Combat patrol box

Madao

As WC confirmed  that each SC box will be replaced with Combat Patrol box on the new codex release. What do you think our (AdMech) box will contain to match 500 points/25PL?

I guess it will be new HQ (Skitarii Alpha Primus, we have been teased with) ~3/4 PL, 10 Skitarii 7PL, Disintegrator 6PL and Sicarians for another 6PL.

Total of 22PL seems low, so maybe it will contain Dakka Bots in HS slot for 12 PL with Datasmith for the next 3PL. Then (I hope) Alpha Primus would cost 3PL and with one squad of Skitarii it would sum up to the total of 25 PL and a valid patrol detachment (1 HQ, 1 Troop, 1 HS, 1 Elite). This scenario would make me sad, because Dakka Bots are ugly as hell

I'd say your first guess is likely. Though the new codex will probably bring some changes to the power levels and points values, as some weapon profiles, unit abilities and hopefully the Noosphere (you know, canticles and stuff) get updated, so I suppose PL calculations aren't very accurate right now.

Also at least the new Deathwatch box has two HQs in it (I think), so maybe that's a direction they'll take? I have no idea if the new marine boxes are something people would actually use in a game, or if that is something we can expect from these boxes.

Wouldn't it be cool if ours would have Skitarii for troops, the new Alpha as HQ, a Skorpius as a transport, and a Dunecrawler for heavy support. Mechanised Mechanicus :biggrin.:   

Looking at the content of both boxes - they're there to unload old stuff, with one or two recent models as kicker for people with existing armies.

My bet would be a maximum of one box from the recent release wave (including the boat), everything else from the old line.

The Skitarii Alpha won't be in it unless there is no separate release for it - unloading old stuff with the Manipulus/GSC gunslinger/Ghazkull/Ragnar was a thing too.

From the other boxes I agree with MajorNese, everything except the new stuff is probably up for grabs, so old stuff and our new tank and the Manipulator.

The only way I see us getting our new Skitarii model with it, is if they are going to use that collection of unrevealed new models to try to sell these for certain armies.

Base I expect a pack of 10 Vanguard/Rangers but hope for some Destroyers/Breachers but lets be sensible we are getting legs for our troops.

I would definitely expect our new tank to entice people to buy it or maybe the Manipulator for the HQ. I wont be surprised if the Tech-Priest Dominus makes an appearance. These are supposed to be starter sets and you do not get any more Admech than our first HQ.

Finally I would think it is maybe time for some chickens to appear in a box(They don't sell that well due to their price), we have had the crawler, some bots so I can hope.

Base I expect a pack of 10 Vanguard/Rangers but hope for some Destroyers/Breachers but lets be sensible we are getting legs for our troops.

Yeah, probably 10 skitarii again. It's two troops units per box instead of one (kataphron), and cheap in PL and cash. Kataphron are still a must-have unit, so people would still have to buy that later.

Dominus...after being flooded with that guy, and then having enginseers as default HQ in there, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Manipulus in there. Fancy HQ means less fancy remaining content, see DW box. Otherwise who knows what they put in there...Onagers were in SC and Battleforce for a while, everyone has them in spades. The boat replaced it in the SC, but at least the initial Patrol boxes were limited to walker-or-smaller - could be bots as largest model instead. Maybe priests, those were quite rare in other boxes, and probably not exactly the best-selling box south of Hammerfest.

I don't really mind what they bundle together currently. As long as it's not more Kastellans. I own two built, two un-assembled and I already feel a bit dirty fielding them! :p

If I had to choose what would help me personally I'd hope for more Electro Priests, Ironstriders/Dragoons, a Skorpius, some of the Pteraxii and either an Enginseer, a Manipulus and/or this new mystery (hopefully) Skitarii Alpha Prime. Probably not a great core for an army, but that's the bits of my army that need reinforcing! :p

I think MajorNese has a pretty realistic idea for the core of an Admech army. I could be tempted to buy this hypothetical box if it's got stuff I already own if the discount is acceptable.