FW knights changes

hermanista

Just got second hand knowledge so far.

Moriax dropped to 12" move, siege claws get a sweep attack.

Not seen other changes yet, but have the book on pre-order so will get a full look next week.

I'm optimistic that my current force hasn't changed much and planned additions will be ok. 

The hekaton siege claw on the Stryix/magaera now gets a 'smash' attack which basically works like a sweep. Maybe where the confusion has come from.

You can make out a lot of the knight stuff around the 24min mark here: 

Edited by DanPesci

Cool. I wonder if we can infer any changes for plastic variants down the line

Maybe a sweep attack for wardens/paladins/Gallants would be cool. Maybe just maybe points drops

The swapping to feet when you have a big giant sword always struck me as odd. Thematically it’s a bit weird, having a better in between sweep profile is a great idea

So I don't think FW knights lost stomp, Titanic Feet isn't listed on any of the sheets in the video. In the first page of the knight section it states that the abilities and weapons described are those unique to the FW knights. Abilities that match their codex brothers are described in that codex.

Titanic Feet is an option on ALL knights save the armigars. So I'm betting that we still get it, just that they didn't word it right. Seemed sus when the stats for the reaper chainsword aren't anywhere in on the Styrix and Mangra even though the datasheet says they can take the weapon.

So I don't think FW knights lost stomp, Titanic Feet isn't listed on any of the sheets in the video. In the first page of the knight section it states that the abilities and weapons described are those unique to the FW knights. Abilities that match their codex brothers are described in that codex.

Titanic Feet is an option on ALL knights save the armigars. So I'm betting that we still get it, just that they didn't word it right. Seemed sus when the stats for the reaper chainsword aren't anywhere in on the Styrix and Mangra even though the datasheet says they can take the weapon.

In fact you are right, titanic feet is still listed on all the FW knights as them having it equipped (e.g. atrapos says 'is equipped with lascutter, graviton cannon and titanic feet')

Its just that TF (similar to the reaper chainsword) dont have the profiles listed as theyre non-unique so you just reference the main knight dex for them

In fact you are right, titanic feet is still listed on all the FW knights as them having it equipped (e.g. atrapos says 'is equipped with lascutter, graviton cannon and titanic feet')

Its just that TF (similar to the reaper chainsword) dont have the profiles listed as theyre non-unique so you just reference the main knight dex for them

Awesome, the screen caps I was getting were blurry as heck, but I got lucky in the the abilities bit was near the bottom of the page, just couldn't read the upper halves that much.

Also I'm sus on the Moriax speed drop. Even with the blur the first and second row movements are two digits, seems weird to have a 12/10/? drop. Generally lose of movement is a quarter per level. So that would 12/9/6. 

But I could be wrong.

Awesome, the screen caps I was getting were blurry as heck, but I got lucky in the the abilities bit was near the bottom of the page, just couldn't read the upper halves that much.

Also I'm sus on the Moriax speed drop. Even with the blur the first and second row movements are two digits, seems weird to have a 12/10/? drop. Generally lose of movement is a quarter per level. So that would 12/9/6. 

But I could be wrong.

Yeah i have a big 4k monitor as I work as a designer/dev so deffo makes it easier to make stuff out.

So for movements:

Acastus Asterion/Porphyrion: 8/6/4

Cerastus Lancer:  14/12/10 

Cerastus Casitgator/AcheronAtrapos: 12/10/8

Questoris Magera/Stryix: 12/9/6

Moriax: 12/10/8 

Note - the lancer also now gets 5 attacks rather than the 4 everything else gets (so doing 15 Titanic feet attacks), and its lance (usually S+6 (ie 14) AP-4 6 dmg), now goes up to Sx2 (ie 16) AP-4 8 dmg if you have charged.

Its also the cheapest knight at a flat 440pts, so as a dedicated CC knight seems pretty decent (its shooting remains the same as it was)

Edited by DanPesci

So got my hands on the Compendium last night. Was correct, all FW knights have Titanic Feet, just not listed in the book via it's profile. It's in the weapon profiles of the app though and listed as a weapon in the equipment.

As for the sweep attacks they added.

Styrix/Magnera - If you have the Siege claw there is no reason to use Titanic feet and the sweep attack is just feet but a solid Dmg 3.

Atrapos - So the sweep is S6 -2 AP D3, so not as good as the claws, but against things in gravis armour or the like it works as your feet will still be wounding on 3+, just now you have the flat damage. Generally I see the feet being used only on T4 models to wound on 2+. Any higher, especially if their vehicles and your better with the focused melee for the -4 AP and damage 6 with re-roll to wound.

Acheron - The Reaper Chainfist sweep is just Titanic feet under another name, literally.

Castigator - Not sure what the old version was but the Tempest blade is interesting, a Reaper Chainsword with twice the attacks at half the damage. Figuring Feet would only be used if you had a horde around you otherwise the blade is just fine.

Other bits

Moriax - As stated before, they dropped to 12" move and are a base 155pts with the only option adding to the cost being the conversion beamer. No sweep on claw but they had to give the Warglaive something.

The Rad-cleanser got the range bump to 12"

Points wise I'm not seeing any major changes, but I only kept close track of the Stryix/Moraix since I use them. If anything the Stryix/Magerna got better for a minor cost as they kept their cost with the siege claw attached for either the claw or the chainsword. So personally I see no reason not to take the claw.

My knight list actually dropped in points so things are looking good for my House and their allies.

If you have any other questions I'll try and answer them quickly.