Wishlist for a supplement

Medjugorje

I want to change the discussion,... after what we saw in the new supplements I think we will get:

- additional WL Trait for the WL (must be from the supplement)

- which character upgrades is possible... I think on the VOW system for our EC or maybe better Chaplains.

- Most of the Stratagems which BA, SW had are in the Supplement. So I think we will have 80 percent or more from what we have now in the index.

- Special Issue Wargear

- biggest question for me: will GW change our superdoctrine because it is unchanged from PA to the Supplements for SW and BA

Well, GW made a new super Doctrine for Deathwatch, so it is certainly possible that they might change the BT super Doctrine.

If they did, my vote would be as follows:

"When he Assault Doctrine is active, all Black Templar units gain the following abilities:"

*Unmodified hits of 6 by BT units against non-Vehicle enemy units automatically wound

*All BT Core units within 6" of a friendly BT Chaplain gain -1AP to their melee weapons on a turn in which they charged, were charged, or Heroically Intervened

:wink:

I dont think so but the question is WHY.

What do you think will be there.

We already know what is in Supplement DW, SW and already leaked BA. And for the character upgrades i cannot see anything else then better chaplains (which would be great) and/or Emperors Champion with Vow System which would be awesome too ( most important thing we ever wished for since we lost it). The only thing we have to fear is that we would end in a campaign book again.

Edited by Medjugorje

my question was more about what we can expect then what we want.

The answer to that one is much easier.

Disappointment.

No need to be so grim!

Let's see how Helbrecth rumour pans out before throwing our arms down in defeat.

4 people have heard about it, and I'm pretty sure all from different sources.

So I'm positive there is some truth on it.

Edited by Sete

my question was more about what we can expect then what we want.

The answer to that one is much easier.

Disappointment.

No need to be so grim!

Let's see how Helbrecth rumour pans out before throwing our arms down in defeat.

4 people have heard about it, and I'm pretty sure all from different sources.

So I'm positive there is some truth on it.

Who are you, and what have you done with Sete?

The "quality" of the recent rumor sources makes me think there is something to them rather than just being hot air.

This really is a watershed moment though, they pretty much have to pan out this time or I'll never believe a rumor again. Heck I still can't quite say I'm without doubt this time. Been burned too often

and faith and fury wasnt bad - it was uncomplete (and it had a bad superdoctrine). 

And SW + BA + DW had no new models... And do you really think GW would have a year (2021) without a space marine release? Dark Angels are in 2021 but too close to the space marine codex so I expect maximum 1 primarised character but this is our year

I wonder because this sword is not even good in terms of rules. But on what unit you want to have this swords?

just general equipment. its the old rules for the wulfen great frost axe. (which has since been nerfed)

would be fun on some assault intercessors, replacing the chainsword

Edited by Triszin

So, Blood Angels lost quite a lot of their better relics* they also lost many of their good stratagems, and often the ones that remained got generally made worse. Our new unique primaris unit isn't very good (death company intercessors) and has pretty nonsensical options (really hope for an errata). Most of our other unique stuff is a side grade (sanguinary guard vs vanguard) or a straight downgrade (our unique dreadnaughts suck and the baal is pretty poor too). Our unique non special characters are a mixed bag (sanguinary priest is very good, sanguinary ancient is... eh). We lost one of our character options (no more death company chaplains) and our special characters are mostly at least decent, but some took pretty heavy nerfs compared to 8th. What we did get was a couple of new flavourful rules that are very restricted in their use (death visions of sanguinius), some pretty great matched play mission objectives and the area we honestly seem to shine is our crusade rules, where we got a pretty impressive collection of relics, including a specific item from the HH game which is beastly and some really flavourful rules.

So, I'd expect you to have roughly:

• 6 warlord traits (technically, as a successor, you should have 3 like flesh tearers, but as you got your own book, you'll get 6)
  • 5-6 relics
  • 6-8 special issue wargear, some will be generic but I guess 2-4 will be chapter specific, a couple of our old relics became special issue wargear for example
  • 2 pages of stratagems, probably some will be great and some will be sucky, one will probably be a once per game upgrade to your regular doctrine
  • your characters will all be there
  • you'll probably either get 1 new character that is primaris or have one character get upgraded to primaris
  • you'll get at least one primaris unique unit, as others said, probably crusaders or sword brethren, maybe both?
  • you'll probably get some form of limited new special rule - probably vows, but they wont be army wide, probably a thing your characters can do, like sagas for wolves and death visions for (Death company) blood angels
  • you'll get some fancy crusade rules

For real I would have loved for us to have gotten that treatment in 6th instead of losing everything except a unit and the characters. If that is what Blood Angels consider bad then consider yourselves lucky because if we do get a proper supplement and it has all that then you bet your butt Im gonna be extremely happy, we'll see what we get because Im still on the camp of us just getting a White Dwarf article and an upgrade sprue.