Looking for advice, me brothers.

Dusktiger

So, i haven't had a chance to play anything but a couple Crusade games with the Indomitus box set, so i haven't had a chance to try and really see what's good so far in 9th and the new codex. (and my copy still hasnt shipped from GW, so i've yet to even read it, sad face).

What i was hoping i could get from you fine folks, is some ideas on some 1000pt, and 2000pt lists using the Crimson Fists models in my collection.  And some suggestions on a couple purchases to add in would be appreciated as well.

Mainly, i've just bought what looked interesting to build and paint.  So bear in mind, my collection might not be optimized, ergo the request for help here.  But i would like to at least use most of what i already own, and not have to go out and buy $300+ of new content, if possible.  Though when the new gladiator and primaris speeder come out, i would like one of each kit, cause they look interesting model-wise.

so with the preamble done, this is what i currently own:

+ HQ +

Indomitus Primaris Lieutenant:
. Neo-volkite pistol, Master-crafted power sword and Storm Shield

Indomitus Primaris Captain:
. Heavy bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword and Relic shield

Primaris Captain:
. Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, Bolt Pistol, Master-crafted Power Sword

Primaris Chaplain:

. Absolver Bolt Pistol, Crozius arcanum

Primaris Librarian:

. Bolt pistol, Force sword

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Plasma pistol

Intercessor Squad:
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Bolt Rifles, Astartes Grenade Launcher
. Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Bolt Rifle, Power fist

Intercessor Squad:
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Auto Bolt Rifles, Astartes Grenade Launcher
. Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Auto Bolt Rifle, Power fist

Intercessor Squad: 
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Stalker Bolt Rifles, Astartes Grenade Launcher
. Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Stalker Bolt Rifle, Power fist

Intercessor Squad: 
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Bolt rifles, Astartes Grenade Launcher
. Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Bolt rifle, Power fist

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad:
. 3x Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Bladeguard Ancient:

. Heavy Bolt Pistol

Bladeguard Veteran Squad
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted Power Sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sgt: Master-crafted Power Sword, Neo-volkite pistol, Storm Shield

Invictor Tactical Warsuit:

. Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Invictor fist, Twin ironhail autocannon  Incendium Cannon, Twin ironhail heavy stubber

Judiciar:

. Absolver Bolt Pistol, Executioner Relic Blade

Redemptor Dreadnought:

. 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Redemptor Fist

Veteran Intercessor Squad
. 4x Veteran Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Veteran Intercessor Sergeant: Plasma pistol, Power fist

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad
. 2x Outrider: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle
. Outrider Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Twin Bolt rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad:
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistols, 2x Melta rifles
. Eradicator Sgt: Bolt pistol, Melta rifle

Hellblaster Squad:
. 4x Hellblaster: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Heavy Plasma Incinerators
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Heavy Plasma Incinerator, Plasma pistol

Thunderfire Cannon
. Techmarine Gunner

Whirlwind:

. Vengeance launcher

+ Flyer +

Stormhawk Interceptor:

. 2x Assault cannon, Las-talon, Typhoon missile launcher

++ Total: [137 PL, 2,825pts] ++

edit: i goofed making my list, my invictor has the flamer, not the autocannon. :confused:

Edited by Dusktiger

I've gone through your list and graded your stuff in terms of what's most usfuful (in my opinion). Comments in yellow green.

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain:

These are both good. Pick one. I'd probably go with the Indomitus guy unless you want to take the Bellicos Bolt Rifle - which you could.

I think the Indomitus guy would make a great basis for a Pedro Kantor conversion by the way. Replace the shield with a pointing power fist and somehow make a gun for him. I recognise that "somehow" might not be the most useful suggestion.

Primaris Chaplain:

Primaris Librarian:

Pick 1-2 of these. Personally I like the Librarian most but if you're going more for melee then the Chaplain is nice. You could definitely take both of them.

Fists have access to the Eye of Hypnoth relic and you have a dreadnought that could use Wisdom of the Ancients. I think this means the Lieutenant is a lower priority.

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad:

Intercessor Squad:
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Auto Bolt Rifles, Astartes Grenade Launcher

Intercessor Squad: 
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Stalker Bolt Rifles, Astartes Grenade Launcher

Intercessor Squad: 

These are all great. If possible, I'd try and give a power fist to the assault intercessor Sergeant instead  of one of the others - probably the guy in the stalker squad. 

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad:

I like these a lot for Fists. You might find they aren't needed with all your intercessors around. Something to test.

Bladeguard Ancient:
. Heavy Bolt Pistol

Not required. He starts to look more useful if he's near more stuff that can shoot if it dies, like hellblasters, but your bladeguard and hellblasters don't want to be in the same place.

Bladeguard Veteran Squad
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted Power Sword, 2x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sgt: Master-crafted Power Sword, Neo-volkite pistol, Storm Shield

Solid, but they take you in a more melee direction. I prefer Aggressors for Fists, especially if there's a Librarian around doing Psychic Fortress.

. Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Invictor fist, Twin ironhail autocannon, Twin ironhail heavy stubber

This is an interesting one. It's not so amazing now that you don't know who's going first when you set it up. But it has shooting and melee, and it helps you take control of the board.

Judiciar:

Probably not needed in a shooty list. Making the enemy go last only matters if you can hit them really hard. I think this guy is too easy to avoid, sadly.

Redemptor Dreadnought:
. 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Redemptor Fist

I think this is one of  the best units in our codex at the moment.

This is a fun unit, though lacking obsec hurts. 

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad

Some much needed speed for your army. I'd recommend taking these.

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad:

These are great. They're also one of your few sources of anti-tank, so I think you should take them.

Hellblaster Squad:

An interesting one. Generally these seem a bit weak but they are better for Fists. They benefit from Legacy of Dorn so they can do respectable damage.

Thunderfire Cannon
Techmarine Gunner

I think these have had their day. People mostly liked them for their strats, one which is gone, and their strength is reduced as well.

Whirlwind:
. Vengeance launcher

This actually gained an awesome strat to make enemies fight last. It's a useful support option.

+ Flyer +

Stormhawk Interceptor:

I think these are a bit weak right now for their cost unfortunately. It's a shame it can't hover, though flying off the board isn't so bad any more. Sometimes it'll fly next to a character and blow them to bits, which is fun.

Edited by Mandragola

I've gone through your list and graded your stuff in terms of what's most usfuful (in my opinion). Comments in yellow.

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain:

These are both good. Pick one. I'd probably go with the Indomitus guy unless you want to take the Bellicos Bolt Rifle - which you could.

I think the Indomitus guy would make a great basis for a Pedro Kantor conversion by the way. Replace the shield with a pointing power fist and somehow make a gun for him. I recognise that "somehow" might not be the most useful suggestion.

Primaris Chaplain:

Primaris Librarian:

Pick 1-2 of these. Personally I like the Librarian most but if you're going more for melee then the Chaplain is nice. You could definitely take both of them.

Fists have access to the Eye of Hypnoth relic and you have a dreadnought that could use Wisdom of the Ancients. I think this means the Lieutenant is a lower priority.

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad:

Intercessor Squad:

Intercessor Squad:

Intercessor Squad:

These are all great. If possible, I'd try and give a power fist to the assault intercessor Sergeant instead of one of the others - probably the guy in the stalker squad.

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad:

I like these a lot for Fists. You might find they aren't needed with all your intercessors around. Something to test.

Bladeguard Ancient:

. Heavy Bolt Pistol

Not required. He starts to look more useful if he's near more stuff that can shoot if it dies, like hellblasters, but your bladeguard and hellblasters don't want to be in the same place.

Bladeguard Veteran Squad

Solid, but they take you in a more melee direction. I prefer Aggressors for Fists, especially if there's a Librarian around doing Psychic Fortress.

. Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Invictor fist, Twin ironhail autocannon, Twin ironhail heavy stubber

This is an interesting one. It's not so amazing now that you don't know who's going first when you set it up. But it has shooting and melee, and it helps you take control of the board.

Judiciar:

Probably not needed in a shooty list. Making the enemy go last only matters if you can hit them really hard. I think this guy is too easy to avoid, sadly.

Redemptor Dreadnought:

I think this is one of the best units in our codex at the moment.

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad:

These are great. They're also one of your few sources of anti-tank, so I think you should take them.

Hellblaster Squad:

An interesting one. Generally these seem a bit weak but they are better for Fists. They benefit from Legacy of Dorn so they can do respectable damage.

Thunderfire Cannon

. Techmarine Gunner

I think these have had their day. People mostly liked them for their strats, one which is gone, and their strength is reduced as well.

Whirlwind:

. Vengeance launcher

This actually gained an awesome strat to make enemies fight last. It's a useful support option.

+ Flyer +

Stormhawk Interceptor:

I think these are a bit weak right now for their cost unfortunately. It's a shame it can't hover, though flying off the board isn't so bad any more. Sometimes it'll fly next to a character and blow them to bits, which is fun.

Friendly reminder that to those of us who are on mobile, yellow text on a white background is murder to our eyes. Thanks!

I've gone through your list and graded your stuff in terms of what's most usfuful (in my opinion). Comments in yellow.

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain:

Primaris Chaplain:

Primaris Librarian:

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad:

Intercessor Squad:

Intercessor Squad:

Intercessor Squad:

These are all great. If possible, I'd try and give a power fist to the assault intercessor Sergeant instead of one of the others - probably the guy in the stalker squad.

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad:

Bladeguard Ancient:

. Heavy Bolt Pistol

Bladeguard Veteran Squad

Judiciar:

Redemptor Dreadnought:

I think this is one of the best units in our codex at the moment.

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad:

Hellblaster Squad:

Thunderfire Cannon

. Techmarine Gunner

Whirlwind:

. Vengeance launcher

+ Flyer +

Stormhawk Interceptor:

Friendly reminder that to those of us who are on mobile, yellow text on a white background is murder to our eyes. Thanks!

Pain is a lesson Brother.

I'll change it.

So here's my initial 1000pt shooting-focused list, based on the suggestions so far.

++ Patrol Detachment [47 PL, 5CP, 990pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Chapter Selection: Crimson Fists, Imperial Fists Successor
Battle Size [6CP]: Incursion (501-1000 Points)

+ Stratagems +

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: 1 Extra Relic

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain [5 PL, 95pts]:

. Warlord - Storm of Fire

. Master-crafted Power Sword
. Master-crafted auto bolt rifle - Replaced with Duty's Burden (30" RF2, S 5, AP -2, D2)

. Bolt pistol

Primaris Librarian [5 PL, 95pts]:

. Geokenesis: Aspect of Stone

. Geokenesis: Chasm

. Auric Aquila

. Bolt pistol

. Force sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 115pts]:
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Bolt rifles, 1x Astartes Grenade Launcher

. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Auto Bolt Rifles, 1x Astartes Grenade Launcher

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]:

. 2x Storm Bolters

. Redemptor Fist

. Icarus Rocket Pod

. Macro Plasma Incinerator

. Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad [6 PL, 135pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Whirlwind [7 PL, 135pts]:

. Whirlwind vengeance launcher

++ Total: [47 PL, 5CP, 990pts] ++

That's not bad at all.

Now that I look at it as a 1k list, I think I'd make a couple of small changes. If you drop the whirlwind and Outriders you could afford the Invictor and Eradicators. It costs 10 points more, taking you to exactly 1k.

The invictor is probably better at 1k than at 2k. It'll be quite a serious threat in small games I think. Eradicators are just excellent.

So revise it to this then;

++ Patrol Detachment [47 PL, 5CP, 990pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Chapter Selection: Crimson Fists, Imperial Fists Successor
Battle Size [6CP]: Incursion (501-1000 Points)

+ Stratagems +

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: 1 Extra Relic

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain [5 PL, 95pts]:

. Warlord - Storm of Fire

. Master-crafted Power Sword
. Master-crafted auto bolt rifle - Replaced with Duty's Burden (30" RF2, S 5, AP -2, D2)

. Bolt pistol

Primaris Librarian [5 PL, 95pts]:

. Geokenesis: Aspect of Stone

. Geokenesis: Chasm

. Auric Aquila

. Bolt pistol

. Force sword

+ Troops +

. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Auto Bolt Rifles, 1x Astartes Grenade Launcher

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]:

. 2x Storm Bolters

. Redemptor Fist

. Icarus Rocket Pod

. Macro Plasma Incinerator

. Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Invictor Tactical Warsuit [8 PL, 160pts]:

. Incendium Cannon

. Twin ironhail heavy stubber

. Invictor Fist

. Heavy Bolter

. Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [6 PL, 120pts]:
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifles

++ Total: [48 PL, 5CP, 1000pts] ++

edit: i goofed making my list, my invictor has the flamer, not the autocannon. :confused:

Edited by Dusktiger

Nice first list, good balance to try different options.

I only suggest you to give the librarian the eye of hypnoti (with gift of the phalanx) to have access to reroll 1 to wound.

Always for the librarian, go with librarius discipline (psychic fortress and might of heroes / veil of time or null zone). It’s far better than geokinesis.

i was under the impression that Eye of Hypnoth is an Imperial Fists relic, and I'm playing Crimson Fists.  Wouldn't that mean I'm not allowed to use it?

Also, i just expanded my choice of models; the cabin fever drove me to get out, and i bought a Start Collecting; Vanguard Marines, so now im looking at those and what to build them as.  I don't really see much deep striking in the local meta, and from what i've read so far, it seems like incursors would be the way to build?

i was under the impression that Eye of Hypnoth is an Imperial Fists relic, and I'm playing Crimson Fists.  Wouldn't that mean I'm not allowed to use it?

Also, i just expanded my choice of models; the cabin fever drove me to get out, and i bought a Start Collecting; Vanguard Marines, so now im looking at those and what to build them as.  I don't really see much deep striking in the local meta, and from what i've read so far, it seems like incursors would be the way to build?

The Eye is a great relic, but yeah it costs you a CP. This does mean you get two relics though. There aren't any really great ones for Librarians otherwise, so it's a good option.

At patrol level it's probably less valuable (because it'll buff fewer units) and the cost is relatively higher (taking one of your 6 CPs instead of one of 12 in 2k games) so it's definitely not essential.

There's actually no decision to make with the start collecting box. It's all easy to build models and they can only be made as infiltrators.