Space Marine Buildings

While flipping through the 4th edition codes the other day, I saw what looked like habitation bunkers that they had as building terrain.(specifically on page 58, 76 and 77)  Clearly that caught my eye, and was something that interested me.  I would assume that they were hand made as those particular pods look a lot cooler than anything that GW ever put out in my memory, and they make sense as a modular pod that would be dropped planet side by supply Thunderhawks.  As a general comment most of the terrain looks a lot better to my eye in this codex than what we have got in subsequent editions.  My question is has anyone ever built something like what you see in the codex for their army?  These days, it seems like 3D printing would be the way to go on a project like this. 

On a similar note, has anyone ever made any other space marine specific buildings?  I am thinking of modular design fire bases as like the above pods allude to, Space Marines don't stay at one place for a long time while on campaign, but they needs a place to fix equipment, clean weapons, sleep, eat, etc.  I would think that it would be impractical to ferry broken rhino's on and off planet for non-major repair work, likewise for Space Marines when their power armor needs to be worked on, while they are staying on the planet for the next month or two.  

That pods have been build from Land Raider hulls, plasticcard and other bits.

With the LR look, well there had been a Thunderhawk transporter that could carry one LR or 2 Rhino chassis.

But i think you can find some Dawn of War Style buildings.

If you are after some more inspiration for space marine buildings you can look at the 2nd edition terrain. Card stock and necromunda bulkheads. I've seen a few pretty good attempts at modern versions via printed parts and/or texture paints on card (though cant find them now). I'm sure for at least one of these the idea was that it was a 'quick to build' pre fab building that space marines used for extended campaigns. 

Not to direct you away from the awesomeness that is B&C but dakka dakka has a link to see a few of these

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/407918.page

Just dug out my old Codex and took some less than stellar pics.

Brother Pablo, you mean these right?

I really like them too. They seem to be a hybrid of scratch built and kitbashed parts. I think I see part of a Dreadnought CCW on the end of that crane. Given how GW Studio has access to a lot of minis maybe they really did use Land Raider hulls, or maybe they built a master and cast up several versions.

8-E10609-A-9525-45-A6-A86-D-664-B7-D2975

CBF2-AE72-3887-4189-B17-C-21-CAD26-B3106

B11-E91-EE-13-C0-4-D46-A8-F7-A9265907840

As Bung mentioned there’s people doing Dawn of War style terrain out there.

One Kickstarter that I saw recently is this one, there is some cool ‘Space Marine-style’ terrain. 3D printable.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lorazam/sci-fi-gothic-sanctuary-3d-printable-cathedrals-and-bunkers

Just dug out my old Codex and took some less than stellar pics.

Brother Pablo, you mean these right?

I really like them too. They seem to be a hybrid of scratch built and kitbashed parts. I think I see part of a Dreadnought CCW on the end of that crane. Given how GW Studio has access to a lot of minis maybe they really did use Land Raider hulls, or maybe they built a master and cast up several versions.

8-E10609-A-9525-45-A6-A86-D-664-B7-D2975

CBF2-AE72-3887-4189-B17-C-21-CAD26-B3106

B11-E91-EE-13-C0-4-D46-A8-F7-A9265907840

As Bung mentioned there’s people doing Dawn of War style terrain out there.

One Kickstarter that I saw recently is this one, there is some cool ‘Space Marine-style’ terrain. 3D printable.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lorazam/sci-fi-gothic-sanctuary-3d-printable-cathedrals-and-bunkers

These are the ones that I am talking about.  The kick starter is not exactly what I am looking for.  That seems to me more of a long term construction.  I was looking for more of an idea of what you see above, where they are modular and dropped down on a planet for a few months to take care of the Space Marines deployed dirt side, and presumably packed up and taken back once the Space Marines go to the next planet.  Ill take a look at DOW buildings as well.  

it looks like made from rhino sides, maybe two rhinos cut in half and glued together, end to end.

Stretched abit with plasticard, but those armor panels near ends are dead give away for rhino chassis