Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Kickstarter] Minipedia paint guide

Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 924 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

This may be of interest to some-

Scale75 has started a Kickstarter for what looks like a comprehensive set of books on painting miniatures, https://www.kickstar...edia-by-scale75

They have produced some very nice books in the past.

There is an early bird offer if you back on the first day (about 19 hours left from the time of this post)

Obviously there are a lot of painting guides online, many of which are free but some of us just like books smile.png

Edited by Jolemai, 05 November 2020 - 09:38 PM.
Title & tags

• mithrilforge and Dr_Ruminahui like this

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,780 posts
A hundred euros though, that's a fair amount, but it does look good.
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts
Backed i hope it is good.

armarnis

armarnis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion

one would assume they make enough money to fund those products anyway?! i really dislike the way to "abuse" kickstarter (and all other crowd fund sites) for pre orders and marketing instead of what its core function should be: get people with a great idea funds to get the ball rollin.

Bung

Bung

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 860 posts
Think about this, that books arent that big. They are the size of the AK learning series books. Page size 18,2 x 24 cm.
You will probably have lots of pictures with not much text.

My problem is even if i love such hobby books there arent any artist mentioned which makes it a though sale for me if i cant see some example tutorials.
And i dont need pages of Scale painting recipes again. As the last hobby book from scale was rather disappointing.

I probably by one or 2 books in retail as shipping for one book costs as much as the book from the Kickstarter.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts
https://www.kickstar...5/posts/3014318

They have just posted a quick flick through of the first 2 books in the updates section. Seem to be 50 plus pages each. Look well laid out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kickstarter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users