Order of the Broken Sword - WIP

SkimaskMohawk

You're a skilled painter. I hope to see Ephrael Stern completed soon.

Me too! But she's on the low end of the priority scale behind a commission piece and the battle sisters + cherub.

Also, I was just gifted a Battle Sanctum which is quite nice since the price point felt...bad. I want to do the statue up in marble, but I'm not sure on how the baby wipe technique holds up to the scale and 3d nature of it as opposed to the normal surfaces where you see it.

• 1 month later...

I finally finished that cherub and the battle sisters (well, mostly). It took forever to feel satisfied with the cherub; I originally had the wings white and thought the loincloth was parchment and the model looked super out of place with the rest of the models. After I got some unifying colours down it fit in perfectly and I'm a lot more happy with it.

1090949_mb-.jpg

1090948_mb-.jpg

The battle sisters are also pretty much done barring some touch ups to the eyes and some details. They're  a blast to paint and I'm tempted to spend far too much time on them, so I'll get started on more and see if I want to do anything fancy later.

1090950-.jpg

very nice

Thanks!

So in the new points simulacrum are now free, guess I know what I'm adding in next since there's no point in not having someone with it in a battle sister squad.

If i understand correctly the simulacrum doesn't give you a free act of faith it just allows you to spend another on the same unit? If that's the function I don't see the exclusion of them that big of a deal for a basic battle squad.

Edit: it's free and you don't lose your boltgun so wth I guess.

Edited by Silas7

Yea the normal mechanics are one AoF per phase, so the simulacrum allows a unit to use a second act, or just use an act when something else already has. Combined with the cherub, every unit can pocket act in a clutch situation reliably.

It's cool that Simulacra are free- I always took one in any unit that could because I like to maximize faith. But I'm a Crusade player, and we didn't bother converting to points the way some Crusaders do, so gear was always free for me anyway.

For me it was a couple of things.

The first is I play points and the cherub seemed like a better choice; without investing too heavily into miracle generation the simulacrum didnt feel that useful compared to the cherub.

The second was that I was worried about committing a battle sister model that could be used as a special weapon model. That was more on me skimming the instructions and not looking at the alternate builds for that model.