Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No Renegades & Heretics in Imperial Armour :(

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 982 posts

Source: https://www.warhamme...our-compendium/

• N1SB and Tallarn Commander like this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 882 posts
Sigh.

It's too bad because I spent the last 4 years painting up 158 infantry, 16 hounds, 2 walkers, 2 tanks, and 3 Earthshakers for my Renegades and Heretics army. I finally finished the project last fall.

In casual games can probably convince opponents to let me use the old 8th Edition rules once the pandemic ends. But my R&H army, the Nostroman 9th, were a fun army to bring to local tournaments. My opponents told me they loved playing against such a unique force and none of them had ever gone up against R&H before. And, as you all know, they certainly were not overpowered.

RIP Nostroman 9th
  • Marshal Loss, librisrouge, Zebulon and 3 others like this

My Chaos Blog (Night Lords, World Eaters, Renegades & Heretics)    http://www.bolterand...ds-vs-tallarns/

My Imperial Guard Blog (Tallarn 23rd)   http://www.bolterand...larn-23rd-blog/

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,325 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

We all saw this coming. Now is the time to hope for a mainline Lost and the Damned codex. Even if it's just called Traitor Guard...Hereticus Militarum?

• Goreshed, Marshal Loss, Lucerne and 3 others like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,294 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Really hope this is a sign that LATD/R&H are getting a proper army in the near future. Probably not, but still...one can hope.

• Lucerne and Tallarn Commander like this

bRxSYDV.png

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,211 posts

Yeah, at best this is leaving us hanging  until GW does it.

At worst, it's actively insulting and just further reduces the validity of GW rules relative to any old homebrew that's more likely to be fun and is unlikely to be less balanced.

• Tallarn Commander likes this

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,082 posts

I suspect they'll retire the list, and instead opt for "inclusion" in a potential Lost and the Damned / Hereticus Militarum book further down the line. It'd give them more room to play with, and allow the main studio to stamp their identity on stuff like Mutant Hordes, Marauders and so forth.

Called it way back, amongst others. I'll be holding to this for the time being.

mkbKIlr.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Well guess thats saved me the stress of starting an army just to have it gutted again... May as well put all these bits I have been sorting back into the box of crap to be forgotten about until I feel the need to build Cultists... 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
  • Location:The Darkest Depths of the Eye etc Cheshire, United Kingdom

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use dry.png

Blood Angels 3rd Company 8th Edition - Won /Draw /Loss : 2/1/3

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,240 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

On the one hand, boooooooo.

On the other hand, given the presence of renegade models in BSF, perhaps we're FINALLY getting a proper 'dex?

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,384 posts

Its a real shame, mine barely got off the ground but I do have faith we'll get something in the future. It's too big a part of the universe not to address and they're not dummies, it'd be printing money. It just likely wont be until everyone gets their 9th updates at the minimum.

Edited by PeteySödes, 27 October 2020 - 05:11 PM.

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts
It sucks that they haven’t revived R&H. I too hope for a codex release from GW, but I’m kind of skeptical. At least now I can kit bash whatever I want for my army and not feel bad about it because there are no army lists to follow
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use dry.png

I would do but I also have a Guard army, that I have just started expanding with Krieg...down.gif

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 611 posts

Completely not surprised at all, specially when they pulled the chaos traitors mini's from the line up.

But as others have said, maybe we will finally get a codex out of all of this. Failing that? I'll stick with the tried and true method of using the IG dex and keep on keeping on. Usually get a few kudos points for coming up with the various fluffy aspects of it.

• ChazSexington and Tallarn Commander like this

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,110 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard
Kinda curious as to what the BnC chooses to do with this subforum. It’s been a bit slow- L&D are not the most popular army. Guess we will just get lumped in with those slightly less grubby loyalists.

Traitor Guard are dead, long live Traitor Guard!

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts

Kinda curious as to what the BnC chooses to do with this subforum. It’s been a bit slow- L&D are not the most popular army. Guess we will just get lumped in with those slightly less grubby loyalists.

Traitor Guard are dead, long live Traitor Guard!

I hope they keep it around. It also serves as the forum for the Chaos Knights
Posted Image

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 982 posts

I'm gutted, as I've got this whole project ready to roll. I might have to do it with the VILE IG codex, but there you go. 

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,929 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade

I mean Servants of the Abyss rules wise up to 1k isn't actually too abysmal. Honestly take there core rules, let you take larger and/or more squads of Negavolts and Beastman. Add Sentinals, and Leman Russes as options, moderately fixing the Gaurdsman and Cultists loadouts. Then expend Servants of Mallax, to include Traitor Commissars as Mallax and have Mallax be generic chaos lord style unit and its not terrible.

Or I guess in order of 'fixes' for Servants to make them 'reasonable'

-Easy Fix

1) Commissars count as Mallax for Servants of Abyss

2) Allow Negavolts and Beastmans in Squads Larger of 4 (4-12 Perhaps) and remove the squad limit for units like Traitor Gaurdsman.

*Beastman then take slots. Or have a rule you must take the smallest number of squads for number of beastman you have

-Enter DIY Territory

3) Allow you to take Iconic IG Tanks (Russes, and Sentinals etc)

4) Fix Weapon Loadout on Traitor Gaurdsman 

-Going Very Far Basically New Rules

5) Mallax can be replaced by any Chaos Big Character (Sorcecor, Lord or Daemon Prince)

6) Chaos Space Marines replaced by Chosen/Cult Troops

But atleast changing 1&2 makes army reasonableish not great but reasonable

PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers

This was expected but still annoys me a lot. After the Renegades list in the campaign book for the 13th Black Crusade many years ago stoppedbeing valid, this is now the second time I have to shelve this army. Of course I can use the IG codex, but since I usually combine my R&H with my Iron Warriors army, this will always require additional agreements with my opponent beforehand. And I find that tiring.

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
  • Location:The Darkest Depths of the Eye etc Cheshire, United Kingdom

I would do but I also have a Guard army, that I have just started expanding with Krieg...down.gif

Ahhhh yeah I don`t blame you there dry.png either that or GSC? 

Blood Angels 3rd Company 8th Edition - Won /Draw /Loss : 2/1/3

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use dry.png

Ahhhh yeah I don`t blame you there dry.png either that or GSC?

Honestly GSC would be a good way to represent R&H, better then AM. Only downside is you couldn’t take Space Marines as counts as Chaos marines
Posted Image

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use dry.png

Ahhhh yeah I don`t blame you there dry.png either that or GSC?
Honestly GSC would be a good way to represent R&H, better then AM. Only downside is you couldn’t take Space Marines as counts as Chaos marines

But on the plus side you can take Tyranids as counts as Daemons.

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,929 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
Mayhe they sre legended and get better rules? Food for thouggt
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,236 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Pretty sure R&H are going to get Legends rules in November, yeah. I don't know if that's good, since it would nix the possibility of a codex and updated model line.

• N1SB likes this

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts

Missed opportunity by GW in my opinion if they dont do some form of LatD or R&H.

Give Chaos players an alternative that isn't just a hanger-on to CSMs/Daemons with no identity. Lots to work with - mutants and abhumans, Ogryn, Marauders, good vehicle or two...

Id buy.

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,240 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Given that the army is currently without rules for this edition, and IIRC the 8th edition rules sucked, I'm tempted to start writing a fandex for them. Possibly a bad idea as my experience with writing rules is precisely zero, but it'd be something? I've already got all sorts of silly ideas for it (notably it being a "Lost and the Damned" 'dex rather than just "IG with spikes") but I'm probably getting ahead of myself...

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users