Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Combat Patrol Boxes (Replace Start Collecting Boxes)

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts
What's the price in USD, 155?
banana

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I would guess between the elite and command edition starters, so my guess is 135 in USD, but I could be aiming low.

Looking at similar recent releases, the mancrushers for AoS are $125 for 75 pounds, so maybe 140-150 then?

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 26 October 2020 - 12:40 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,730 posts

It'll be the old Deathwatch upgrade sprue x2 with a redundant Terminator pauldron, you can see that the Aggressor/Intercessor/Apothecary (etc) models they're using on the box were the same ones painted years ago and which can be seen on the store page for said upgrade sprue

Redundant? It fits gravis, so it's perfectly valid still. And funnily enough, just 2 pads were blessing in disguise because it forced GW to cough up some free upgrade sprues (say, 3x with 5 terminators to cover them all) in past DW boxes.

...it's still redundant because there are four pauldrons of that size in the box and only three models that require its usage. Redundant just means "not required", which a spare part is not. This has no bearing on whether spare parts are "useful" or not. Read more closely.
You get also 8 DW PA pads more than the one you need
And 2 firstborn torsos and heads and also 4 veichle icons and two backpack icons
It's not redundant
It's a blessing for one that is starting a DW army to have a lot of parts to upgrade the kits hè will buy after this box
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,611 posts

...it's still redundant because there are four pauldrons of that size in the box and only three models that require its usage. Redundant just means "not required", which a spare part is not. This has no bearing on whether spare parts are "useful" or not. Read more closely.

It's still not redundant because it's nice bonus you get to use later, when you say buy new terminator chaplain, or gravis captain, saving you money you would spent on new upgrade sprue. It would only be ""redundant"" if said part was useless and this one is nice to have. So, nope and nope.

Looks like Supplement is €25 which isnt too bad, though dice are same price, but Space Wolf datacards are two thirds of the price of the Marine cards I think...just hoping we dont need both sets

Something something first step on the road to disappointment rolleyesclean.gif

• Dark Shepherd and MrSpoon like this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,730 posts

HOPEFULLY they continue the firstborn start collecting Wolves

For Prices

Looks like Supplement is €25 which isnt too bad, though dice are same price, but Space Wolf datacards are two thirds of the price of the Marine cards I think...just hoping we dont need both sets

I think that based on the Deathwatch losing their signature namesake unit (which is a relatively recent kit to boot) in their box, you won't be seeing any firstborn in any Combat Patrol box, or in any start collecting type box ever again.
That's sure
New Astartes Combat Patrol boxes will Be primaris only
  • templargdt likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts

Re contents
Space Wolves Box might have THREE upgrade sprues if they need 15 shoulder pads for 10 Inters and 5 Reivers

That would be very close to enough Primaris chainswords for 5 Assault Intercessors in there

I think it's more likely they'll just specify that the Reivers get transfers instead of special shoulder pads. That's been GW's trend to date with all the Phobos units and those Reivers on the cover of the box are definitely sporting regulation Phobos shoulder pads rather than Tacticus.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,730 posts

Interesting, you now get "start collecting boxes" the price of a baneblade.
I am not sure if GW truly understands the concept of lowering the entry cost to grab more cash afterwards.
I wonder what will be the price of battle force boxes this year (assuming they still do those for Christmas).

Logic is these are 500 points so they get you playing the missions.

Re contents
Space Wolves Box might have THREE upgrade sprues if they need 15 shoulder pads for 10 Inters and 5 Reivers

That would be very close to enough Primaris chainswords for 5 Assault Intercessors in there
It will have two sprues cause the primaris upgrades don't have shoulder pads for phobos

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,134 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

It's not redundant

It's still not redundant because it's nice bonus you get to use later,

You're both quite evidently wrong because you don't actually need it to complete the box. All spare parts in a singular box of models are by literal definition redundant, i.e. superfluous to requirement. If you use the parts later then sure, but many won't. Redundancy isn't a bad thing at all for the reasons outlined in both of your posts and doesn't mean that folks should throw them away. This isn't rocket science, pay attention to context.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 26 October 2020 - 01:39 PM.

• SkimaskMohawk and WandererTheta like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Think these combat patrol boxis will replace the start collecting ones? Wouldnt put it past GW to pull a sneaky on us... 

Given that the SC Deathwatch and Primaris Space Wolves (a very recent box) are both no longer available, I'd say that's about dead certain.

I better get another Cadian one whilst I have the chance then. Good job GW, raise the barrier of entry yet again for beginners.... :tu:

• mithrilforge, templargdt, Wraith776 and 1 other like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Their new article confirms it clearly:

https://www.warhamme...-army-in-a-box/

For a long time, the Start Collecting! boxes have been a great way to begin a Warhammer 40,000 army or to add to an existing one. Now, as new codexes and codex supplements come out, they will start to be replaced with Combat Patrol boxes instead.

• Marshal Loss, Slave to Darkness and Joe like this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,796 posts

£85 for the 2 new combat patrol boxes. My friend messaged me earlier about them. Not sure how true that is but he had a list of the new prices of the new preorders for this week 

• temneb likes this

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,588 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Note that this topic was split from the now-locked Sunday Preview (which covered multiple products).

You can see the Warhammer Community article that featured this new unit here.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts

£85 for the 2 new combat patrol boxes. My friend messaged me earlier about them. Not sure how true that is but he had a list of the new prices of the new preorders for this week

I'd already put the price up earlier but yeah, they're £85...
  • Axineton likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

What's the price in USD, 155?

I would guess between the elite and command edition starters, so my guess is 135 in USD, but I could be aiming low.

Looking at similar recent releases, the mancrushers for AoS are $125 for 75 pounds, so maybe 140-150 then?

They're 140 USD

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,796 posts

Aha sorry dude didn’t see your post. 

• 01RTB01 likes this

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,666 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

Well with these replacing the Start Collecting boxes I had to put an order into my FLGS for a few of the SC so I don't get frakked on some planned projects when they get replaced with stuff I don't really need.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts

Aha sorry dude didn’t see your post.

No apologies needed. The cost is more horrifying than anything:)
  • Axineton likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,745 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Just in time to spook your wallet for Halloween.
  • Firedrake Cordova and 01RTB01 like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 53 posts
These are replacing the SC boxes? Ugh. Guess the sisters army box will become a combat patrol since it sits at just under 500 points.

It’s a bit sad to me, since I like to buy SC boxes of whatever faction has my fancy and see how I like building them. Then they upped the sc prices a bit, and it slowed my army on a whim purchasing, now this... yikes.

It’s going to be real interesting to see what they do for the holiday battleforce armies (if they do them this year). I feel like a lot of stuff has really gotten bumped up lately.
  • Marshal Loss and Detjan like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

These are replacing the SC boxes? Ugh. Guess the sisters army box will become a combat patrol since it sits at just under 500 points.

Same contents, extra price for the shiny new box I bet... 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 494 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

Now that GW have confirmed that these boxes are intended to provide a complete 25PL/500pt Combat Patrol it will be interesting to see how they handle factions like Guard who can end up with a LOT of models in a 25PL list...

I expect a Guard box will have to be relatively vehicle heavy in order to get the PL up. Could make it a very good deal. 

Daemons, AdMech and Orks are all in a similar spot. 

• Sandlemad, Lord Raven 19 and Detjan like this

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,985 posts

It's a tough call between the Space Wolves Combat Patrol, or Hyrule Warriors x Watch Dogs Legion for me.

mkbKIlr.png

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

It's a tough call between the Space Wolves Combat Patrol, or Hyrule Warriors x Watch Dogs Legion for me.

Vidya always gets massively discounted in a few months unlike GW stuff which is a static price in comparison, so you could do both if you can wait. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,298 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Vidya always gets massively discounted in a few months unlike GW stuff which is a static price in comparison, so you could do both if you can wait. 

HAHAHA...laugh.png  what gamer ever waits a few months...most want everything now or yesterday.... yes.gif  you are correct though msn-wink.gif

i see price creep in GW's boxes... another year or two and we'll be going hmm this $500 box is so cheap for entry level into 40k ...huh.png

Mithril

• Inquisitor Eisenhorn and Slave to Darkness like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts

HAHAHA...laugh.png  what gamer ever waits a few months...most want everything now or yesterday.... yes.gif  you are correct though msn-wink.gif

i see price creep in GW's boxes... another year or two and we'll be going hmm this $500 box is so cheap for entry level into 40k ...huh.png

Mithril

Maybe for the next GW questionnaire people actually voice their displeasure for once? 

• mithrilforge, Inquisitor Eisenhorn, Lord Marshal and 2 others like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users