Battle Report: Grey Knights vs Thousand Sons (New Video!)

Icosiel

Good evening, battle-brothers.

In honor of the theme of this month's Silver Fire of Dawn, I played against Tzeentch daemons and sorcerers this weekend. This game was a ton of fun. I... apologize in advance for not representing our chapter properly in this battle. This was not my finest game. I hope you enjoy anyway!

I don't play Grey Knights but it seemed to me you had a lot of points tied op in characters you didn't get any value from - I kept expecting the Chaplain to join up with one of the two nearby squads and add a Heroes attacks to their strike, instead each unit was sort of fed in piecemeal. Also was there a plan behind all the reserves? it seems to me you'd have had better use from the Dreadnights starting them on the table and combining their shooting with the and Raider to really make a dent in some rubrics/demons.

I don't play Grey Knights but it seemed to me you had a lot of points tied op in characters you didn't get any value from - I kept expecting the Chaplain to join up with one of the two nearby squads and add a Heroes attacks to their strike, instead each unit was sort of fed in piecemeal. Also was there a plan behind all the reserves? it seems to me you'd have had better use from the Dreadnights starting them on the table and combining their shooting with the and Raider to really make a dent in some rubrics/demons.

I absolutely went too much on characters. I was blinded by the draw of more Dominus powers. Next time I will certainly throw my 10-man squad of Paladins back into the mix.

I overdid it on reserves, definitely. I expected to open up a hole in his backline turn one and drop everyone down back there, casually getting Linebreaker every turn and making his job harder. But he screened me out and that didn't work! My force deployment was a mess.