Wishlist for a supplement

Medjugorje

I don't think we think it's bad, it's simply a small step down (for matched play) from what we had in 8th. The main takeaway is that our army is REALLY flavourful in narrative play, and is functionally worse than it was in matched play during 8th. The only "bad" thing for me is that Death Company Intercessors were treated pretty badly (much like Veteran Intercessors were).

I was listing the stuff to give (hopefully) a reasonable idea of what you /should/ expect, I'm not sure how many strats/relics/warlord traits you currently have, but compare those numbers to the numbers I listed and it's probably a reasonable indication, if you have fewer than those numbers, you'll likely gain some, if you have more, you'll likely lose some. You may lose some things anyway to get some new different things.

I'd probably not expect to have Vows be army wide UNLESS they replace the doctrine rule entirely, otherwise it'll probably be character only, maybe even specific character(s) only (Emperors champion for example). I'd expect you'll get at least one primaris unit, because they all seem to be as they roll out, but I'd not EXPECT more than that etc.

p.s. we know what its like to get treated rubbish, we had it in 4th, when you got a fancy codex, we had a very badly put together white dwarf codex lol.

BUT, it isn't a competition, I was one of the many people that included the request for BT to get a proper update!

p.p.s. I think you're all but guaranteed a supplement at this point, lots of sources seem to suggest it now.

Edited by Blindhamster

Man, you guys have had it too good too long. We'd kill for that list!

Blood Angels used to have really great stratagems and relics and WL-Traits.

We dont have that much great stuff ( excluding 3 Relics and 4 Stratagems). 

After BA used to have a few really good things in their codex which are lost in the supplement we arent in this position. Maybe we could loose 2 Stratagems, 2 Relics and 2 WL Traits and replaced by 8 Stratagems, 2 Relics and 2 WL-Traits.

And our stuff is not that old like the BA Stragem (3d6 to charge) is from the early 8th edition.

btw... i remember the 5th edition and rebirth of the Blood Angels with their new codex.

Edited by Medjugorje

I don't think we think it's bad, it's simply a small step down (for matched play) from what we had in 8th. The main takeaway is that our army is REALLY flavourful in narrative play, and is functionally worse than it was in matched play during 8th. The only "bad" thing for me is that Death Company Intercessors were treated pretty badly (much like Veteran Intercessors were).

I was listing the stuff to give (hopefully) a reasonable idea of what you /should/ expect, I'm not sure how many strats/relics/warlord traits you currently have, but compare those numbers to the numbers I listed and it's probably a reasonable indication, if you have fewer than those numbers, you'll likely gain some, if you have more, you'll likely lose some. You may lose some things anyway to get some new different things.

I'd probably not expect to have Vows be army wide UNLESS they replace the doctrine rule entirely, otherwise it'll probably be character only, maybe even specific character(s) only (Emperors champion for example). I'd expect you'll get at least one primaris unit, because they all seem to be as they roll out, but I'd not EXPECT more than that etc.

p.s. we know what its like to get treated rubbish, we had it in 4th, when you got a fancy codex, we had a very badly put together white dwarf codex lol.

BUT, it isn't a competition, I was one of the many people that included the request for BT to get a proper update!

p.p.s. I think you're all but guaranteed a supplement at this point, lots of sources seem to suggest it now.

I’m thankful for the insight!

I'm sure some of this has been mentioned buuuuut:

+Primaris Crusader Squad (a nice upgrade box like the current one would be great too)

+Primaris Helbrecht, Grimaldus, and Emperor's Champion (take them out of being Finecast)

+Fix the Doctrine bonus

I don't want to be too greedy, so I'm aiming at the basic stuff we need.

Echoing what others have said, I'd like:

- a plastic character sculpt

- a primaris chapter upgrade kit

- a unique unit along the lines of the Sons of Morkai/DC Intercessors; ideally a Crusader Squad or Sword Brethren.

Now for my evaluation of what updated character I would like, versus what others may want/what would be the best HQ to update.

The character I'd prefer get an update is Grimaldus, simply because I enjoy Helsreach, and I think he has a neat design. He's also a character that GW would have to give a helmet (maybe I shouldn't say that, look what happened to poor Shrike), and I prefer HQ's to have helmet options. I can see why he might not be the best choice practically, though. For one, some people might not be too interested in another foot slogging chaplain now that a bike chaplain is available. Another factor is his retinue of servitors: do they include them in a plastic update? If so, it would be more expensive.

An Emperor's Champion would be wonderful, but my reservations lie in potential changes to the design. The EC's design is so simple and elegant, and fluff-wise the EC is supposed to wear relic armor. If an updated EC's armor was too similar to Mk. X Tacticus, it would feel off to me. This is the character that I feel would see the most use by players, as he doesn't step on the toes of people's custom Marshals or anything if they'd rather use their own dude versus a named character.

Finally, there's Helbrecht who seems the most likely based on the number of reports. I'm not as interested in him as the other two, but it should be said that I haven't read many stories with him, so that could change. Ideally they'd give him a helmet option, but seeing as he didn't have one originally, and they stopped giving primaris named HQ's helmeted options after Calgar for some reason, it seems less likely to me. If Helbrecht gets updated we might finally get a Primaris character with a combi-weapon, which would be cool.

The character I'd prefer get an update is Grimaldus, simply because I enjoy Helsreach, and I think he has a neat design. He's also a character that GW would have to give a helmet (maybe I shouldn't say that, look what happened to poor Shrike), and I prefer HQ's to have helmet options. I can see why he might not be the best choice practically, though. For one, some people might not be too interested in another foot slogging chaplain now that a bike chaplain is available. Another factor is his retinue of servitors: do they include them in a plastic update? If so, it would be more expensive.

An Emperor's Champion would be wonderful, but my reservations lie in potential changes to the design. The EC's design is so simple and elegant, and fluff-wise the EC is supposed to wear relic armor. If an updated EC's armor was too similar to Mk. X Tacticus, it would feel off to me. This is the character that I feel would see the most use by players, as he doesn't step on the toes of people's custom Marshals or anything if they'd rather use their own dude versus a named character.

Finally, there's Helbrecht who seems the most likely based on the number of reports. I'm not as interested in him as the other two, but it should be said that I haven't read many stories with him, so that could change. Ideally they'd give him a helmet option, but seeing as he didn't have one originally, and they stopped giving primaris named HQ's helmeted options after Calgar for some reason, it seems less likely to me. If Helbrecht gets updated we might finally get a Primaris character with a combi-weapon, which would be cool.

That was an insightful response... What was the issue with what Napalm said? I thought it all pretty reasonable.

I find the idea of a Primaris EC difficult to square. The EC does wear relic armour, so a Tacticus version would be weird. Also, there is nothing particularly special about the EC. Immediately prior to their 'awakening' they could be anyone in the chapter, from a neophyte to a marshal. (Both canon examples) The EC's stats are currently way better than the line trooper they were the day before, which would also apply to the primaris marine. They should be almost above the primaris/old marine divide, because once they ascend to that holy role, they are apart.

What I would like is one generic Emperor's Champion profile, but with a special rule that allows them to ride in any transport, and maybe still use transhuman. Basically make them primaris and not primaris all at once, to reflect the fact that any marine could have received the visions, primaris or not.

I think if they go with a blank chest plate and the Crusader pattern helm of the current EC, then a Primaris version would look fine. I don't think the MkX knees would really be that big of an issue personally.

why?

I prefer the EC and Grim because both dont have good rules at the moment but I would love each of them

I think if they go with a blank chest plate and the Crusader pattern helm of the current EC, then a Primaris version would look fine. I don't think the MkX knees would really be that big of an issue personally.

He just needs to be bigger, with more non-descript armour. The original metal EC had a unique backpack, pads and greaves.

He just needs to be bigger, with more non-descript armour. The original metal EC had a unique backpack, pads and greaves.

His backpack wasn't special, and his shoulder pads were MkIV IIRC, but solid point on the greaves.

Edited by Fulkes

Are we talking about the same one? I was talking about the OG Juan Diaz sculpt with the two handed grip. You're correct that the loin-cloth, raised sword EC had a standard backpack.

I was talking about the only one people can currently buy and is often pointed to as one of the most iconic models in the game:

99800101003_EmperorsChampionNEW_1.jpg

Are we talking about the same one? I was talking about the OG Juan Diaz sculpt with the two handed grip. You're correct that the loin-cloth, raised sword EC had a standard backpack.

I was talking about the only one people can currently buy and is often pointed to as one of the most iconic models in the game:

Oh, well I did say "original metal EC"

yes. when I played my Templars back in 3rd edition I always played Aac and of course continuing that in 5th edition when this rule was THE rule. 4th edition was the edition i didnt played ( except a few games while the edition was history).

And 5th editon i played destroy the witch every tournament until we were squated.

so for me this one Vow is the most important.

I used accept any challenge back in 5th when it became rage. So much fun. I never used the other vows.

It was the 6th edition when it become Rage. I really hated that because at this time you most times hit on 4s - and so it was a debuff ( at the start of 6th edition many people thought it was a buff - but I calculated each match up and finally the result was clear: reroll to hit was better then 2 attacks in charge because you had the reroll in each circumstance). Back in the 5th edition I was the dominant BT player in my country and many people copied my list.

Edited by Medjugorje

A thought crossed my mind: vows could become secondary objectives in the future. We can only pick one codex secondary and scoring VP for it would encourage leaning into the vow during game play.