Wolfy armorium cherub?

Since we now have access to the armorium Cherub, how do you plan to model it? The original cherub/putto thing has more of a baroque flavour to it, so how would you norse him up? Are you using the stock model with a green stuff beard? Are you using some kind of dwarf/squat (as dwarves originate from Norse mythology and are gifted crafters)? Maybe the ammo dwarf from Necromunda? Do you have a different idea?

Would love to hear your ideas

Why would a vat grown, lobotomized, and repurposed baby thing have a beard? :lol: I sincerely doubt I'll bother to do that unless someone posts a pic of one and it's just awesome...

I consider it more creepy/freaky for it just to be a little cherub thing.

So lobotomizing a baby and attaching wings to it is OK, but if that same baby decides to grow a glorious manly beard because it idolizes his new space viking dads, that's when we're entering "bizarre"-territory? Edited by ranulf the revenant

I don’t know that the cherubs have enough brain left to idolize anything. :lol: I also don’t know that they are actual babies, I believe they are vat-grown for the purpose - can’t remember if I read that somewhere in the lore once upon a time or it was just something that my brain is saying to keep from being totally wretched.

I mean if the beards are your thing, then go for it, but for a cherub, not so much for me.

And in that case, it hasn’t grown enough to develop/undergo the chromosomal structure changes/activation to the point of having the genes activated to produce facial hair... it’s not just time that causes that to happen.

I mean the Wolves could always implant hair in the face if that’s really what someone desires - there’s always a way/reason that can be had for something.

:lol: Put a helmet on it and a weapon in hand and call it a valkyrie.

Cherubs aren't ever off-brand for Marines of any stripe.

Frankly, there's all kinds of things you could make them, but Space Wolves are still at their core an army of the Imperium.

Cherubs aren't ever off-brand for Marines of any stripe.

Frankly, there's all kinds of things you could make them, but Space Wolves are still at their core an army of the Imperium.

hard disagree!

Obviously people can do whatever they like for their own armies but i feel strongly they are too Codexy a feature and don't quite right when paired with Space Wolves.

Edited by Wispy

:lol: It's alright to be blinded by the Flanders!

Seriously - you could say that about many things Marine w/re: to the Space Wolves.

"Plasma and flamers are too Codexy a feature and doesn't feel quite right when paired with the Space Wolves - too "hot" when we have Helfrost weapons that are better themed to the Lord of Winter and War."

Not everything has to be exclusively about a simple over-theme-Ing of an army.

Cherubs are an Imperial thing, not a Codex/Marines thing - they are "tiny angels," and like it or not, Space Wolves are still very much Imperial Angels of Death. Personally I find the little token game action thing sort of dumb overall for that particular effect, but I guess I can work with it - though I'd probably just rather have a token than something like a cherub actually on the battlefield.

Something that might be fun for the Cherub would be a tiny wolf head and hairy arms and legs, with tiny claws.

What about a chapter serf, hauling ammo for his lord? One of the robed and animal-masked dudes from Prospero Burns? Wouldn't be hard to convert from almost any robed dude and it's not like the stats make any less sense than for a floating baby. The Iron Sleet crew did something similar, looked great.

I think I prefer the idea of semi sentient Wolf pups willfully and intentionally “fetching” ammo for his Space Wolf friend.

That would be my preferred option too. Maybe some ammo strapped under his chin like a brandy barrel on a St Bernard. :biggrin.:

So lobotomizing a baby and attaching wings to it is OK, but if that same baby decides to grow a glorious manly beard because it idolizes his new space viking dads, that's when we're entering "bizarre"-territory?

Well, something like... this guy?

http://disabilitymovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Tangled-Short-Thug.jpg