Dreadnought Loadouts

librisrouge

Dreadnoughts are cool. This is a universally agreed upon truth, only questioned by the mental infirm and chaos addled. As such, the Sons of Titan field such miraculous and noble warriors in a variety of battlefield roles.

And by variety, I mean with astral aim, twin lascannons, and a missile launcher.

While I dig this load out, and am converting one, I have a Black Reach dreadnought that I cannot decide how to equip. With some of the recent changes to weapons and the seemingly upcoming changes to dreads based on the marines dex, I'm tempted to actually run him with storm bolter and multimelta. Two shots and better damage within 12" is a great boon to the weapon and gate means we can move him to that range quite easily.

Has anybody else had success with this, or any other loadouts, that can contest with the more popular hellfire loadout?

The multimelta option looks juicy, but giving up one of our rare 24+“ options feels bad. As I‘m not quite happy with only 3 shots for 55 points, I was wondering if the CC weapon along with TL lascannon wouldn‘t be better with regard to flexibility?

I have to admit though that my experience is very limited.

Edited by Weltbild

Multi-meltas, lascannons would be my go-to-choice. If assault cannons get D2 shots, then that as well. Why not magnetise the arms, or fit it with friction? My Inquisition Dreadnought is like that, will probably work better than magnets.

I built a Ven Dread with an assault cannon recently and I have been... less than impressed with his performance. Multi meltas would have been a better choice, I think, especially since I lack anti-vehicle in my army. What kit does the dreadnought multi melta come in?

I built a Ven Dread with an assault cannon recently and I have been... less than impressed with his performance. Multi meltas would have been a better choice, I think, especially since I lack anti-vehicle in my army. What kit does the dreadnought multi melta come in?

There are some old metal ones that are long OOP that had the multimelta. Also, a starter kit several editions back had a plastic dread with a multimelta.