Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Combat Patrol Boxes (Replace Start Collecting Boxes)

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,265 posts

Well I guess Deathwatch Lieutenants are now absolute here to stay judging by the Combat Patrol box.

Edit: For context since this thread was split from a larger one.

The WarCom article

The Two Combat Patrol Boxes. Price £85 /  $140

2XbeUAjXsqlHvhIk.jpg

11WttKq4XndEVgam.jpg

Edited by Trokair, 26 October 2020 - 08:37 PM.

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 494 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

If the prices on those Combat Patrol boxes are right then they have the potential to be an excellent deal. 

There's about £115 worth of contents in the DW box (including a couple of DW Upgrade Sprues) and about £128 worth of contents in the SW box (taking into account only 5 Reivers and a couple of SW Upgrade Sprues).

Considering current SC prices are around £55-£60 I'm going to guess the new boxes will be around the £80-£90 mark, which would be a pretty solid deal.

Edited by RWJP, 25 October 2020 - 05:53 PM.

• Alcyon likes this

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,933 posts
2 fantastic boxes.
Dig the hounds of Morkai.
  • Triszin likes this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Does this mean we can have hope? Could DA finally get a SC/Combat patrol box?

I think these are the replacements for start collecting boxes, the DW and SW ones were marked no longer available a bit ago.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 25 October 2020 - 05:53 PM.

• BladeOfVengeance and Crix like this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
I fully expect those CP boxes to be more than 60£. My guess is 75£

evilhomer

evilhomer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 110 posts

If the prices on those Combat Patrol boxes are right then they have the potential to be an excellent deal. 

There's about £115 worth of contents in the DW box (including a couple of DW Upgrade Sprues) and about £128 worth of contents in the SW box (taking into account only 5 Reivers and a couple of SW Upgrade Sprues).

Considering current SC prices are around £55-£60 I'm going to guess the new boxes will be around the £80-£90 mark, which would be a pretty solid deal.

It'll be interesting to see how much these are priced at. I think we can also safely assume that there will be similar boxes for BA and DA too - fair play to GW for trying to squeeze all the value out of the older Primaris moulds too. I guess we'll see BA with intercessors + inceptors and DA with intercessors + hellblasters. That'll mean all wave 1 kits will be available at a decent discount. Should also mean a regular supply of unboxed individual squads on Ebay. 

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

£75 would give them a very similar savings percentage to the Primaris Space Wolves Start Collecting box (which seems to have quietly been retired in preparation for these Combat Patrols), so it's certainly feasible, but I'm personally expecting something more around the £90 mark.

• Triszin likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

£75 would give them a very similar savings percentage to the Primaris Space Wolves Start Collecting box (which seems to have quietly been retired in preparation for these Combat Patrols), so it's certainly feasible, but I'm personally expecting something more around the £90 mark.

im expecting 145-165 usd

banana

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

• Triszin and Karhedron like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,135 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I'm guessing that we'll see the DG half of Dark Imperium released as a "Combat Patrol" style box alongside the new codex in December. Hopefully the price point is good, I quite like the size of the forces in this week's boxes.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Think these combat patrol boxis will replace the start collecting ones? Wouldnt put it past GW to pull a sneaky on us... 

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts

Think these combat patrol boxis will replace the start collecting ones? Wouldnt put it past GW to pull a sneaky on us... 

Given that the SC Deathwatch and Primaris Space Wolves (a very recent box) are both no longer available, I'd say that's about dead certain.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

Someone on twitter said GW said on facebook that they are
  • PJ1933 and Slave to Darkness like this

davextreme

davextreme

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts

My bet for Blood Angels would be Intercessors, 5 of the new Assault Intercessors, Lieutenant, and something else.

Dark Angels I could see Intercessors, Outriders, Bladeguard, since those both have solid Ravenwing and Deathwing theming, and the Lieutenant and/or Captain.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts

I would hope outriders or bladeguard are in the DA one. Hellblasters aren't near as important as Ravenwing or Deathwing elements.

Or just stick a Ravenwing or Deathwing command squad in there, those would be good. But RW and DW are why people play the army, not hellblasters.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 25 October 2020 - 10:27 PM.

MrSpoon

MrSpoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts

After running the numbers on the SW set, I think the saving is in the region of 33%, but it is a bit flexible as the SW Lieutenant isn't available an individual kit. So assuming he would be priced at £17.50 it brings the set value to £125.50. 

I'm going to be keeping me eyes peeled for some cheap warsuits in the coming weeks; I'd really like three for my UM. 

• NKirkham24 likes this

Matrindur

Matrindur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts

New Deathwatch Combat Patrol £85

Intercessors £35

Aggressors £30

Apothecary £22.50

Lieutenant £20 

2x Upgrade Sprues? £18 (Maybe a new upgrade sprue as there isn't a "Primaris" upgrade pack and there are only 2 Terminator/Aggressor shoulder pads on the old one)

Total £125.5

Savings £40.5

Old Deathwatch SC: £60

Artemis £17.50

2 Kill Teams £50

Venerable Dreadnaught £35

Upgrade Sprue £9

Total £111.50

Savings £51.50

New Space Wolves Combat Patrol £85

Invictor £37.50

Intercessors £35

1/2 Reivers £17.50

SW Battle Leader £20? (Expect him to be the same as other Lieutenants)

2x Upgrade Sprues £18 (the Reivers only got transfers as far as I can see)

Total £128

Savings £43

Old Primaris SW SC £60

Intercessors £35

Aggressors £30

SW Battle Leader £20? (Expect him to be the same as other Lieutenants)

2x Upgrade Sprues £18

Total £103

Savings £43

So the Deathwatch have a new savings of 32% to the old one of 46%

and Space Wolves have a new savings of 33.5% to the old one of 41%

Edited by Matrindur, 26 October 2020 - 09:55 AM.

• Shadow Captain Vyper, Sandlemad, templargdt and 4 others like this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts

Combat patrols £85
Ghaz £42
Ragnar £26.5
Outriders £36.5
New painting handle £7

I truly hope that these new combat patrols are to supplement the start collecting and not an excuse to raise prices almost £30... It is a shame I have so many Intercessors right now.

I wonder if these Outriders will be the same ones from Indomitus, I didn't see anything new in the picture on the article. If its 36.5 for ETB then dam these price increases are just insane right now.

Is Ragnar the first named character(without extra size or friends) to go above 25?

The combat patrol boxes are replacing the start collecting ones. GW commented this on the 40k facebook page

GreenScorpion

GreenScorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Interesting, you now get "start collecting boxes" the price of a baneblade.
I am not sure if GW truly understands the concept of lowering the entry cost to grab more cash afterwards.

I wonder what will be the price of battle force boxes this year (assuming they still do those for Christmas).

• stretch_135, Irbis, Nocturne Noble and 5 others like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,135 posts

I'll echo the criticism here: these boxes are still good deals, but the higher price point is going to make it harder for new folks to decide to make the jump. Under no illusions as to the reality though, which is that they'll sell like hotcakes regardless.

2x Upgrade Sprues? £18 (Maybe a new upgrade sprue as there isn't a "Primaris" upgrade pack and there are only 2 Terminator/Aggressor shoulder pads on the old one)

It'll be the old Deathwatch upgrade sprue x2 with a redundant Terminator pauldron, you can see that the Aggressor/Intercessor/Apothecary (etc) models they're using on the box were the same ones painted years ago and which can be seen on the store page for said upgrade sprue

• Firedrake Cordova and Crix like this

bRxSYDV.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

I am not sure if GW truly understands the concept of lowering the entry cost to grab more cash afterwards.
I wonder what will be the price of battle force boxes this year (assuming they still do those for Christmas).

Logic is these are 500 points so they get you playing the missions.

Re contents
Space Wolves Box might have THREE upgrade sprues if they need 15 shoulder pads for 10 Inters and 5 Reivers

That would be very close to enough Primaris chainswords for 5 Assault Intercessors in there

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 26 October 2020 - 12:07 PM.

• GreenScorpion likes this

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,611 posts

It'll be the old Deathwatch upgrade sprue x2 with a redundant Terminator pauldron, you can see that the Aggressor/Intercessor/Apothecary (etc) models they're using on the box were the same ones painted years ago and which can be seen on the store page for said upgrade sprue

Redundant? It fits gravis, so it's perfectly valid still. And funnily enough, just 2 pads were blessing in disguise because it forced GW to cough up some free upgrade sprues (say, 3x with 5 terminators to cover them all) in past DW boxes.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
I think it will be easier for new people to make the jump, as they can purchase one box and have a valid combat patrol for ~25 PL games.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

GreenScorpion

GreenScorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Logic is these are 500 points so they get you playing the missions.

I completely understand the logic of being a patrol sized army in a box, I just mean that value wise it is a higher entry cost than the Start Collecting, especially if you compare actual content value versus box price. In particular if the contents don't match what people would like to have on a patrol level game, it just ends up raising the entry bar with no direct benefits, other than being the right army size for a mission.

Savings on most of the start collecting boxes actually seem bigger because the prices of the individual kits were increased, so I guess a discount over an inflated price is somewhat closer to the non-inflated one, which might be good?! unsure.png

• Sandlemad likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,135 posts

Redundant? It fits gravis, so it's perfectly valid still. And funnily enough, just 2 pads were blessing in disguise because it forced GW to cough up some free upgrade sprues (say, 3x with 5 terminators to cover them all) in past DW boxes.

...it's still redundant because there are four pauldrons of that size in the box and only three models that require its usage. Redundant just means "not required", which a spare part is not. This has no bearing on whether spare parts are "useful" or not. Read more closely.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 26 October 2020 - 12:40 PM.

bRxSYDV.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users