The Crime issss Life- undead enforcers

grailkeeper

a VERY nice project!

The only thing i really do not like is the batwing-helmet on the captain.

I never got it why undead would replace their old equipment with something that says "i'm dead now and my armour needs to tell that to everybody!"

That's what i als always disliked about the WHFB undead.

regarding color, i would follow the story and see what supports that better in the end.

Your story - also judging from the state of the bodies is:

"I am rotting and i don't care!"

So i think the clothes should reflect that.

If you paint them black, that will get more difficult.

Dried blood, mold & rotten (liquified) flesh soaking through the cloth... and of course dirt. All that is easier with a grey base color. And... after enough time, almost any cloth turns greyish anyway, either from UV exposure or dirt.

The models do not look like they would care for laundry...

I kinda like the batwing helmets normally, but in this case they are a deliberate call back to  Judge Fear 

Quick and Dirty of the guys  as they currently stand. I've to finish their boots then on to metallics- which I'm undercoating brown to give a rusty decrepit look. 

Icj9RoT.jpgc8U8EOR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Love those undead "arbites" or "dread judges" if you will. I couldn't really make out any of the detail until the paint started layering up and they look fantastic.

That deathwatch/kill team space wolf looks fantastic too. Love the color grading and gritty feel to it as well.

Overall very well done. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Take me out to da ball game. My latest model - Homer 'Un, of the Lourksville Sluggaz- known to the fanz as Babe Ruthless. 

ezgif-2-b93aedbd9526.gif

I got the new free monthly mini- an Ork Knob. I'm a big blood bowl fan and the way the choppa is posed reminded me of baseball. I decided to make an ork baseball player who is bringing his chain bat to the world of blood bowl as a star player.

Edited by grailkeeper