Salamander Watch Captain Sarkus WIP

Debauchery101

This guy ain't playing no games. Considered radical by many Inquisitors due to his practice of re engineering exotic Xenos materials and technology. Using the skills passed down by Vulkan who was the most talented at crafting weapons and complex technology only surpassed by the emperor himself, Sarkus can turn any xenos technology against them. Only when skeptical Inquisitors and jealous tech adepts witness his creations devastating effectiveness do all apprehensions subside.

He always leads the charge, always goes for the strongest enemies and always defeats them. His trophies can attest for that

I've been working on this guy on and off for a couple weeks. I've used him few times this weekend. If he gets to strike first he mostly kills everything in engagement range. He never fails to kill more than his value.

HGODewL.jpg

Gpo1Ckj.jpg

t6gFyIc.jpg

yclZ6MK.jpg

Bits-

DW upgrade helmet and shoulder pad

Salamander shoulder pad

Necron lord weapon

Necron warden 'cape'

Indomitus captain body

Sanguinary guard jump pack

Skulls from skull box

The shoulderpad is facing the wrong direction sadly.

fake news

If the chapter's badge has a facing this facing will be always towards the enemy otherwise would seem that the marine is a coward and running away from the battle

From a BG standpoint this is the reason of the facing of the shoulderpads in SM iconography

fake news

If the chapter's badge has a facing this facing will be always towards the enemy otherwise would seem that the marine is a coward and running away from the battle

From a BG standpoint this is the reason of the facing of the shoulderpads in SM iconography

give me a size appropriate, embossed shoulder pad with the face forward with Chains and trinkets on it and I will replace it. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

I served 3 tours in Afghanistan and Iraq...yes we always has stars forward because our stars/states will never retreat. Guess what this aint the Marine Corps. This is 40k sci fi

For lore's sake...Look at it 2 ways....

1- the salamander facing to the rear watches the back of Humanity

2- don't stand in front of the salamander you'll get burned...by his jet pack...

Edited by Debauchery101

Technically, not really. This was the way all salamander pads in DW faced (everywhere, models, RPGs, games, art, etc) until GW retconned it with new minis in 2017. Check out beginnings of this forum, people were puzzled why suddenly some pads faced 'wrong' way :whistling:

Hell’s to the All of the Yes!

Love everything about this, the lore and the model in equal measure.

Just hope there are enough radical Inquisitors around to defend him from the short, blunt riposte that the more puritan Inquisitors would offer in response to this use of xeno-technology! :tu: