Dread Waaagh plus some random Goffs ;)

01RTB01

Good morning/ afternoon all.

Between March and Jun/ July our local lot did a painting league. Was supposed to be c. 500 points per month but... I got carried away. Managed to get a copy of the Apoc box and things escalated from there. I will be adding to this with a second edition crusade style force but this will be once I've got my necrons sorted - new Emperor's children would be a massive distraction though so fingers crossed lol.

Everything has been based too even if it isn't in these pics...

90579706-10158114850072829-5190912686719 90635105-10158114849872829-8021200683430 90720665-10158114849767829-7357379557592 90766726-10158114849932829-5847025742126 90921842-10158114850127829-1910596105473 90938552-10158114850047829-4607137686715 90941771-10158114849967829-3876746899956 91192504-10158114849857829-4100674460271 91246799-10158114849997829-8988276788475 badrukk-back.jpg

BW1.jpg BW2.jpg BW3.jpg fg1.jpg badrukk.jpg buggies-1.jpg buggies-2.jpg buggies-3.jpg buggies-4.jpg buggies-5.jpg

Da List

Big Mek Bodgit + Kustom Force Field + Da Fixer Upperz + Dread Mek + Oiler Grot

Oddgit - Weirdboy

Kaptin Badrukk + ammo runt

Doc Wortgrub Painboy +  Soopa Snippy Sizzas (power klaw)

Kustom Boosta-blasta

Da Gaze of Mork Deff Dread + 4 Kustom Mega-blastas
Korpsgrinda Deff Dread + 2 Dread saws + 2 Big shootas
Da Beest Deff Dread + 2 Dread saws + 2 Rokkit launchas

Da Rockateeyaz 6 Killa Kans + 6 Rokkit launchas

Stompsmasha Gorkanaut + Deffstorm mega-shoota + Saw of Gork/ Mork + 2 rokkit launchas + skorcha + 2 twin big shootas

Gobrot's Gunz Bubble chukka + Traktor Kannon + Smasha Gun

Da Galyeuff Trukk + Big Shoota

10 grots - Da Sneekaz

10 grots - Da Sneekier

10 grots - Da Sneakeeist

Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, Mighty Goff Warlord and Prophet of the Waaagh
"Makari"

Grublog Na-ork 5 nobz + 2 dual choppas + 2 power klaws + 1 big choppa

Uzgrim Rotdreg 3 Meganobz + 2 Kustom Shootas + Kombi-skorcha + 3 Power Klaws

Nafkop Mugthug 5 nobz + 2 big choppas + power stabba + 2 dual choppas

Da Galayuff Trukk

Da Bullz 'Ead Battlewagon + Deff rolla

Kaptin Skumdreg's Freeboota Wreckin' Krew 10 Flash Gitz + 2 Ammo Runts

Da Flyin' Forktress Battlewagon +  Da Big Boomer + 4 Big shootas

Big Boss Naznob Grublug Deffkilla Wartrike

Boomdakka Snazzwagon

Shokkjump Dragsta

Megatrakk Scrapjet

Da Dalivaree Boyz Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy

Wow what a collection. Really look cool

Thank you kindly :D I managed to find motivation and a groove for once!

Having played orks since second Ed I thought it was about time. This gives me about 3500 points fully painted and based.

I'm planning a crusade force that will be based on the freebooterz list from way back. Death skull detachment forthcoming.

Everything would have been death skulls but ghaz changed that :)

Hoping this lot can see a battlefield soon-ish. Knee deep in necrons at the moment though...

Yes! More Dread Waaaghs! Everyone needs more Deff Dreads!

My own personal bias aside, I love the extra details on the Mek Guns. I hope you get another battery because Donkey Kong would look ace on those screens. :D

Keep up the good work, it'll be good to watch your projects unfold.

Yes! More Dread Waaaghs! Everyone needs more Deff Dreads!

My own personal bias aside, I love the extra details on the Mek Guns. I hope you get another battery because Donkey Kong would look ace on those screens. :D

Keep up the good work, it'll be good to watch your projects unfold.

Thank you Magos :) you'll be pleased to know there's another 3 dreads and 6 Kans too from a project from years ago, they just need updating!

Lol, I think my skills did well to do what I did. Not sure they're up to donkey Kong

Lol, I think my skills did well to do what I did. Not sure they're up to donkey Kong

I think you'd be up to the task. It's instantly apparent what games inspired you, the Pac Man one being my favourite. I also like the up-gunned Gorkanaut, it looks pretty fearsome.

It sounds like your Dread Waaagh is going to be a bit larger than mine, I currently have 2 Deff Dreads and 6 Kanz finished with a Morkanaut, Mega Dread, and Stompa. I've got another Deff Dread and three Kanz waiting to be painted. I don't think many people go for Dread Mobs but Ork Walkers are just so much to build, pose and customise. 

I also think that airship is top notch. :)

I think you'd be up to the task. It's instantly apparent what games inspired you, the Pac Man one being my favourite. I also like the up-gunned Gorkanaut, it looks pretty fearsome.

It sounds like your Dread Waaagh is going to be a bit larger than mine, I currently have 2 Deff Dreads and 6 Kanz finished with a Morkanaut, Mega Dread, and Stompa. I've got another Deff Dread and three Kanz waiting to be painted. I don't think many people go for Dread Mobs but Ork Walkers are just so much to build, pose and customise.

I also think that airship is top notch. :)

Thank you, that's very kind of you :) the gorkanaut was inspired by old school great gargant artwork (I'll share the pic) also handy for dread pose inspiration too I found. I'm really pleased with the 'naut and the airship. The latter being the ride for badrukk and his gitz, seemed appropriate :D

I've always liked dreads. Yours will be bigger with the mega and the stompa :D all orks is good though. Love the buggies too, just need to loot some other stuff for the extras to avoid duplicates.

Have you got a thread with your stuff in? :)

Have you got a thread with your stuff in? :smile.:

I see you found it. :) I had to rename it because it was named after my old username which probably added to the confusion. I only recently found out how to change the title so now it's easier to find. I also have my painting logs in my signature. 

I think it's a shame we never see Gargants anymore. We know they exist in the background but I don't remember seeing anything larger than a Stompa depicted. The current Stompa is about the size of the old Mekboy Gargant, isn't it? I'm a bit rusty with that sorta thing. I'd love to see Forge World make a Gargant but I suppose from pure resin costs it would make a Manta look cheap sadly. Unfortunately, GW seem to have used "Mega Gargant" for the name of their new fantasy giants so I guess they have no intention of using that name in 40k for a while.

Have you got a thread with your stuff in? :smile.:

I see you found it. :) I had to rename it because it was named after my old username which probably added to the confusion. I only recently found out how to change the title so now it's easier to find. I also have my painting logs in my signature.

I think it's a shame we never see Gargants anymore. We know they exist in the background but I don't remember seeing anything larger than a Stompa depicted. The current Stompa is about the size of the old Mekboy Gargant, isn't it? I'm a bit rusty with that sorta thing. I'd love to see Forge World make a Gargant but I suppose from pure resin costs it would make a Manta look cheap sadly. Unfortunately, GW seem to have used "Mega Gargant" for the name of their new fantasy giants so I guess they have no intention of using that name in 40k for a while.

All good, look forward to seeing it develop.

Ai, there seems to be occasional Gargants in fluff and bits of artwork but that's the lot. Have to say I really don't like the GW stompa. I do however, like the FW stompa...

Mithril - go for it lol, copyright I do not have :D traktor kannon with space invaders would be v appropriate :D

Awesome stuff here!

+1.... several million for the game screens on the Kannons. The airship is also fantastic!

Nice to see the grot with a toolbox model that's hiding out with a squig (probably not the safest of ideas). Took me a little while to find the oiler dude it came with too.

I've gone back and taken a detailed look through all your pic's, really good stuff here :thumbsup:

I have 2x Mek guns, so yes I'll be doing space invaders on one but my son loved the Pac Man one so that's the other one sorted :laugh.: (i was really stuck for what to do with the screens so this came along at a superbly right time , Thanks !!)

Does the Looted "Airship" count as a wagon or a "Chinork"?... that is a mega awesome conversion either way :thumbsup: 

I'm super envious of all your buggies( must be the DeathSkull in me that wants to "Borrow" em :tongue.: )

Cheers, Mithril 

Awesome stuff here!

+1.... several million for the game screens on the Kannons. The airship is also fantastic!

Nice to see the grot with a toolbox model that's hiding out with a squig (probably not the safest of ideas). Took me a little while to find the oiler dude it came with too.

Thank you Edited by 01RTB01

I've gone back and taken a detailed look through all your pic's, really good stuff here :thumbsup:

I have 2x Mek guns, so yes I'll be doing space invaders on one but my son loved the Pac Man one so that's the other one sorted :laugh.: (i was really stuck for what to do with the screens so this came along at a superbly right time , Thanks !!)

Does the Looted "Airship" count as a wagon or a "Chinork"?... that is a mega awesome conversion either way :thumbsup:

I'm super envious of all your buggies( must be the DeathSkull in me that wants to "Borrow" em :tongue.: )

Cheers, Mithril

Fantastic! I look forward to seeing those done, both are great shouts :) glad I could help :D

I will use it as a Battlewagon. Always fancied a flyin ship of some form for badrukk and his gitz. Waited long enough and they released the kharadron ironclad and it begged to be looted. Really enjoyed building it and seeing it painted up. The crew finish it off for me.

That's very kind on the buggies, they took a lot longer than expected but the dread mob pushed the motivation to finish them.

Looking forward to seeing this lot in action at some point!

speaking of Dreads... :ermm:  I have next in line on the build queue... a Deff dread! what is the best way to equip him in a DeathSkullz army ?

I've not used one before so was lookin for some advice :huh.: ...

Cheers, Mithril

Yes! More Deff Dreads! More! (I have no practical advice, only encouragement) :teehee:

• 5 months later...

speaking of Dreads... :ermm: I have next in line on the build queue... a Deff dread! what is the best way to equip him in a DeathSkullz army ?

I've not used one before so was lookin for some advice :huh.: ...

Cheers, Mithril

Honest (belated, sorry!) answer is I don't believe in "best". I've a wide bunch of dreads with a variety of loadouts.

It's been a while since I've done any orks - necrons and hedonites distracted.

I've been looking over freebooterz, ere we go and the second Ed codex. As such I'll be knocking out a 9th Ed crusade force that can be used in 2nd Ed/ RT.

Been sat today with books, pen and paper. Very old school!

My zone mortalis gang stronghold has arrived too which will form the base for my boss. Between that, the speed freeks terrain, mek shop and some containers and sector fronteris I should be able to knock out some nicely themed terrain for da BoyS too.

Just need to move house first and stop feeling ill :(

Thanks for replying...at last :tongue.:  lucky i wasn't siting here waiting... :laugh.:

anyways i'll build something as i feel at the time, probably end up with a few so no harm in experimenting... :thumbsup:

look forward to the gang stronghold !!!

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks for replying...at last :tongue.: lucky i wasn't siting here waiting... :laugh.:

anyways i'll build something as i feel at the time, probably end up with a few so no harm in experimenting... :thumbsup:

look forward to the gang stronghold !!!

Cheers, Mithril

Lol I'm glad you weren't :)

I've got 7 dreads in all and they've all got a mix of stuff.

Yet to see the dread mob on the table yet though sadly.

Definitely looking forward to it as a project for sure!

Edited by 01RTB01

• 4 weeks later...

Right then!

A mix of old school acquisitions and local crusade starting up means I'm back on the orks again.

I've worked out a list but so far I've painted the boss, a dread (rogue trader) and started some tankbustas of old.

Fluff, pics and more forthcoming. Really can't wait for the beast snaggas to drop too...