Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Lost And the Damned: A Fandex (Damndex?) Project

Fandex Homebrew

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,184 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

So I think we can mostly agree that the Legends rules for Renegades and Heretics are not exactly ideal. It's better than nothing but it could be a heck of a lot better. That being said? As the saying goes, if you want something done properly you might as well do it yourself, and given we at the very least have a base to work off of, I'm intending to create a fanmade replacement for these somewhat mediocre rules.

Now, I should start this off by stating my mission intentions, what this project sets out to do and what it doesn't. After all, I'm no accomplished rulesmith or playtester, so I want to make the "mission statement" as transparent and honest as possible.

What this project DOES intend to achieve:

Spoiler

What this project DOES NOT intend to achieve:

Spoiler

Anyway, now that that's out of the way...

BASIC RESOURCES:

Spoiler

IDEAS:
As mentioned, this is going to be far more than just "AM with spikes", so here's some of my miscellaneous ideas for stuff to differentiate them from their Aquila-wearing counterparts...

Spoiler

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas/wants to help out, that would be great! Schlitzaf has already offered to assist, but really anyone who has a contribution, no matter how great or small, is welcome!

• Zebulon and Tallarn Commander like this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 390 posts
I'd love to help out. I don't really play, I just like listing building for the flavor of it.

I will say, I don't think Heretic Sororitas should be a thing. Not to say I'd be opposed to Chaos Sisters in this fandex (it is fairly rare), but I think it'd be fluffier for Sororitas for be a small, elite component of a greater "Blasphemous Ecclesiarchy" type deal. Personal opinion though, I wouldn't get real hung up about it either way.

I also think a subfaction option should be added for mutants and abhumans. "MUTANT HORDE" or something like that.

I could foresee the use of subfaction key words being a modernized version of Demagogue Devotions, and the various subfactions remind me of how the Drukhari codex works.

I know most of the Blackstone Fortress stuff can be represented on the Legends update, but I would like to see the BSF Cultist Firebrand earn a spot in this list. Very cool model
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,922 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
So mu main suggestions one of my favorites parts from Vraks (and lesser extent servants) was Chaos “Lord” and 1 Power Armored Elite Unit. So I’d like to see, Chaos Lord be 0-1 option/Characters work like they do with GSC and can take 0-1
Plague Marines (if Nurgle Marked)
Zerkers if Khorne
Etc

If Undivided/Markless you can take a squad of chosen.

Just food for thought
  • Evil Eye likes this
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts
It would be nice if R&H could get our deep-striking Blood Slaughterers back. Those sure were fun in 7th. :)
  • Evil Eye likes this

My Chaos Blog (Night Lords, World Eaters, Renegades & Heretics)    http://www.bolterand...ds-vs-tallarns/

My Imperial Guard Blog (Tallarn 23rd)   http://www.bolterand...larn-23rd-blog/

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,184 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

So mu main suggestions one of my favorites parts from Vraks (and lesser extent servants) was Chaos “Lord” and 1 Power Armored Elite Unit. So I’d like to see, Chaos Lord be 0-1 option/Characters work like they do with GSC and can take 0-1
Plague Marines (if Nurgle Marked)
Zerkers if Khorne
Etc

If Undivided/Markless you can take a squad of chosen.

Just food for thought

Definitely! I think that was one of the cooler ideas from IA13, as it makes perfect sense for CSM to be operating alongside their mortal servants.

It would be nice if R&H could get our deep-striking Blood Slaughterers back. Those sure were fun in 7th. smile.png

Oh yes, Blood Slaughterers and Blight Drones will absolutely be making their way into the list. I want some Slaanesh and Tzeentch counterparts as well, but obviously they'd need some homebrewing as at present there...aren't any.

• Tallarn Commander likes this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,922 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
If I may suggest evil before anything else:
1) Core Army;
-1 “Big” HQ (Chaos Lord, Captains and Canoness for Marines. Company Commanders for Gauddsman).
•Renegade Commander suites this well enough
•Chaos Lord style character in which case Renegade is moved to support
-2 “Support” HQ’s (Liutanents, Commissars, Pyskers, etc)
•As of now only Malefic Lords represent. Coven’s kinda but they are more elite units
•Worth to consider Enforcers, or other units

Generally an army in 9th Design to have ifs “Big” Leader then supporting meant to help facilitate or encourage army theme’ing

Troops/Bulk
-We have Milita, Mutants and otherwise. Our bread and buttter. What role should they fill, what they do informs rest of the army. The “Bulk” aren’t always troops, Leman Russss and Marine Bikers in certain armies.

-The Core setup should inform everything else. Will Miltia or Mutants be the “main” Troop Choice (eg Tacticals, Cessors, Infantry Squads, Chaos Marine, Gaurdians etc) what is more “flavor” or spice. I like Militia with Mutants as Flavor.

The Fun Stuff
1) Elites: Everyone want everything so we need to pick.
On a base level, Disciplines are Veterans generic evolution from Militia. Solid

The Harder Part:
1-3 Genericy R&H Unit usable by a variety of themes but not an elitified bulk unit (Terminators, Command Squad Characters)
2-4 “Theme” Units. This is where interesting cool stuff comes in like Plague Orgyns. These aren’t army locked always but they can be.

Fast:
The Genercised Unit made to go fast (Assault Marines, back in the day Armored Fist Squads. Bikers generally. Otherwise for IG its Donain of Light Armour + Assault Weapon Tanks).

Chaos Spawn as Generic Unthemed. The Genercised fast unit slightly harder and as before 2-4 Themed Units.

Heavy Support
Same stuff as said point above. Russes and Heavy Teams for Genericised Troop + Genercised Non-Troop Special

Now for “Themed” Armies (oresumabky 4 + 1. Gods + Undivided) you should have a unit in every slot/brigade legal. But unless we tie units to Tactics. Armies should be advantaged by doing a combined arms detachment.

To be clear not saying don’t throw at mininum what is currently legal but try to have a sense of what the army is.
  • Evil Eye likes this
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fandex, Homebrew

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users