Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer Preview Online – Decadence & Decay (Nov 21)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
312 replies to this topic

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts

Now that it looks like DE, I want to point out another similarity in Rumour Engines. The wave can be bigger than we think.
WDuskn7.png2020-10-27.jpg

Interesting call. I think it still looks a bit coarse compared to the wych weapon. Has those odd little stumps below the head and looks a bit crooked. Gonna stick with AoS Destruction for this one.

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts

Now that it looks like DE, I want to point out another similarity in Rumour Engines. The wave can be bigger than we think.

Interesting call. I think it still looks a bit coarse compared to the wych weapon. Has those odd little stumps below the head and looks a bit crooked. Gonna stick with AoS Destruction for this one.

Most likely but WHAT IF. Like harpoon from the Vect's Dais of Destruction.

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts

So this is probably something for AoS (destruction or undead) but it's of a piece with other very scrappy bits of kit, like the barbed spearhead above. What about new Necromunda Cawdor stuff? This looks plastic and while it's low-tech it's not that far from their junkyard theme. There's a lot of bent nails sticking out, which we see on the current plastic Cawdor gang. Maybe these are used by whatever they get for their plastic expansion box.

Or, hear me out, Scavvies? They had a chap with a harpoon launcher. We don't know much concrete stuff for Necromunda past the Van Saar book and as much as we'd presume next year would have Cawdor and Delaque, we don't know that for sure.

03ELPFPURy9LTqfo.jpg

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts

So this is probably something for AoS (destruction or undead) but it's of a piece with other very scrappy bits of kit, like the barbed spearhead above. What about new Necromunda Cawdor stuff? This looks plastic and while it's low-tech it's not that far from their junkyard theme. There's a lot of bent nails sticking out, which we see on the current plastic Cawdor gang. Maybe these are used by whatever they get for their plastic expansion box.

Or, hear me out, Scavvies? They had a chap with a harpoon launcher. We don't know much concrete stuff for Necromunda past the Van Saar book and as much as we'd presume next year would have Cawdor and Delaque, we don't know that for sure.

03ELPFPURy9LTqfo.jpg

Not just spearhead (which now is obviously not DE) but this club also.
2020-11-03.jpg

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,020 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

could this be Ogres too?

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

frightnight

frightnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

I love how you have all been taken in by such an obvious misdirection.

Sure, Slaanesh will be getting AoS figures, but we already know Death Guard is coming so that's not news. So why imply it? Look a little closer...

"Decay" sounds like "DK", D is the 4th letter of the alphabet and K is the 11th.  4+11=15, the 15th Legion is the Thousand Sons. This will be an announcement of their codex coming in February.

Wake up, sheeple!

• Sandlemad, coldfyre, Mazer Rackham and 14 others like this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts

I love how you have all been taken in by such an obvious misdirection.

Sure, Slaanesh will be getting AoS figures, but we already know Death Guard is coming so that's not news. So why imply it? Look a little closer...

"Decay" sounds like "DK", D is the 4th letter of the alphabet and K is the 11th. 4+11=15, the 15th Legion is the Thousand Sons. This will be an announcement of their codex coming in February.

Wake up, sheeple!

That is some damn fine mental gymnastics
  • frightnight likes this

Borgias

Borgias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

Immediately report to your nearest commissar !

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,829 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

That pointy stick and club could be from an ork runtherd (?) guy, so new grots and associated units for 40k orks? 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,034 posts

ghouls and vampires are likely the big reveal imho.

banana

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts
Still awaiting an ork boi twist to the decadence.

Truly we would be fit to be indulging in new sculpts!

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 436 posts

Still awaiting an ork boi twist to the decadence.

Truly we would be fit to be indulging in new sculpts!

When you think about it, Orks are pretty decadent. Always wanting the biggest shoota, the fastest fighta, the choppiest choppa, the shiniest teef. Maybe all those purple orks we cant see are gathering for Slaanesh

Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Matrindur

Matrindur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts

ff4d6da0-ff03-46ed-9893-b956459bae6c.jpg

• Petitioner's City likes this

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

Huh the new preview pictures seems to suggest Dark Mechanicum!??

IISsoOO.jpg

• DeadFingers, Dark Shepherd and Madao like this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,202 posts

Mutated Machina Opus? Very interesting. 

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,159 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

At the sight of anything that can be remotely construed as a speaker, I of course think ECCCCCCCC. This is an intriguing one though! Dark Mech would be nice...

Edited by Marshal Loss, 18 November 2020 - 12:05 PM.

• Tyrannicide likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,461 posts

DarkMech is the one thing that'd get me on a hype level equal to Emperor's Children or World Eaters.

Bring it on.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,752 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Dark mech would be very cool.

Some postulated that a proper release was why Dark Mech weren't in HH book 9. It would be quite interesting if they were right.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
If you look at the bottom of the new picture, there is a chainsword outline. Do AdMech use chainswords?

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

If you look at the bottom of the new picture, there is a chainsword outline. Do AdMech use chainswords?

Chaos Knights do. 

Freakshow668

Freakshow668

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 468 posts
  • Faction: Chaos , Grey Knights
It could just be something new for Chaos Knights.

gallery_48988_15465_21394.pngi3iB7hT.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
There looks to be banner/ cloak with cloth as well as the bottom of a marine backpack outlet...
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 255 posts
Unpopular opinion: Dark mechanicus is such a niche faction, GW better not waste time with it. Flesh out regular mechanicus and update other factions to ninth edition first!
  • mel_danes, Marshal Loss, Slave to Darkness and 6 others like this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 518 posts

Unpopular opinion: Dark mechanicus is such a niche faction, GW better not waste time with it. Flesh out regular mechanicus and update other factions to ninth edition first!

Couldn’t agree more. Several factions need a lot of love, being stuck with bad 20 year old, or more, sculpts.
  • Dark Shepherd and Putrid Choir like this

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 436 posts

I don't see why they need be exclusive. Adding a new faction doesn't preclude faction updates, and honestly regular AdMech got one of the bigger updates this year, I don't think they are in dire need of fleshing out

I'd prefer not to see DarkMech either, but that's because I feel it should be rolled into a LATD release.
  • Sandlemad likes this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users