No Renegades & Heretics in Imperial Armour :(

ChazSexington

Sigh.

It's too bad because I spent the last 4 years painting up 158 infantry, 16 hounds, 2 walkers, 2 tanks, and 3 Earthshakers for my Renegades and Heretics army. I finally finished the project last fall.

In casual games can probably convince opponents to let me use the old 8th Edition rules once the pandemic ends. But my R&H army, the Nostroman 9th, were a fun army to bring to local tournaments. My opponents told me they loved playing against such a unique force and none of them had ever gone up against R&H before. And, as you all know, they certainly were not overpowered.

RIP Nostroman 9th

I suspect they'll retire the list, and instead opt for "inclusion" in a potential Lost and the Damned / Hereticus Militarum book further down the line. It'd give them more room to play with, and allow the main studio to stamp their identity on stuff like Mutant Hordes, Marauders and so forth.

Called it way back, amongst others. I'll be holding to this for the time being.

Well guess thats saved me the stress of starting an army just to have it gutted again... May as well put all these bits I have been sorting back into the box of crap to be forgotten about until I feel the need to build Cultists... 

Its a real shame, mine barely got off the ground but I do have faith we'll get something in the future. It's too big a part of the universe not to address and they're not dummies, it'd be printing money. It just likely wont be until everyone gets their 9th updates at the minimum.

Edited by PeteySödes

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use :dry.:

I would do but I also have a Guard army, that I have just started expanding with Krieg...:down:

Completely not surprised at all, specially when they pulled the chaos traitors mini's from the line up.

But as others have said, maybe we will finally get a codex out of all of this. Failing that? I'll stick with the tried and true method of using the IG dex and keep on keeping on. Usually get a few kudos points for coming up with the various fluffy aspects of it.

Kinda curious as to what the BnC chooses to do with this subforum. It’s been a bit slow- L&D are not the most popular army. Guess we will just get lumped in with those slightly less grubby loyalists.

Traitor Guard are dead, long live Traitor Guard!

I hope they keep it around. It also serves as the forum for the Chaos Knights

I mean Servants of the Abyss rules wise up to 1k isn't actually too abysmal. Honestly take there core rules, let you take larger and/or more squads of Negavolts and Beastman. Add Sentinals, and Leman Russes as options, moderately fixing the Gaurdsman and Cultists loadouts. Then expend Servants of Mallax, to include Traitor Commissars as Mallax and have Mallax be generic chaos lord style unit and its not terrible.

Or I guess in order of 'fixes' for Servants to make them 'reasonable'

-Easy Fix

1) Commissars count as Mallax for Servants of Abyss

2) Allow Negavolts and Beastmans in Squads Larger of 4 (4-12 Perhaps) and remove the squad limit for units like Traitor Gaurdsman.

*Beastman then take slots. Or have a rule you must take the smallest number of squads for number of beastman you have

-Enter DIY Territory

3) Allow you to take Iconic IG Tanks (Russes, and Sentinals etc)

4) Fix Weapon Loadout on Traitor Gaurdsman 

-Going Very Far Basically New Rules

5) Mallax can be replaced by any Chaos Big Character (Sorcecor, Lord or Daemon Prince)

6) Chaos Space Marines replaced by Chosen/Cult Troops

But atleast changing 1&2 makes army reasonableish not great but reasonable

This was expected but still annoys me a lot. After the Renegades list in the campaign book for the 13th Black Crusade many years ago stoppedbeing valid, this is now the second time I have to shelve this army. Of course I can use the IG codex, but since I usually combine my R&H with my Iron Warriors army, this will always require additional agreements with my opponent beforehand. And I find that tiring.

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use :dry.:

I would do but I also have a Guard army, that I have just started expanding with Krieg...:down:

Ahhhh yeah I don`t blame you there :dry.: either that or GSC? 

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use :dry.:

Ahhhh yeah I don`t blame you there :dry.: either that or GSC?

Honestly GSC would be a good way to represent R&H, better then AM. Only downside is you couldn’t take Space Marines as counts as Chaos marines

*sigh* Looks like I`m gonna have to dig my Imperil Guard Codex out then to use :dry.:

Ahhhh yeah I don`t blame you there :dry.: either that or GSC?
Honestly GSC would be a good way to represent R&H, better then AM. Only downside is you couldn’t take Space Marines as counts as Chaos marines

But on the plus side you can take Tyranids as counts as Daemons.

Missed opportunity by GW in my opinion if they dont do some form of LatD or R&H.

Give Chaos players an alternative that isn't just a hanger-on to CSMs/Daemons with no identity. Lots to work with - mutants and abhumans, Ogryn, Marauders, good vehicle or two...

Id buy.

Given that the army is currently without rules for this edition, and IIRC the 8th edition rules sucked, I'm tempted to start writing a fandex for them. Possibly a bad idea as my experience with writing rules is precisely zero, but it'd be something? I've already got all sorts of silly ideas for it (notably it being a "Lost and the Damned" 'dex rather than just "IG with spikes") but I'm probably getting ahead of myself...