The Royal Awakening: Ceremony of Completion

NTaW

At first there were few but in the end many.

The last three and a half months have seen tens of thousands of (points in) Necrons rise, emblazoned in the colours of their Dynasties and ready to reconquer a galaxy rightfully theirs! Our foes bask in blissful ignorance of the swift death coming to them at the hand of mighty Phaerons, who reach out empowered by the will of the Silent King and reinforced with new machinations of war to sweep away those who would think to claim territory in our domain! With these awoken armies none shall stand before the might of the Necrontyr!

Congratulations to all of you for completely blowing this event up. 28 frater pledged to paint some models over the last few months and out of a total 54 Vows only 5 were left incomplete at the event's close (:facepalm: for my own part in that). Those 54 Vows totaled some 25,763 points, with the completions totaling....

23,353!!!

Holy smokes that's a lot of painted models. No matter how much you contributed I'm truly happy that we all got to have some fun painting models together.

Now for the fun part! All the pretty badges!!!

Three people ascended to the level of Phaeron.

Nemesor Tyriks at 2,140 and 01RTB01 with the highest total of the event at 2,785 both completed Vows during the build time of the event, earning the Scarab award on their badge.

gallery_30308_9518_10590.jpg

Arbiter7 at 2,100 here is your badge.

gallery_30308_9518_3855.jpg

One person gained the rank of Overlord.

Miek at 1,513 here is your badge.

gallery_30308_9518_7770.jpg

Seven people achieved status as Lords.

Anticontrarian at 1,300 and Halandaar at 1,495 (seriously, did I miss 5 points counting??) both completed Vows during the build time of the event, earning the Scarab award on their badge.

gallery_30308_9518_6900.jpg

General Strike at 1,125, Mr4Minutes at 1,415, toaae at 1,100, Valkia the Bloody at 1,430, and Stupidity at 1,260 here is your badge.

gallery_30308_9518_2576.jpg

Fourteen people have served their Dynasty well as Royal Wardens.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch at 820, Triszin at 75, and NTaW at 75 all completed Vows during the build time of the event, earning the Scarab award on their badge.

gallery_30308_9518_2985.jpg

Dread at 995, FinalCookie at 995, Toyship at 130, RazorDaemon at 75, Eternal Despair at 995, Manat at 70, dice4thedicegod at 300, Focslain at 280, Mechanicus_Adept at 525, Brother Argent at 130, and The_Chaplain at 225 here is your badge.

gallery_30308_9518_8597.jpg

Congratulations to you all and thank you for being a part of the Royal Awakening!! Please feel free to post up group shots and glamour pics of the models you painted during the event. There was such comprehensively splendid painting done by you all it would be wonderful if this thread could be a shrine to your work. Let us revel in the glory of painted models!!

The event was a blast! Certainly was up to my neck in models to finish (I still have a substantial portion of my backlog unpainted, but those immortals were sitting in my pile of shame for...god, when did kill team/Forgebane come out? At least since then), and down to the wire in completing them! My favorite part of my dynasty scheme is it’s simple for troops. Spray, weapons, shoulders, chest and eyes, nuln oil. The most difficult part of my legion vow was deciding colors for the Royal Warden—I ended up with choosing my minor lord scheme, with bronze shoulders and cloak.

Other than my disastrous attempts at edge highlighting (I’ll do the sonomancer in that scheme, and then I’m done with it), I found the event quite enjoyable. If I’d finished my canoptek vow earlier, I probably could have made Lord level and done the skorpekhs et al, and maybe the deathmarks I have that need painting, but that didn’t happen, so alas.

I’ll have a rough battle report from the conclusion day that I fought with models I painted during the event, but tis late now and I should return to the crypts.

(01RTB01, you should be able to right-click the badge, select the copy image link, and then paste it into image tags in your sig, ~I think~. If that doesn’t work, bug Bro T, he does BBC code and may be able to point you in the right direction and/or send you to the BnC101 page.)

To add the badge to your signature I believe you have to be on "full version" view via mobile or just be at a computer. Click your avatar in the top left and select "my settings" then in the new screen that shows up select "signature" from the menu down the side. Once you're there just post the correct badge image to your signature in the same way you would post a picture: paste the URL either into the popup when you select the "add image" icon or paste the URL between tags.

Stupidity, I just saw your post. I'm in Ontario as well and there's lots of local stores with stock around my area, maybe if you shoot me a pm I could help you locate items in-province?

Edited by NTaW

Hey I have a badge!

Thanks again for organizing this event and keeping people motivated, it really was awesome! As I mentioned earlier, I've spent more time painting these past few months than in the past 20 years, and that's in big part because of this (current events also helped, obviously). Now I can't wait to play with fully painted armies.

I'll try to take a good picture of my complete army (painted and mixed) tonight.

Cheers from Québec!

Thanks for running a great event! It's been a real inspiration for us other xeno forums.

My 1,100 points of Necrons are made up of one complete Indomitus set and another set of 3 Skorpekhs. Here's the haul in all it's glory:

med_gallery_14776_16609_1163618.jpg

I'm going to continue working on my Necrons. Already have two more cryptothralls ready for basing and another Skorpekh Lord past the airbrush stages. The simple, quick scheme I've developed for the Kharezt dynasty is helping drive my hobby during this later stage of the pandemic; hopefully I can soldier on, and get an army ready to play real games of 9th edition with sometime in the hopefully-not-too-distant-or-too-dystopian future.

The last Skorpekh Destroyers even made it to Warhammer Community's Hobby Roundup! These were my first models featured, so it was real exciting.

med_gallery_14776_16609_43952.png

I really enjoyed doing this.

This really motivated me to paint up my Indomitus Necrons, which would otherwise have collected dust. :p

Here is a glory shot of my valiant effort- 1442 points (counting a random extra warrior) of Necrons.

An unstoppable tidal wave of metal!

Glory-shot.jpg

Since I am a huge Whovian, I painted them up in Cybermen colours. :p

I especially enjoyed working on the Technomancer and the Wraiths which are really awesome models. :D

Technomancer.jpg

Wraiths.jpg

And those Destroyers were not bad, either. :p

Destroyers-2.jpg

Oooh what you planning Miek?

Nothing major: A fitting overlord for the Tohakh dynasty! I've started modeling a gravitational beam emitter (closer to Sanakan's than Killy's in Blame!), gathering android heads and thinking about the final composition:

med_gallery_225534_16617_23951.png

Still in the early stages though, I want to finish what I started first.

Edit: Also, here are my painted metal dudes (including a few WiP). The peachy destroyer in the back is both the first proxy I modeled and mini I've painted since the 90's:

med_gallery_225534_16611_544254.jpg

Edit 2: Also have tons of grey models: scythes, arks, tomb blades, more warriors, Indomitus, sentry pylons, lower quality prints... Etc.

Edited by Miek

Seven people achieved status as Lords.

Anticontrarian at 1,300 and Halandaar at 1,495 (seriously, did I miss 5 points counting??) both completed Vows during the build time of the event, earning the Scarab award on their badge.

gallery_30308_9518_6900.jpg

I made it 1,495 too, bit of a shame but I hadn't really thought about what my total was going to be. Anyway, thanks for running the event, it really helped motivate me to get my force painted for the table much quicker than I would otherwise have done! Thankfully that motivation is still there, so here's a WIP of the model I was hoping to include as my final vow before I ran out of time:

gallery_84244_16660_230549.jpg

I'm really glad that everyone enjoyed themselves. This was my first time hosting an event and I still can't believe how positive a response there has been, how many people got involved, or how many points in models were painted! Wild.

You're all awesome and I hope everyone enjoys their freshly painted models! :yes::tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Everyone, Great to see the First big Necron Event was so well received :thumbsup:

I promise to teleport onboard for the next time it's run (I finally did manage to get my necron half of the Indomitus box (i'm going to save em for the next paint challenge)

Cheers to NTaW for playing the Part of the Silent King in this event :cool.:

Mithril