Wishlist for a supplement

Medjugorje

Should consider running fires of devotion on one of the chaplains and running assault intercessors instead of crusaders. On the charge you'll have 5 attacks each 2+1+1+1 means every model gets an autowound pretty much. They don't cost much more than crusaders and they can actually perform if they need to. Crusaders are cheap but they are literally just an ornament base 1 attack S4, -1 AP... Even if you make it into melee most shooting units will swing back harder than the crusaders swing haha

You should also consider that with every intercassor lost you'll lose all those 5 attacks.
I mean... Obviously? With any model lost you lose all their attacks. I don't really see the point you are making.

I've watched Implausible Nature play multiple intercessor squads in most their games, haven't seen them run many crusader squads. As far as I know IN are the most competitive Templar players right now. So, I lean towards following their example.

We appreciate the support, truly! Alex and I are tuned to competitive play, though I am the tournament goer. With that being said, we do make mistakes and are not infallible. While I have won many tournaments over the years, so have a number of other players. We might be the household name for the BT community, but there are great BT players out there.

You are the Commander of the the Eternal Crusader. You are our flaggship.

@BBF - Blood Angels deepstriking LR was 5th edition.

In 3rd edition we could take more then 1 LRC (dont know if dedicated transports were a thing back then).

The LRC as dedicated transport was 100 percent in 4th edition codex AND in all others too. But LRC were not good after 5th edition.

Edited by Medjugorje

• 4 weeks later...

After so much discussions and rumors I think I have an idea how our Supplement could be. its just a thought but over last month I often hit the nail about a lot of things.

GW really try to write the rules that the specific playstyle (how a army should be played in the lore) works well + new designed rulsets which are based on beloved old mechanics . Dark eldar for example are very fast and hit extremly hard, they dont defend anything - its an army which attack. Death guard is slowly roll over the enemy. Grey Knights are a real melee army now. Very scary. And after rumors were posted, i remember that our chapter doctrine used to be a very aggressive mechanized assault force focused on short distance and close combat. So it means not one fully buffed squad with devine protection is going forward and kill something .... our whole army is charging. After the vehicle kid and ( rumors said invulvs on tanks) a high possibility for having better transports  +  melee SB and CS we will get something like this:

I think one of our Vows "Accept any challenge, no matter the odds" will come back with "fight first" abilite for each unitand reroll all hits in assault doctrine for example. 

What we saw often is that units with a strong "belief" get "no rerolls for the enemy". So I think it could be a stratagem for us.

• 1 month later...

It became obsolete the minute there was models for the latter :wink::tongue.:

The whole 8th edition the normal Captain used to be better then the Primaris ones. 

The main problem for Marines is the current state of the game. You have to "trade" effeciently. We used to be in a good spot because the 5 man squad was the cheapest troop choice. The new Primaris Crusadersquad is at least 6x19 points + 4x14 if not way pricier. I dont know how this choice could be competitive in any way - even they would deal 3 MW each turn in addition to any other damage.... NOT EVEN THEN

Edited by Medjugorje

tbh I hope they retain the Sword Brother being optional, but allow me to run an Initiate with sergeant weapons; I made Assault Intercessor sergeants that I just don't feel comfortable painting as Sword Brethren anymore because of the amount of bling on the new ones lol

tbh I hope they retain the Sword Brother being optional, but allow me to run an Initiate with sergeant weapons; I made Assault Intercessor sergeants that I just don't feel comfortable painting as Sword Brethren anymore because of the amount of bling on the new ones lol

from a competitive view its not an option. You have to take one