Idaho plans his domination!

Captain Idaho

I have a list I feel is fairly competitive but without being cheese and over the top, whilst simultaneously being fun. It's noticeably short on anti-firepower but has a lot of potential otherwise.

My confession is I really like the theme, so it might not be as powerful as it could be. I could drop things like the Doomstalker but I have a plan for it.

++ Battalion Detachment

Dynasty: Circumstance of Awakening: Isolationists, Dynastic Tradition: Rad-Wreathed

+ HQ +

Technomancer [90pts]

• Canoptek Control Node, Dynastic Heirlooms, Relic: Voltaic Staff

Chronomancer [80pts]

• Entropic Lance

Lokhust Lord [115pts]: Phylactery, Relic: Voidreaper, Warlord Trait: Eternal Madness

+ Troops +

Immortals [85pts]: Gauss Blaster, 5x Immortal

Necron Warriors [195pts]

• 15x Necron Warrior (Gauss Flayer)

Necron Warriors [195pts]

• 15x Necron Warrior (Gauss Flayer)

+ Elites +

Canoptek Spyders [130pts]

2• x Canoptek Spyder: Gloom Prism

Canoptek Spyders [210pts]

• 3× Canoptek Spyder: Two Particle Beamers

Skorpekh Destroyers [210pts]

• 2x Hyperphase Reap-Blade

• 4x Hyperphase Threshers

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [120pts]

Ophydian Destroyers [210pts]

• 2x Two Hyperphase Reap-Blades

• 4x Hyperphase Threshers

+ Heavy Support +

Canoptek Doomstalker [140pts]

Lokhust Heavy Destroyers [210pts]

• 3x Lokhust Heavy Destroyer (Gauss Destructor)

++ Total: 11CP 1,990pts ++

It's a cool mix of some of my favourite units and very cosmic horror. Would like Flayed Ones (nice big unit) but since there only appears to be 5 of the theme right now that will have to stay on the back-burner.

The Technomancer is going to be surrounded by at least 3 Canoptek Spyders with the Particle Beamers, the Doomstalker and at least 1 Warrior unit.

The Ophydian Destroyers are fast and are quite offensive though are really a first wave before the Skorpekh Destroyers arrive.

Holding objectives early is the biggest problem Necrons players seem to have as it takes a couple turns to get into position. Unless we fork out on Ghost Arks but that's a very specific list type.

So I'll have to use the Destroyers to hold objectives early before moving on to fight the enemy whilst the Warriors and Canoptek units plod into position. Chronomancer has the speed to accompany these Destroyers and give them an Invulnerable save, but he could also be dropped to use points on something else.

Special mention to the Lokhust Lord who is dirt cheap and fairly kills for what he does, whilst also being tough to put down.

So what are people's opinions on my take of a list?

Edited by Captain Idaho

I was also thinking of swapping the Ophydian Destroyers with another Skorpekh Destroyers unit. This is ideal as I love the models and concept, but I need a friend to convert them to be non-monopose (I'm not sure I can) so if I can get him to do so I'm well away!

2 units of 6 Skorpekh Destroyers is really solid in this sort if list.

• 4 weeks later...

I would keep the Ophydians personally. 9th is a very objective based edition, and their ability to deep strike and redeploy with the strat is huge. Also, maybe consider running units of five on the skorpekhs and ophydians? Prevents blast weapons from maximizing damage against already small units. You could use the spare 70 pts to grab a couple plasmacytes and some murder buckets to protect your crypteks :)

I'm not really concerned about optimising for fear of Blast Weapons. Most are light anti-infantry after all.

You make a good point about taking objectives. Ophydians are good at that.

I'll do some playtesting. Thanks.