone?

I don't know if this does much for DKoK Russes...hitting on 6s isn't exactly deadly. Might be cute on Hellhounds, but it looks massively subpar to the Codex stuff, even more so than now.

Hopefully there's more there.

Edited by sairence, 26 October 2020 - 03:55 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,082 posts

Iirc, someone asked Forge World's Facebook page about the Achilles being removed from the website and they said it was a mould retool/fix.

That could well be the reason for the Achilles being present and also the reason behind the Tombstalker getting rules (I have no idea how long ago they stopped selling it). But it doesn't explain why Valthrax is in there when he hasn't had a model in years. Meanwhile stuff like the Predators etc are left out.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

Honestly, I'm betting that if anything there's less options

And that would be a smart bet.

I think it's safe to assume if a model is out of production it's rules are gone.

I'm hoping that part of this slimming down is just multiple faction rules on one page. You could cut a number of datasheets down that are basically the same between Space Marines/CSM, titans etc all could go to one datasheet and have more than one faction rule set.

That could still leave some room for say...a Thousand Sons psychic dread...

Edited by Raven1, 26 October 2020 - 04:08 PM.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

ShadowCore67

ShadowCore67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
Pretty upset they don't have rules for the newer legions vehicles like the sabre and arquitor
  • Aeternus likes this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Pretty much as expected for this then. It's a low effort consolidation of all the indices with a few pdfs included e.g. Astraeus. Deimos preds being left out even though they have models is a strange one, but then again my Glaive super heavy still isn't around yet. 

Tin foil hat time - some of the tanks/dreads may be direct competitors to current primaris models so it's intentional.

Were Badab chapter traits even a supposed thing? Wouldn't pin hopes on rumours.

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard and Angry Banana like this

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,082 posts

They've announced this on the Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page.

The majority of Forge World Adeptus Mechanicus units are for use in The Horus Heresy, we've not heard of plans to bring them over to Warhammer 40,000 at this time.

Looks like all their talk of Fires being delayed, then the Mechanicus being in a future book, then them being in a PDF like Custodes, then them being done for 9th was bollocks. 

• Trokair, Lucerne, RedFox and 2 others like this

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 578 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Well, I'm gonna say I'm a pretty unhappy camper. Lack of rules for the sabre has stopped that purchase, lack of Mechanicus kills that idea, missing dread and pred rules annoy me from the perspective of previous purchases, no mention of Badab War CT or strats. I've got so many invectives for the fumble that this is.

Dude, I have two Sabres with all their weapons. I liked their looks and design and thought "They'll likely get 40k rules anyways, so why not buy them now?" I don't even play 30k :(

So Eldar corsairs are definitely dead
Such a waste of money and time.

And the grey knights doomglaive isn't coming back either it seems. Sad times

They said that if a model "exists" but isn't listed here, they'd be transferred to Legends. Since I have physical proof of my Corsairs exisiting (with Upgrade Kits bought from Forgeworld) I would claim that they do get a Legends entry. If not I'll raise hell...

I’m actually really hoping that they don’t give the Badab chapters a set tactic. I greatly prefer the flexibility of being able to pick whatever successor rules I enjoy to build the play style I want for my Charcharadons. I’m glad the named characters still get rules but I don’t want Locked chapter tactics because they clearly aren’t also giving 6+ pages of relics, stratagems, and warlord traits that I would loose out on.

The Cover of the compendium (on the back) said something like "with suggested Chapter Tactics for..." and then a list of Chapters, including the Badab ones. So they'll likely get picks for which "build your own successor chapter" tactics fit them, but those will only be a suggestion.

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

They've announced this on the Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page.

The majority of Forge World Adeptus Mechanicus units are for use in The Horus Heresy, we've not heard of plans to bring them over to Warhammer 40,000 at this time.

Looks like all their talk of Fires being delayed, then the Mechanicus being in a future book, then them being in a PDF like Custodes, then them being done for 9th was bollocks. 

See, the problem is if they did make rules for them all and port them into 40k if they were in anyway better than the current GW equivalents it would invalidate the GW range . On the flipside, they also know that if they write them to be worse than AM units then nobody will pick them up. It seems they've deemed that the cost of writing and testing FW rules won't have a good ROI.

• Angry Banana likes this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,823 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
They waited two editions for this book and its a low effort cash grab, GW's incomptence has reached new levels.
  • evilhomer, templargdt, Ldorte and 8 others like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users