I think we CAN now take Master Apothecary

Karhedron

The inability to upgrade our beloved Wolf Priests to effective Apothecaries was one of the few disappointments of the new supplement. It also looked like the Primaris Apothecary was not eligible to upgraded to Chief Apothecary. Now it looks like that oversight has been fixed.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/n2KFvj3bgo3Cr6V3.pdf

The new update adds the following to the Primaris Apothecary:

Page 145 – Primaris Apothecary

Change this unit’s keywords line to read:

‘KEYWORDS: Infantry, Character, Primaris, Apothecary’

This means the Primaris Apothecary (which we do have access to) can be upgraded to Chief Apothecary. I don't know if we will want to on many occasions but at least we do have access to an efficient healer if we want.

No, unfortunately, we don't. We can't take units with the Apothecary keyword. The same argument that made Primaris apothecaries ineligible to be Chief Apothecaries was the only reason we could (arguably) take them. And given that same argument also barred Primaris Apothecaries from using the Combat Restoratives Strategem (one of their biggest selling points), it was pretty clear this was an editing mistake.

Whenever GW bolds something, they're talking about a keyword.

(Edited for additional clarity and to avoid soundign to harsh).

Edited by Squark

I think we all knew it was coming, and we got a ton of new units anyways. Little disappointed it didn't clear up if your opponent could use countercharge on a judiciar style ability.

It is already clear. Fight last units are not eligible until all others have fought. The interrupt strategum can only be used on eligible units.

Goon hammer has a rules hammer article (october 1st) where they go through it. GW defines an eligible unit basically as one that charged or is in engagement range. It doesn't mention fight last effects so their argument is that if the interrupt strat let's you ignore the rule where you can't select a unit until all charging units have gone it should also allow you to ignore the fights last wording as well. I think they're right I just don't know if that's the intention.

Goon hammer has a rules hammer article (october 1st) where they go through it. GW defines an eligible unit basically as one that charged or is in engagement range. It doesn't mention fight last effects so their argument is that if the interrupt strat let's you ignore the rule where you can't select a unit until all charging units have gone it should also allow you to ignore the fights last wording as well. I think they're right I just don't know if that's the intention.

Goonhammer is 100% wrong or you misinterpreted their article

The stratagem requires an eligible unit

The judiciar ability expressly makes the target ineligible until all others have fought

It is one of GWs best rule writings in recent history because it is 100% unambiguous

Even with an ‘always fight first’ ability, the Judiciar and Armour of Russ make units simply not eligible to fight until everyone else has done so. They go to the bottom of the pile, although could then fight first out of the other units that were made not eligible. Very nasty.