2k Novokh mid board balance

Shas Oh Dear

With a few 9th games under my belt with my necrons I think I'm zeroing in on the list I ultimately want to play. The following as the topic says is intended to zone out the mid board with a bunch of bodies that can do work in shooting and in combat.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Necrons) [57 PL, 1,084pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Anrakyr the Traveller [7 PL, 140pts]

. Warlord: Warlord Trait (Codex 5): Implacable Conqueror (Aura)

+ Troops +

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 260pts]

. 20x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 20x Gauss Reaper

+ Elites +

Lychguard [14 PL, 224pts]: 8x Lychguard

. Hyperphase Sword and Dispersion Shield

Transcendent C'tan [14 PL, 270pts]: Fractured Personality: Transdimensional Displacement, Power of the C'tan: Antimatter Meteor, Power of the C'tan: Time's Arrow

+ Heavy Support +

Doomsday Ark [10 PL, 190pts]

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Necrons) [45 PL, 10CP, 910pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP [-2CP]

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Crypteks [7 PL, 140pts]

. Cryptothralls

. . 2x Cryptothrall: 2x Scouring Eye, 2x Scythed Limbs

. Technomancer: Arkana: Prismatic Obfuscatron, Canoptek Cloak, Relic: Veil of Darkness

+ Troops +

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 260pts]

. 20x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 20x Gauss Reaper

+ Elites +

C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer [18 PL, 350pts]: Power of the C'tan: Transdimensional Thunderbolt

Cryptothralls [2 PL, 40pts]

. 2x Cryptothrall: 2x Scouring Eye, 2x Scythed Limbs

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 75pts]

. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 5x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [2 PL, 45pts]

. 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 3x Feeder Mandibles

++ Total: [102 PL, 10CP, 1,994pts] ++

So this list leans into the combination of anrakyr and novohk strat that means even a humble warrior squad will put out 60 attacks at -1ap.

Anrakyr will hang out in the centre within 6" of both warrior squads which will spread out onto either side of the board to completely zone out the mid. They have the shooting to clear away obstacles as they move forward. The lychguard will hang with anrakyr to keep him safe and can swing to either side of the board to tip the scales when needed. For 2cp even the 8 man squad I could afford puts out 48 -4ap attacks which will kill pretty much anything not rocking invulns.

Speaking of invulns. The nightbringer can kill pretty much anything that the lychguard would struggle with and vice versa. The ctan would take a side of the board each or I'd put the transcendent into deepstrike if I think linebreaker is reasonable (the nightbringer would likely hang in the middle if this is the case).

The single DDA gives my only source of long range firepower and it's going to be unreliable at best but it can be left in my deployment and is hard to put down with incidental firepower. I'm hoping the pressure from the rest of the list will make actually focusing on this guy undesirable.

The technomancer is there to fix the central unit's and make them even more irritating he has the veil to combo thre linebreaker if it comes up or to reposition a warrior or lychguard squad to suddenly shift pressure on the board.

Cryptothralls and scarabs are just cheap bodies that can do actions and area deny with pretty small footprints.

So that's it. Eager to hear any thoughts/questions/criticism.

It's an interesting list for sure. I really don't like the transcendent C'tan. Would you consider dropping a few lychguard to bring the void dragon? I think it would help balance out your lack of anti-tank.

Speaking of which, single DDA (or doomstalkers for that matter) are horrible mathematically. Multiples are needed to average out their D6 then D6 shots and damage rolls. If you did the above, and changed the DDA for a unit of wraith's, you'd gain more board control.

I actually started out pretty much with what you suggested and switched over to the list as it is now. The reasons being lychguard fall short on the output I would need from them at less than 7 in the unit.

Wraiths are great for pushing up the board but in my games I've found they need saturation from other similar units or else they just can't get anything done, my greater need is something that I can leave in my deployment and can still contribute (even as inefficient as it is on its own) as the rest of my army needs to push up. I've found the DDA useful for baiting a more aggressive deployment from the opponent which can really help.