Converting legion specific mutilators

dice4thedicegod

A while back I put together some mutilators for World Eaters, now I’m thinking about the emperors children. Decided to go a more elegant route.

I’d initially thought I’d change more than arm swaps and power packs, but the heads just felt ‘right’ for slaanesh.

1085200_sm-Mutilators.jpeg

Very nice and good idea. How big is a Mutilator? (Terminator size I assume?) And what base size? (40 mm?)

40mm but the official models are modified Obliterators which were massively underscaled (just compare the third ed art to the actual models) and only got worse so when Terminators got bigger in 4th ed.

A while back I put together some mutilators for World Eaters, now I’m thinking about the emperors children. Decided to go a more elegant route.

I’d initially thought I’d change more than arm swaps and power packs, but the heads just felt ‘right’ for slaanesh.

1085200_sm-Mutilators.jpeg

They look really good! Been thinking of maybe using custodes terminators as a basis for my ec mutilitators, think that would work?

Very nice and good idea. How big is a Mutilator? (Terminator size I assume?) And what base size? (40 mm?)

Yes, unless/until they get up scaled like obliterators, they are big mutated terminators on 40mm bases. That’s why for my first lot (World eaters), I used Blightlord bodies, as they were some of the bigger and more warped terminators. The stormcast are at least as tall as the blightlords and on 40s - these sigmarines are big guys!

Thanks for the Input, my WB army is very Daemon focused so some Mutilators would fit right in.

Yeah - mutilators pick up a bunch of buffs from daemon allies (herald buffs and also locus, if running mono god which can be great for mutilators). ... at least for now, have a dread that changes to ‘core’ keyword rules are a prelude to daemon/CSM crossover buffs going away.

Aye I saw these pop up somewhere on fb or Reddit, honestly absolutely loved the slaanesh ones, especially the head choice seemed just right in terms of extravagance and pomposity, might end up utilising the idea at some point, but defo a very nice execution :D