Replacing the shoulders on outriders.

JJD

I want to use embossed shoulders in my Indomitus set.

Can anyone point me towards a good video for the out riders. Their shoulders are sort of hollow and I don’t want to mess it up.

I want to use embossed shoulders in my Indomitus set.

Can anyone point me towards a good video for the out riders. Their shoulders are sort of hollow and I don’t want to mess it up.

I've tried something like this before for a friend and I think your best bet'll be to fill out the hollow section of the shoulder with putty, let it cure and then carve away the shoulderpad. That's how I did it anyways, worked pretty well - just takes some time.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/popbits?section=--+Shoulder&sort=

Pop goes the Monkey has curved icons to glue on to the existing pads

Those work, but would stick out like no one's business. If you have normal embossed pads those will stick out near-instantly and will look wrong.

Edited by Gederas

I did it with mine and basically, I just started carefully clipping them off bit by bit. I had a shoulder handy to keep checking to see how well the fit was:

snip

Yeah, same

Used my clippers to trim it down. With my hobby knife I did some detail stuff.

20201107-231753.jpg

Not the best picture for the shoulder plates, but as you can see, there isn't really a noticable gap.

Get some "Blue Stuff" which is the mould making silicon, press a sculpted pad into it and cure it.

Then get a small amount of Green Stuff or other putty of choice and press into the icon on the mould, push a blank or fixed pad in on top of it and you've made a matching icon.

Greenstuff world and others sell the blue putty stuff.

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/reusable-blue-stuff/2-blue-stuff-mold-4-bars.html

Rik