First go a 9th edition list

Cruor Vault

I've been holding off on making any 9th edition lists until I knew what was going to happen to my treasured FW Dreadnoughts (it's not pretty).  Now that I know, I've begun toying around with lists.

Ideally the characters can hand out around one or more of the dreads/intercessor squads to benefit from "Look Out Sir!".  But the list also has the ability to open up and spread out over quite a bit of distance thanks to the Vox Relic and Inspired Command Stratagem.  It sucks losing out on the LT re-rolls, but with 4 dreads I should be able to maintain it through Wisdom of the Ancients for at least a few turns.  The Master of the Forge makes the Dreadnought posse into a truly terrifying melee threat, with each dread throwing out 6 Attacks dealing 3 damage (+d3 on the Redemptors).

With 18 MM shots it should be able to thoroughly trash vehicle lists, and through outflanking and terrain should be able to weather Alpha Strikes pretty well.  Originally I was floating around using a Chapter Master, but with the loss of any single big unit to buff I don't think it's too much of a loss.  Blade Guard are tough and should be able to advance to cover objectives and provide significant melee threat.  Finally, because of the quantity of MM shots, the Redemptor Dreads should be able to focus their Plasma onto heavy infantry units.  I think the list is a little light on horde clearing, but for the moment the major boogey man is other marine lists.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [101 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment CP

+ Stratagems +

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [6 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: Adept of the Codex, Rites of War, Seal of Oath, Stratagem: Exemplar of the Chapter, Warlord

Chief Librarian Tigurius [7 PL, -1CP, 135pts]: 1) Veil of Time, 2) Might of Heroes, 6) Psychic Fortress (Aura)

Primaris Techmarine [5 PL, -1CP, 110pts]: Chapter Command:  Master of the Forge, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Vox Espiritum, Warden of the Ancients

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]

. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades

. Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Bolt rifle

. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Bolt rifle

. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 175pts]

. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted Power Sword, 4x Storm Shield

. Bladeguard Veteran Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 175pts]

. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted Power Sword, 4x Storm Shield

. Bladeguard Veteran Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 150pts]: Multi-melta

Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 150pts]: Multi-melta

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad [2 PL, 55pts]

. Attack Bike: Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [6 PL, 120pts]: Melta rifle

. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol

. Eradicator Sgt

Eradicator Squad [6 PL, 120pts]: Melta rifle

. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol

. Eradicator Sgt

++ Total: [101 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

I like this a lot. I think my only concern is some longer range anti tank as your main anti tank could get taken out before it hits range, and having to factor in your Eradicators getting screened but outside of that it's very solid. I'd possibly find some points for lascannons etc on your contemptors.

I like this a lot. I think my only concern is some longer range anti tank as your main anti tank could get taken out before it hits range, and having to factor in your Eradicators getting screened but outside of that it's very solid. I'd possibly find some points for lascannons etc on your contemptors.

With smaller boards and 8" moves you can get the Contemptors to pretty much anywhere they need to be.  Doubled with Rapid Redeploy strat it's going to be nearly impossible for an opponent to hide from them and the bike.  I think the Eradicators are the "oooohhh BIG SCARY!" in the list, so popping them into reserve to spook people should have a significant psychological impact as well as giving them great options for mid game action performance.

You can't put Lascannons on the Contemptors, you're thinking of the Relic Contemptors which got severely nerfed.  Namely EACH of them costs 1CP for no benefit beyond more weapon options.

Edited by Cruor Vault

I was! Poor reading from my end. Longer range firepower is more my personal taste but I agree two units of Eradicators are a sweet point and certainly get the attention