2k Necron List - Beginner

Bloodgrave

Hey Guys,

I bought the Indomitus Necron half off a friend when it first dropped, purely because the new models looked cool, but i had no real desire to play them. 

However, since the new codex and more models have been released, im feeling the hype! Never played Necrons nor against them. 

So i sketched this list out and want your opinion before i run off and buy the remaining models. Will ramble my thoughts on why they are here.

Silent King - Model is so cool. Guys a weapon. Explosion on death, just sick.

Cryptek 1 - Control node, purely for the Doomstalkers, because anything shooty that is BS 4+ makes me sad.

Cryptek 2 - Veil of Darkness, jump him and the x18 warriors within Gauss Reaper range. Arkana, -1 BS for an enemy within 12"? yes please.

Warriors - Gauss Reapers for up close after the Veil, other 2 warriors units may get in range... eventually. Or give those 2 units Flayers.

C'Tan Nightbringer - Everyone raves how insane he is, on paper he looks like he is.

Lychguard - Hardy unit to bully a mid board objective. Am half thinking about replacing this unit with a 3rd Doomstalker, as i probably dont need a 

another bully, what with the C'Tan and Silent King coming mid board (and -1CP to change from Patrol to Battalion)

Wraiths - Fast and another bully. WS 4+ is a turnoff, so whipcoils over claws for more dice. Would replace these with a 3rd Doomstalker, 

but would also have to reduce my x18 Warrior unit to x15, because of points (and -1CP to change from Patrol to Battalion)

Doomstalkers - Sick models. Potential damage output is high end. BS 3+ with the Control Node nearby is essential. Torn about getting a 3rd (after

booting either the Lychaguard or the Wraiths and x3 Warriors)

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Necrons) [23 PL, , 450pts] ++

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Mephrit

+ Lord of War +

The Silent King

2x Triarchal Menhir: 2x Annihilator Beam

++ Patrol Detachment (Necrons) [77 PL, 10CP, 1,549pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cryptek 1

Technomancer: Canoptek Control Node

Cryptek 2

Technomancer: Arkana: Cryptogeometric Adjuster, Relic: Veil of Darkness

+ Troops +

Necron Warriors

18x Necron Warrior: 18x Gauss Reaper

Necron Warriors

10x Necron Warrior: 10x Gauss Reaper

Necron Warriors

10x Necron Warrior: 10x Gauss Reaper

+ Elites +

C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer: Power of the C'tan: Cosmic Fire

5x Lychguard: Hyperphase Sword and Dispersion Shield

+ Fast Attack +

3x Canoptek Wraith: 3x Whip Coils

+ Heavy Support +

Canoptek Doomstalker

Canoptek Doomstalker

++ Total: [100 PL, 10CP, 1,999pts] ++

Hey Link2wdition, i did see your posts about the games you had with them and how they performed. With so many units that are 10man and over are you not worried about BLAST weapons at all? I guess its the Space Marine in me, but why not x2 5man units of Lychguard?

Additionally, do you know if the bearer of the Relic "Veil of Darkness" has to actually move himself? Or can he just move another unit and not go with them?

Edited by Bloodgrave

Hey Link2wdition, i did see your posts about the games you had with them and how they performed. With so many units that are 10man and over are you not worried about BLAST weapons at all? I guess its the Space Marine in me, but why not x2 5man units of Lychguard?

Additionally, do you know if the bearer of the Relic "Veil of Darkness" has to actually move himself? Or can he just move another unit and not go with them?

Unlike space marines we don't have many aura based buffs outside the silent king. So a lot of what we get can only target a single unit MWBD, strats, etc. This makes it far better to go for larger squads. Reanimation also favours this approach. Blast is only really a big up tick in shots at 11+ models. Generally d6 weapons don't want to shoot lychguard anyway.

Veil does require the hq unit to go with them. You can veil an hq on their own but not a core unit on their own. And specifies the core unit must be set up within 3" if the character wherever they end up.

Thanks for the feedback guys, i have had a good think about it and have settled on the following list, it should be a steady starting point and can always build on it if i want to lean into Necrons heavily, time and games will tell.

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment 0CP (Necrons) [23 PL, , 450pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

The Silent King: 2x Triarchal Menhir: 2x Annihilator Beam

++ Battalion Detachment -3CP (Necrons) [76 PL, 10CP, 1,550pts] ++

+ HQ +

Crypteks: Technomancer: Canoptek Control Node

Crypteks: Technomancer: Canoptek Cloak, Relic: Veil of Darkness

Crpyteks: Chronomancer: Entropic Lance

+ Troops +

x5 Immortals: Gauss Blaster